• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

So I'm assuming the story mode will have 12 chapters. What's the expected length of this game compared to Injustice 1? Hopefully it will be longer than MKX.

vg260

I didn’t have high expectations for any character-changing premier skins, and that Freeze skin didn't change that.

I think only ones that are simple outfit swaps are going to work.

Ryce

That Freeze skin is pure garbage. Like, embarrassingly so. Who the fuck greenlit that? Where's his helmet? I can forgive the dumb New 52 costume, but the glass helmet is Freeze.

Ryce

I really hope they patch a helmet in. I don't get it -- it's not like a transparent dome over his head has to affect his hitboxes.

Probably because a character trying to punch him in the face will send their fist through the dome, given that they have to keep it consistent with Captain Cold. One would hope they could kind of fudge it, but I'm not a developer, so I dunno.

I'd say you're right on the money. I wasn't expecting Mr. Freeze to have a dome for that reason. Concessions need to be made to preserve the hitboxes.

Ryce

That's what I was wondering. Is it just a visual clipping issue and not necessarily the hitbox?
I'm not sure, but the hitbox excuse doesn't make sense, because lots of characters have hood up/down variants, bulky hats and masks, and other gear pieces affecting the area around a character's head.

Also, it's just plain weird how much bulkier Captain Cold looks in this game than Mr. Freeze.

That's what I was wondering. Is it just a visual clipping issue and not necessarily the hitbox?

Visual clipping is a hitbox issue. Assuming they can't extend the hitbox out to include the helmet, it will cause clipping when the characters reach the actual hitbox of Cold's head.

I can't think of any other reason; there's no way NRS doesn't know the helmet is the crux of the character.

I'm not sure, but the hitbox excuse doesn't make sense, because lots of characters have hood up/down variants, bulky hats and masks, and other gear pieces affecting the area around a character's head.

His helmet would extend out farther than any hood or variant I've seen. Keep in mind hats and hoods usually hit the top of the head, which probably aren't as noticeable as something directly in front of someone's face. It's also transparent, so you'll see exactly when the hand crosses over. You can probably blur it better when a hand clips through a solid mask.

ZeroX03

Banned
Be real here

That's not the Captain Cold skin anyone should've been wishing for

tenor.gif

Tyaren

Freeze looks weird

https://i.redd.it/50ch805ecswy.jpg

I assume it's for hitbox reasons

Eww... Is that how Capatin Cold looks without his helmet or did they give him a completely new face for this skin? D: Well, as a compensation the dude is packing, I guess, lol.

For each amazing character model we get a model that looks so random and generic. As if they dragged random cosplayers from some convention to fullbody scan them.

Lokimaru

Calling Superman Evil is like calling The Punisher or Deadpool Evil. Sure he killed Billy but he killed him as Captain Marvel, a grown man with powers comparable to his own not as Billy Batson so to me it doesn't count as child murder. Hate to play Devils Advocate here but none of this happens if Batman had put a tougher leash on the Joker (like say the kind of cell they stick Superman in, Hell Harley in Suicide Squad got a tougher cell then the Joker ever gets).

Guy nuked a city with Harley's help yet she gets off scott free, She's literally an accessory to mass-murder and terrorism but nope she fought against Superman (to save her own ass mind you) so she gets to hang with the cool kids. Cause that's all Injustice is the cool guys vs. the not cool guys.

Notice how even though Batman a sanctimonious Asshole who get tons of people killed cause he can't get off his high horse he still comes out smelling like a rose. There's a moment in the opening of I2 where he brutally beats down an Arkham Security Guard reminds of when in BvS he beats the Fuck out of Lexcorp Security on his way to get the Kryptonite, you see one guy on a gurney needing resuscitation, these are just salaried employees man not goons or thugs. Robin even comments on it. But nope he's Batman so it's all good.

RedHill

Banned
They couldn't atleast put Freeze's body completely in a suit? Why is a character that needs an ice suit to survive wearing essentially an armored tank top? #NotMyFreeze

Big dick tho

Ryce

His helmet would extend out farther than any hood or variant I've seen. Keep in mind hats and hoods usually hit the top of the head, which probably aren't as noticeable as something directly in front of someone's face. It's also transparent, so you'll see exactly when the hand crosses over. You can probably blur it better when a hand clips through a solid mask.
Joker had a Red Hood costume in the first Injustice that featured a Freeze-esque helmet, though, and it didn't pose any problems. It just seems really weird to me that a helmet on Freeze is where NRS draws the line regarding potential hitbox wonkiness. The game is full of clipping issues. I'd rather the opponent's hand partially pass through Freeze's helmet for a split second during certain attacks than him not have a helmet at all.

Joker had a Red Hood costume in the first Injustice that featured a Freeze-esque helmet, though, and it didn't pose any problems. It just seems really weird to me that a helmet on Freeze is where NRS draws the line regarding potential hitbox wonkiness. The game is full of clipping issues.

I don't think you could 1:1 Joker's head naturally inside the hood helmet. When it's solid you can fudge it enough to keep the hitbox the same and not look too bad.

Like think how small his head would be if you actually saw what it looks like inside the confines of that helmet.

To be fair, even though I'm kind of defending it, I think it's a terrible idea to do it how they did. I think you either make it work or you scrap it, but they probably didn't want to deal with "Why don't you guys do a Mr Freeze skin?" on twitter for the next five years.

sinkfla87

WTF. That is horrendous haha. This is my concern with premiere skins to be honest... They don't want anything to make changes to the hitbox, but would a dome really cause that? Just have a smaller dome at least on his head.

vg260

Joker had a Red Hood costume in the first Injustice that featured a Freeze-esque helmet, though, and it didn't pose any problems. It just seems really weird to me that a helmet on Freeze is where NRS draws the line regarding potential hitbox wonkiness. The game is full of clipping issues. I'd rather the opponent's hand partially pass through Freeze's helmet for a split second during certain attacks than him not have a helmet at all.

Oh, yeah. Weird.

Same, I'd rather see clipping with the transparent dome than not have an iconic feature.

HOLY BALLS WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THESE GOD BLESS LUCE THE SON OF BUCE
Thanks lol but I can't take the credit.

Someone on Reddit must have gotten their hands on a copy: https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/6ai7hr/spoilers_new_premier_skins_leaked/
Counting Freeze any idea how many there in game?
I don't think they ever confirmed exactly how many are there in the game at launch. With these leaks, we know of 6 so far.

Here's an in-game picture of Freeze: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_hZ3lmUIAA-61g.jpg:orig

In-game picture of John Stewart: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_hadEHU0AE1jsq.jpg:orig

In-game picture of Power Girl: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_hauSSUwAAV8z8.jpg:orig

In-game picture of Reverse-Flash: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_hbOuIVYAAkcbK.jpg:orig
6???

Not counting Grid and the pre order chars?
Oh sorry, that's 7. And yes, that's including the pre-order ones. There might still be more in the game.
Are these DLC or in game?

Power Girl, Reverse Flash and John Stewart are DLC.

Grid for Cyborg is unlocked through playing the Mobile game.

Dr. Freeze and the 2 I just linked are unlocked in-game.

ZeroX03

Banned
Do the premium skins show up in the shader selection before you unlock them?

SPOILER FOR A NEW PREMIUM SKIN: https://i.redd.it/rptuafoh4twy.jpg It's a premium skin for
Flash.................

HOLY SHIT, HERE's ANOTHER ONE: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C_haD2TV0AAg-Jh.jpg:orig It's a premium skin for
Cheetah...................

WOW. I'm conflicted as hell on who to use between
RF and Jay

Also is it actually feasible to keep skin discussion spoiler tagged? It can't be this way for the final release can it?

sinkfla87

I went to that guy's Twitter and I think he leaked/spoiled a fragment of story content so beware everybody! :(

I want to see more skins though, especially if the
Red Arrow
skin is true.

I went to that guy's Twitter and I think he leaked/spoiled a fragment of story content so beware everybody! :(

I want to see more skins though, especially if the
Red Arrow
skin is true.
Yeah forgot to mention, that dude is posting a lot of screenshots on his twitter and that might include spoilers, that's why I linked to the pictures and not the page itself.

If I see anymore floating online then I'll definitely try to link it in a spoiler-free fashion.

Top Bottom