• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Getting Margot Robbie in a booth? No way. Only these CW actors would have the time of day

Well, I don't mean literally getting Margot's face rendered in CGI. Just the hair and costume:
lightbox_113808_1467799286.jpg

Harley_Quinn_Injustice_2_Jacket__96234_std.jpg

Slaythe

Well, I don't mean literally getting Margot's face rendered in CGI. Just the hair and costume:

That render is outdated.

There has been no word on movie costume skins as of now.

But there definitely will be "gear" to equip her with that will strongly emulate the SS look.

She's already pretty damn close.

8ed4b1600540d900d761043b6f9bdd29.png

I'm sure there will be a shader with flashy color and shorts to equip. I think I saw one but I wouldn't be able to find it again.

Ares is a waste of a DLC slot. So many great villains not included and he gets in two games.

He's not confirmed. Ed Boon seemed to be using him as a example. I know he has his fans, many in this community, but I can't say that I'd be happy with him being one of the DLC characters. I never found him interesting.

Ryce

I wouldn't mind Ares if he brought more to the table than his Injustice 1 incarnation. He's so disappointingly boring in that game.

I wouldn't mind Ares if he brought more to the table than his Injustice 1 incarnation. He's so disappointingly boring in that game.

There are far more interesting and varied characters I'd rather see. Regardless of whether he brings more to the table, I'm still going to be disappointed.

vg260

He was the worst pick in the game aside from Scorpion. I'd take any other returning character over him if we had to, although my preference is for all new ones.

He was the worst pick in the game aside from Scorpion. I'd take any other returning character over him if we had to, although my preference is for all new ones.

That's my preference as well. I miss Sinestro, but there are too many characters in the DC universe who deserve a chance to shine and could surprise us if NRS translate them effectively.

Ryce

To be honest Sinestro and Shazam can just be premium skins of GL and Adam.

Not worth losing 2 DLC characters.
Sinestro and Shazam are way too unique to be premier skins, especially since they already exist in the series with their own move sets. There's nothing fear-based about Green Lantern's moves, and it would be strange for Shazam to go from a heroic powerhouse to a cross-armed zoning dictator with an Egyptian pyramid super move.

Slaythe

Well it's not like Shazam got his powers from Japanese gods.

And the abilities seem to grant some powers that could fit other characters that share a same concept. (Like Flash and reverse Flash)

Sinestro and Shazam are way too unique to be premier skins, especially since they already exist in the series with their own move sets. There's nothing fear-based about Green Lantern's moves, and it would be strange for Shazam to go from a heroic powerhouse to a cross-armed zoning dictator with an Egyptian pyramid super move.

Pretty much, Shazam is a mixup grappler with a very fun play style and black Adam is, well, lame. :)

vg260

Yeah, so many of the identity swap premiere skin ideas would be characters losing their personality or taking on one that doesn't make sense. There are very few that actually work, imo., and three of those are the ones announced.

delSai

I wouldn't call Adam lame, but i agree, Shazams Moveset is way to different (and in my opinion, much better). On one side i would be happy to have Shazam back, but on the other side i would be disappointed that he would use Black Adams moveset.

ZeroX03

Banned
My preference is all new for DLC. Any of the older characters would need big overhauls for me to want them.

The thing with this roster series, almost any character they pick *could* make for a compelling, interesting character. But whoever's designing moves at NRS tends to take these characters at their most basic and is inspired by the popular stuff. So a character's appeal and potential needs to be extremely obvious, or we get bland Firestorm. The creativity and depth in designing the characters is... lacking.

Like Sinestro could make for a great character. Do I trust NRS for him? Not really. The coolest stuff is usually heavily inspired or straight up stolen from the shows and movies. Sinestro doesn't have anything iconic there, and it showed in the first game they didn't quite know what to do with him.

Tyaren

Yeah, all DLC characters can be completely new for all I care...but I want Nightwing back, the real Nightwing, Dick Grayson.

JAXXX

Sinestro would be ok but the only returnee i want really back is a good looking Raven.

LOL that's the problem w/ bringing a injustice 1 character back - everyone will want their character to be the one to return.

I hear many wanting Batgirl back... why not ask for a new character like Batwoman who actually has a huge role in the comics.

Alienous

My DLC list, for 9 characters, would be:

Starfire
Terra
Etrigan
Deathstroke (with his potential inclusion in the DCEU he had to have made the list)
Raven
Circe
Star Sapphire

And two of the following:
Martian Manhuner or Beast Boy (heavily morphing based)
Killer Frost or Sub-Zero (ice based)

That seems like it would provide a good variety, especially in terms of visuals. No Batman characters. Star Sapphire's there to increase Green Lantern representation. It might be a little Teen Titan heavy.

Sesha

I think for the DLC we're looking at something like this:

Starfire
John Constantine
Static
Red Hood
Klarion or King Shark
Black Manta
Spawn
Hellboy or MK character (Sub-Zero/Johnny Cage/Raiden)
MK character (Sub-Zero/Johnny Cage/Raiden)

Three heroes, three villains, three guests. One of each in a pack.

J-Tier

I think for the DLC we're looking at something like this:

Starfire
John Constantine
Static
Red Hood
Klarion or King Shark
Black Manta
Spawn
Hellboy or MK character (Sub-Zero/Johnny Cage/Raiden)
MK character (Sub-Zero/Johnny Cage/Raiden)

Why does Klarion keep coming up lol? Is there some kinda indicator or have people been drinking weird juice?

JAXXX

My DLC list, for 9 characters, would be:

Starfire
Terra
Etrigan
Deathstroke (with his potential inclusion in the DCEU he had to have made the list)
Raven
Circe
Star Sapphire

And two of the following:
Martian Manhuner or Beast Boy (heavily morphing based)
Killer Frost or Sub-Zero (ice based)

That seems like it would provide a good variety, especially in terms of visuals. No Batman characters. Star Sapphire's there to increase Green Lantern representation. It might be a little Teen Titan heavy.
cool list but
no way NRS will add that many female characters.
Well be lucky to get 2 per season IMO.

I wonder how well female DLC characters sell compared to male ones.
I also wonder if NRS would take a chance and put a female character in as the guest character.

Would witch blade sell as well as spawn?
latest

707008044f9488524444ebbe8117d386.jpg

Slaythe

cool list but
no way NRS will add that many female characters.
Well be lucky to get 2 per season IMO.

I wonder how well female DLC characters sell compared to male ones.
I also wonder if NRS would take a chance and put a female character in as the guest character.

Would witch blade sell as well as spawn?
latest

707008044f9488524444ebbe8117d386.jpg

It was supposed to be Buffy =( ......

Plus it was the 20th anniversary it would have been perfect...

Slaythe

C-1hdavW0AU3H-T.jpg:orig

C-1heg5XoAAi-M6.jpg:orig

And always the bullshots... :/
That reminds me again that they stay completely silent on the PS4 Pro, which is imo not a good sign.

The game really isn't far from those bullshots.

The youtube compression is absolutely horrendous for this game for some reason. The actual game looks very good.

But yeah a downsampling from Pro would be great. Hopefully.

RedHill

Banned
Why does Klarion keep coming up lol? Is there some kinda indicator or have people been drinking weird juice?
Klarion would be a great character. His moveset would be brilliant, his intros would be funny, and there's tons of crazy gear he could have.

Tyaren

The game really isn't far from those bullshots.

The youtube compression is absolutely horrendous for this game for some reason. The actual game looks very good.

But yeah a downsampling from Pro would be great. Hopefully.

I didn't see the game in person yet, but in direct feed screenshots and high quality videos from places like Gamersyde the IQ was not the best. Aliasing and dithering are pretty obvious.
The PS4 will have a resolution of 1080p, right? What about the XBOne version? 900p probably?

Top Bottom