• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

bubumiao

Er not a video no but it's easy.

It's basically a "get out of combo" card. You can only use it once per match.

You have to wager how much meter (energy) to use.

If both players wage the same, then nothing happens they just bounce off each other.

If the defendant wins, he gains health back, if the attacker wins, he deals a lot of damage.

Saving meter is a crucial part of the fights so it always keeps you guessing what the opponent will do.

Thanks. I think I just don't understand which face button you push and does it change if you're on the player 2 side? Maybe this will be covered in a tutorial?

Slaythe

Thanks. I think I just don't understand which face button you push and does it change if you're on the player 2 side? Maybe this will be covered in a tutorial?

It will absolutely be covered in the tutorial.

But even if you forget, just remember square is always 1 bar.

Pressing R2 is 0 bars.

And the rest of the buttons are indicated during the clash, triangle = 2 bars, X 3 bars a,d O 4 bars. :D

Scotia

Banned
Catching up on the new information. I'm so down for Grid! I wonder how much progress is required in the mobile game to unlock him. Was there clarification of this?

Pretty sure I heard you just have to link your mobile game with your console game. Like with the New 52 Flash skin (I think) in Gods Among Us.

For those unfamiliar with Grid, it was an artificial intelligence originating from the Mother Box that was used to create Cyborg, that forcibly tore itself out of his body, retaining his cybernetic parts.

3524021-grid.jpg

Well that's an improvement over Cyborg.

Also, have they explained how the gear will work for premium skins ?

Doesn't change your look whatsoever but the stats from equipped gear can still apply unless you're playing tournament mode.

Basically if you have a premium skin equipped then that's what you'll look like period. Premium Skins are considered a shader as they fit in that slot.

Well that's an improvement over Cyborg.

Also, have they explained how the gear will work for premium skins ?

Grid is awesome. He first made an appearance in DC's Forever Evil. I didn't even consider him as an option for a Premier Skin to be honest, so this news is extremely surprising but exciting.

You'll retain the stat gains of the gear equipped but none of the appearance customisations. The Premier Skins are effectively Shaders in this scenario.

J-Tier

For those unfamiliar with Grid, it was an artificial intelligence originating from the Mother Box that was used to create Cyborg, that forcibly tore itself out of his body, retaining his cybernetic parts.
I'm hoping the entire Syndicate is a thing. I'd love to play as Owlman.

Slaythe

Oh wow yikes, so I guess we have to pray that we'll get premium skins that are just changing the face / hair then and not lock you out from customization too.

apparently the wall that you guys miss is a gear move

It is? It looks like those characters aren't wearing any gear, though you can still equip those unique moves without having any gear on. Maybe the wall is one of Lantern's brand new default moves. Hopefully a Watchtower stream will enlighten us. Only two more to go before release week.

Khezu

It's not a gear move.

Here is some video of default Lantern.

He has a move where he summons his lantern to different spaces on the screen and it explodes.
He also has the wall, the rolling ball.
He has a new projectile that fires from his lantern, and it can be turned into a beam.

I have not seen his gatling gun or missile specials, so they might be gone.

sinkfla87

It's not a gear move.

Here is some video of default Lantern.

He has a move where he summons his lantern to different spaces on the screen and it explodes.
He also has the wall, the rolling ball.
He has a new projectile that fires from his lantern, and it can be turned into a beam.

I have not seen his gatling gun or missile specials, so they might be gone.

Whoa whoa this is confirmed to be default lantern? Only saw the first minute... If so I really like this moveset.

Goodstyle

Speaking of cut moves, I'm kinda sad Joker's acid flower is gone. Hopefully it's a gear move at the very least. If they were gonna cut a move for his default set though, it really should have been the laughing gas can he tosses.

sinkfla87

did yall talk about Catwoman's ability to be REVIVED and I missed it or what

Looks like a gear only move unfortunately as the cat itself is strictly gear. Still I think it's hilarious haha. I will only play Cyborg as Grid, and that shall be done reluctantly lol. If anyone needed a new moveset it was definitely Cyborg :(. 18 days everyone!!!!

bubumiao

Is it possible to make any specific gear turn any color with shaders? I know premier skins can't be changed, but with the other crap does anything go (as long as you unlock those particular shades or whatever)?

Slaythe

Is it possible to make any specific gear turn any color with shaders? I know premier skins can't be changed, but with the other crap does anything go (as long as you unlock those particular shades or whatever)?

The shaders apply to all gear at the same time, you can't pick one shader for each gear piece.

But you can apply the shaders to any gear you get yes. They're not one "color", they have their own sets of colors within one shader.

bubumiao

The shaders apply to all gear at the same time, you can't pick one shader for each gear piece.

But you can apply the shaders to any gear you get yes. They're not one "color", they have their own sets of colors within one shader.

So "shaders" are more like sets of color palettes?

bubumiao

Basically yes.

But they can also change the materials of the gear, the eye hair and skin color and stuff like that.

I really like that they're giving the players so many choices. Hope this game has a large online community for a long time. I can see myself playing this nightly after work.

Top Bottom