• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

caliph95

Funny quotes:

Cheetah: "Mine are real, Catwoman."
Catwoman: "We better be talkin' about claws here.."

Harley Quinn: "You ain't so tough, Superman!"
Superman: "Why do you say that?"
Harley Quinn: "Alfred knocked your freaking ass out."

Catwoman: "You still don't trust me?"
Batman: "You joined the regime, remember?"
Catwoman: "Bruce, honey, LET IT GO."

Harley Quinn: "You ever gonna trust me 100%?"
Batman: "I don't trust anyone that much."
Harley Quinn: "Aight.. I'll settle for 80."

Batman: "Jaime said you skipped out on practice."
Harley Quinn: "That little bug, what a SNITCH!"
It feels like only Jaime goes to practice

JAXXX

The hair, I guess? Maybe a more mature and older looking face? Idk. Just feels off.

I wonder if most of the people displeased w/ a character's looks are thrown off seeing the comic characters "realistically" depicted ,leaning more toward a Kingdom Come style than young justice .

kc_02_nt.jpg

young-justice-lineup-124460.jpg

Slaythe

Can somebody explain to me why the mobile game plays like complete shit ?

"It's mobile !" Doesn't cut it.

There are a lot of mobile games that are unbalanced, broken and bla bla bla but are still satisfying despite being repetitive.

This feels so terrible.

I can't get my head around it. How did they reach the conclusion "hey, this feels great, this gameplay is super fun" ?

Yikes. Because they put a lot of effort into everything else that's why it's not a sloppy job, yet the gameplay.... phew

Khezu

Can somebody explain to me why the mobile game plays like complete shit ?

"It's mobile !" Doesn't cut it.

There are a lot of mobile games that are unbalanced, broken and bla bla bla but are still satisfying despite being repetitive.

This feels so terrible.

I can't get my head around it. How did they reach the conclusion "hey, this feels great, this gameplay is super fun" ?

Yikes. Because they put a lot of effort into everything else that's why it's not a sloppy job, yet the gameplay.... phew

I wish it was just like a turn based fighting game.
Just some basic ass rock paper scissors.
I choose a command they choose one, and then someone wins.

I don't want to put thought into a mobile game.

You just need to link your account, I believe. You don't need any actual progress in the mobile game.

That seems wrong. The mobile games for IJ1 and MKX both had you do tasks in the game to unlock stuff for the console games.

That said, there is no "console unlocks" feature in the mobile game, so...either we see it when IJ2 launches, or we won't see it at all. I've already advanced to Chapter 2 in the mobile game's campaign. I hope that wasn't for nothing.

Marvel

could never
Same here man. Those extra three days for the game to come out in the UK are going to kill me.
Likewise :(

I just hope I get it early like I normally do for all my physical purchases.Knowing my luck it won't happen for the one game I desire most.

Chairhome

That seems wrong. The mobile games for IJ1 and MKX both had you do tasks in the game to unlock stuff for the console games.

That said, there is no "console unlocks" feature in the mobile game, so...either we see it when IJ2 launches, or we won't see it at all. I've already advanced to Chapter 2 in the mobile game's campaign. I hope that wasn't for nothing.
There was a Flash Costume that you unlocked in IJ1 that you only had to link accounts for

vg260

I wish it was just like a turn based fighting game.
Just some basic ass rock paper scissors.
I choose a command they choose one, and then someone wins.

I don't want to put thought into a mobile game.

Yeah, I hate they made it more active to play. Hopefully someone finds a cheap team setup to get through the AI easily.

On the stream they said you unlock Grid simply by linking accounts.

I mean, in MKX you did get a Raiden skin by linking your WB Play account to the console game. So, that doesn't surprise me too much.

That aside, I can't imagine that we won't get more unlocks, and it surprises me that we haven't heard about more of them aside from the Grid skin for Cyborg. I think one of the things you can get on the console game from the mobile game are mother boxes, but again--there's nothing in the mobile game right now pertaining to console unlocks. Maybe today's Watchtower stream will shed some light.

RootCause

Im pretty sure you just needed to use the same E-Mail for Arkham Knight and Injustice 1. Im sure it'll be the same with Injustice 2.
Hmmm. I dont see an option to register for justice 2. So can I create the account on injustice 1, link that to the console, and still get the premier skin?

delSai

Hmmm. I dont see an option to register for justice 2. So can I create the account on injustice 1, link that to the console, and still get the premier skin?

I dont think that would work. Maybe the option to link with WBID is not there yet. Dont worry, its not a timed thing, you'll still get it a week from now. It might get added once the console game releases.

Garlador

BvS Superman too? I feel like this will be another case of mobile only but I hope I'm wrong.

Perhaps, but then again consoles got a ton of movie skins last time too. There was a Man of Steel Zod and Superman skin last time, alongside the Arrow TV series skin (and voice).

Tcab96

what's the best intro/clash quote that you guys have heard?

I heard one yesterday that actually made me laugh out loud.

CLASH-

Wonder Woman: Damian despises you.

Batman: You can have him.

Damn -Batman is clearly father of the year, LOL

Batman: "I don't have time for this, Damian."

Damian: "A good father would make time."

Batman: "A better son would deserve it."

Whoever's playing Damian and gets this intro should instantly lose.

Just watched Chapter 1

I honestly didn't give 2 shits about the story but now I do.

Although in saying that MKX had a sick Chapter1then duded out.

Only thing I didn't understand in this chapter is
How the hell did Batman beat Wonder Women clean? I understand with Superman with the red grenade to weaken him.

My only conclusion to make sense is WW him win so she could tell him where Superman was

Chapter 1 seems to retcon a pretty important plot point though

If Damian doesn't kill Nightwing in Arkham, they're going to have to address how they retconned it at some point in the story

JAXXX

Chapter 1 seems to retcon a pretty important plot point though

If Damian doesn't kill Nightwing in Arkham, they're going to have to address how they retconned it at some point in the story

The game doesn't seem to follow the comics at all. Cyborg doesnt even know anout the other Titans

GeeTeeCee

I really really doubt we're getting skins unless they change the character's identity. We've had no indication of anything otherwise

Which is a shame, because for popular characters like Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, those alternate costumes would be a licence to print money. The Arkham games certainly took advantage of Batman's varied wardrobe.

Tyaren

Lol, they just stated the mobile game runs on Unreal Engine 4, while we know the console game still runs on Unreal Engine 3. Priorities... XD

GeeTeeCee

What the hell, the mobile game is out now the UK Play Store right now? Thanks for the lack of warning, Google, it's not like I've been pre-registered for months for that specific purpose or anything.

Downloading now.

Marvel

could never
What the hell, the mobile game is out now the UK Play Store right now? Thanks for the lack of warning, Google, it's not like I've been pre-registered for months for that specific purpose or anything.

Downloading now.
Oh shit! I'm downloading now too.

Garlador

Wtf someone said earlier that it was all in one canon. Itll be stupid if they retcon a shitload of it.

Tom Taylor did a masterful job writing around some contradictions last time, and it's definitely confirmed the Green Arrow we see in this game is the one from his comics, so Injustice 2 can't be TOTALLY ignoring canon.

But the game writers aren't the comic writers, I know. And, no offense to NRS writers, but their storylines are often just bursting with retcons and contradictions. Pretty sure the Mortal Kombat tournament from the first game has been told half-a-dozen different ways, each time with more and more retcons and contradictions.

Ryce

I was really hoping that the harpoon grab and tendril parry would be default moves instead of that awful robotic dive kick.

JAXXX

Wtf someone said earlier that it was all in one canon. Itll be stupid if they retcon a shitload of it.
of course i am ONLY speaking of chapter 1(that's all i have seen)
if it is canon, they aren't going in any kind of order that the comics have. LOL

fernoca

Tom Taylor did a masterful job writing around some contradictions last time, and it's definitely confirmed the Green Arrow we see in this game is the one from his comics, so Injustice 2 can't be TOTALLY ignoring canon.

But the game writers aren't the comic writers, I know. And, no offense to NRS writers, but their storylines are often just bursting with retcons and contradictions. Pretty sure the Mortal Kombat tournament from the first game has been told half-a-dozen different ways, each time with more and more retcons and contradictions.
Is a combination of things.
For Mortal Kombat it wasn't until Armageddon that they started tying all knots. And then they rebooted it with the 2011 release. Shaolin Monks was always a spinoff made around what if and rumors from the arcade days.So MK has only been retconned once. The scene in MKX from the tournament, is from the moment Liu Kang and Kung Lao were not seen during the MKII events. Just that D'Vorah was added into the mix.

With MKX it was also mentioned that the comic book writers were working on things separate from the game, so they had to add things from it into the game.

So they exchange ideas and add/remove aspects, is not just 2 sides doing their own thing.

of course i am ONLY speaking of chapter 1(that's all i have seen)
if it is canon, they aren't going in any kind of order that the comics have. LOL

Chapter 1 only really changes that one
Nightwing
detail, and reduces the scale of the battle (since in the comic it was the entire Justice League meeting up). Otherwise it's more or less how I'd expect the game to tell it. They aren't going to trot out Grundy or anything when he's not in the game.

fernoca

Chapter 1 only really changes that one
Nightwing
detail, and reduces the scale of the battle (since in the comic it was the entire Justice League meeting up). Otherwise it's more or less how I'd expect the game to tell it. They aren't going to trot out Grundy or anything when he's not in the game.
They also said that they were going to avoid the thing in MKX of having charactersb like Sindel and Nightwolf as part of thes story , because people assumed they were full models and should be playable....followed by insults and death threats online for not releasing said characters. :p

Top Bottom