• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

sinkfla87

I can confirm that those are the only premier skins in the grid. Kind of sucks that the ultimate edition ones aren't exclusive and cost 6k instead of 4k. I'm sure they will release more as most of the cast don't have any.
Only The Flash having 2 is weird.

I beat the story mode too and it said something about beating all scenarios for an alternate ending. Possible something could be behind that. Didn't get any other unlocks besides brainiac.

Can you see the skins (locked) in the shader menu for each character from the beginning?

And by 6k, you mean the standard currency/credits you get from playing the game in general?

I can confirm that those are the only premier skins in the grid. Kind of sucks that the ultimate edition ones aren't exclusive and cost 6k instead of 4k. I'm sure they will release more as most of the cast don't have any.
Only The Flash having 2 is weird.

I beat the story mode too and it said something about beating all scenarios for an alternate ending. Possible something could be behind that. Didn't get any other unlocks besides brainiac.

Wait, you can unlock Reverse Flash, Power Girl and John Stewart in the base game?

Alienous

lol at
the liquid nitrogen tanks in the pockets of
the Mr. Freeze premier skin.

It is perhaps the worst designed version of Mr. Freeze I have ever seen. Like someone casually glanced at an image of Mr. Freeze for .5 of the second and thought "I got this".

That Mr. Freeze looks hilarious it's just bald Captain Cold. Shaders are 4000 source crystals that seems expensive I wonder how much they cost to buy.

Scotia

Banned
I've gotta say, I'm incredibly disappointed if
Vixen and Jay Garrick
are the only other premier skins we don't know about that we're getting, especially seeing as
Flash
has two and most of the roster don't have any.

Maybe around a 5 or 6? Haha. To be honest it was just an out of context screenshot but judging by what I saw, it could be an explanation for something that people have been curious about.
This in my opinion is what I gathered and what the picture was (click at own risk!):

It looked like a flashback scene of a young Harley Quinn and young Joker. It could answer how he has returned despite dying in I1.

Hey it's all good! Thanks for going back and fixing it.

The Joker didn't die. He was carted off in the closing montage in the first game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wtf where is his glass helmet?? it better be a gear option.

C_hZ3lmUIAA-61g.jpg

latest

LowRoller

lol at
the liquid nitrogen tanks in the pockets of
the Mr. Freeze premier skin.

It is perhaps the worst designed version of Mr. Freeze I have ever seen. Like someone casually glanced at an image of Mr. Freeze for .5 of the second and thought "I got this".
They based it off his new 52 design which is his worst look. Nora wasn't even his wife in the new 52 lol, just some girl who got frozen a long time a go.

I'm just happy that they included some premiere skins in the base game. Is the kind of stuff WB can (and will) monetize.

This. Mr Freeze aside, I never expected Premier Skins to be available in the base game. I assumed them to be strictly DLC. I'm sure we'll also see more added over time and/or purchasable.

what the fuck? where the hell is his glass helmet? seriously this makes no sense.

From a development point of view, there were probably clipping or hitbox issues. Based on Cold's animations, I'm guessing Freeze's head would've regularly clipped the glass. NRS likely tried to make it work but had to make concessions. I know the dome is iconic but I'm okay with the absence; he looks near identical to his New 52 incarnation otherwise. If it meant he couldn't be part of the game, I'd choose to forgo the dome every time.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
From a development point of view, there were probably clipping or hitbox issues. Based on Cold's animations, I'm guessing Freeze's head would've regularly clipped the dome. I'm okay with the absence, he looks near identical to his New 52 incarnation otherwise.

Eh what about other characters with helmets? they got it to work for them too so why not Freeze? also last time i checked Freeze can't even breathe without his helmet on.

vg260

I'm not worried about skin spoilers, but this is a rare time I'm interested in the story. I'm staying completely off Reddit, Twitter, and YouTube until I play the story first thing. Hopefully this stays a safe place.

I'm not worried about skin spoilers, but this is a rare time I'm interested in the story. I'm staying completely off Reddit, Twitter, and YouTube until I play the story first thing. Hopefully this stays a safe place.

It should be a safe place. Speculation is okay, but spoilers need to be marked. Don't worry, we have your back.

Alienous

From a development point of view, there were probably clipping or hitbox issues. Based on Cold's animations, I'm guessing Freeze's head would've regularly clipped the glass. NRS likely tried to make it work but had to make concessions. I know the dome is iconic but I'm okay with the absence; he looks near identical to his New 52 incarnation otherwise. If it meant he couldn't be part of the game, I'd choose to forgo the dome every time.

I could maybe believe that reasoning if the skin didn't scream laziness or lack of time.

For one, I can't think of another default suit in either of the Injustice games that was a straight adaptation of a comic book design. Then, despite having a reference, it's such a poor recreation - it lacks the musculature that added bulk to the New 52 design, and even the hair. Elements like the liquid nitrogen canisters in his pockets, presumably to keep his legs cool, look comical.

It would win no cosplay contests ever. It would probably only be identified as Mr. Freeze after scrutiny.

If a character is only going to have one design they really should have done better than this.

Man when is this mobile app gonna release in the US on droid.

That freeze skin does look weird to me. It would of been nice to at least have his collar and maybe some broken glass at the base kinda saying he got it smashed open. His skin doesn't look as icy as i expected either but that's just nitpicky i feel. His stance is very non Mr Freeze but that is probably to due with captain cold's stance. Goggles are really small as well you know the more I look at it the more small things being off I notice.

Slaythe

0fdd9z5z9twy.jpg

She looks so bad.

Plus, for some reason, in puts in evidence how wrong the proportions are on Supergirl's model.

Look how long her arms are, and how low her knees are. The hell ?

Ryce

I could maybe believe that reasoning if the skin didn't scream laziness or lack of time.

For one, I can't think of another default suit in either of the Injustice games that was a straight adaptation of a comic book design. Then, despite having a reference, it's such a poor recreation - it lacks the musculature that added bulk to the New 52 design, and even the hair. Elements like the liquid nitrogen canisters in his pockets, presumably to keep his legs cool, look comical.

It would win no cosplay contests ever. It would probably only be identified as Mr. Freeze after scrutiny.

If a character is only going to have one design they really should have done better than this.
It's so incredibly ironic that in a game filled with overdesigned armored characters, Mr. Freeze (the quintessential overdesigned armored character) looks like he just rolled out of bed in his pajamas.

Top Bottom