• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

I don't buy it. Swamp Thing's intro animations, character power, super, and victory pose make no sense for Clayface. Recoloring his plant-based move set makes little sense, either.

Edit: That guy is playing the "I don't know how to upload images" game in 2017.

Not to attempt to validate this troll attempt on Reddit, but wouldn't a premium skin change stuff like the intro/victory animations?

sinkfla87

Someone else on there said they have the game and that his premiere skin list is 100% BS. However he isn't sharing any more info as he doesn't want to spoil or ruin the game. I believe him x100 over that other dude who magically can't get imgur to work haha.

While it would be cool, I'm really doubting that premium skins change anything but va and skin textures. I think custom animations would be too costly to do (especially ones that would require custom particles & textures), at least for every skin, unless they're charging like 10-15$ for each skin.

I still want that Shazam skin though.

Ryce

Shazam isn't going to be a skin. I'll bet on that. Adam's cross-armed dictator pose, generally snobbish animations, and Egyptian pyramid destruction super don't make any sense for Shazam. Adam is far too blatantly villainous.

J-Tier

Shazam isn't going to be a skin. I'll bet on that. Adam's cross-armed dictator pose, generally snobbish animations, and Egyptian pyramid destruction super don't make any sense for Shazam. Adam is far too blatantly villainous.
Yeah, Shazam is supposed to be a naive kid in an adults body. It really doesn't make sense as an alt skin.

bubumiao

Premiere skins are shaders, I mean that's how they are applied. They get two different color schemes but in order to equip a premiere skin, you have to select them from the shader menu.

I remember seeing Grid's in the shaders menu (for Cyborg) last week on stream. Got it. There are some things that haven't been made crystal clear about this game.

Not only do I see people asking the same questions over and over, I find myself asking and second guessing as well.

Glad they're doing the streams. Capcom could learn a thing or two.

RedHill

Banned
Whelp, that guy that actually got the game early said that the only correct premiere skin from that fake list is Red Arrow. So, with no Donna Troy, Cassandra Sandsmark hype?

sinkfla87

I don't know why they always pull this crap. Why couldn't a premier skin or badass gear be the story reward?

Okay, I'm over it lol. Will just have to try to beat the story ASAP.

I don't necessarily disagree with you lol. I remember wanting to try Shinnok out right out of the gate. On the plus side, forcing you to complete story mode helps eliminate being spoiled early by external sources.

Whelp, that guy that actually got the game early said that the only correct premiere skin from that fake list is Red Arrow. So, with no Donna Troy, Cassandra Sandsmark hype?

Any other confirms?

Gleethor

I don't know why they always pull this crap. Why couldn't a premier skin or badass gear be the story reward?

Okay, I'm over it lol. Will just have to try to beat the story ASAP.

You could at least get around it in MKX if you bought the first Kombat Pack. Since it contained a skin for Shinnok, the game let you play as him immediately.

I just preordered the Ultimate Edition via the US PSN store. That countdown is soo good! I'm not loving the exclusive theme though. A little more effort would have been appreciated.

Pre-order themes have been absolutely terrible lately. THe DQH 2 one was a simple wallpaper with no background music or any changes to the icons.

They need to put a little more time into these for me to order more digital.

RedHill

Banned
The only feasible female premiere skins IMO are:

Wonder Woman- Wonder Girl, Grail

Harley Quinn- Duela Dent

Catwoman- Holly?

I can't see Silver Banshee for Black Canary. Outside of a sonic scream there's no power set similarity

ZeroX03

Banned
I have no idea, I just spend all the purple crap on hero chests because the thrill of gambling is literally the only fun to be had in mobile video games.

I mostly just want motherboxes in the console version lol.

I'm thinking I'll put my gems (that's the purple currency?) on operation upgrades.

Any advice for the mobile game? What currency to spend on what?

find specials you like for characters and upgrade them with coins, and the gems are used on hero chests/opp upgrades. for me i have Batmans kicks and Harleys kick/shooting at L25.

And do all 10 daily challenges to get more gems/coins and some extra power. Only shit thing is it can be hard to level up characters since you cant replay the campaign missions other than the bosses. and bosses are limited to 3 wind a day on heroic.

I have been playing for about a week since it was launched on the AU Android store.

Im hoping it doesnt become pay 2 win because i dont want to spend money on it.

Does Superwoman use a shield and sword?

No.

7ImGfAQ.jpg

Wow was not expecting any Premier skins outside of Freeze, sweet!!!

I'd love if they had a Premier skin as a super hard to get to and beat hidden fight like the old days, or some crazy challenge to unlock it.

It won't effect gameplay at all so no complaints (there would be complaints lol)

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm officially ready for the game.

Spend gems on operation level up

that way you can level up so without mashing the touch screen

find specials you like for characters and upgrade them with coins, and the gems are used on hero chests/opp upgrades. for me i have Batmans kicks and Harleys kick/shooting at L25.

And do all 10 daily challenges to get more gems/coins and some extra power. Only shit thing is it can be hard to level up characters since you cant replay the campaign missions other than the bosses. and bosses are limited to 3 wind a day on heroic.

Okay I put it all toward operations. I don't want to roll for random heroes, with my luck I'd never get who I want.

Top Bottom