• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

OSHAN

I know John Stewart, Power Girl, and Reverse Flash are in the 100 goddamn dollar edition; how do you get Mr Freeze and Vixen?

sinkfla87

I know John Stewart, Power Girl, and Reverse Flash are in the 100 goddamn dollar edition; how do you get Mr Freeze and Vixen?

You have to buy them with in game currency, source crystals. Story mode gets you 4k I hear, while they cost 6k each.

Speaking of story mode, best buy has me trapped in the "preparing" chapter and I'm not getting source crystals nor my copy of Injustice wtf.

delSai

You can buy Premier Skins, that includes John, PG and Reverse Flash, with Source Crystals, they cost 6k and you can get them by either spending real money, leveling up your profile (which gets you 100) and you also get 4k for finishing Story. If you want all of them its going to be a grind. Buying the Ultimate Edition obviously makes it less of a grind.

f@luS

More than a member.
You have to buy them with in game currency, source crystals. Story mode gets you 4k I hear, while they cost 6k each.

Speaking of story mode, best buy has me trapped in the "preparing" chapter and I'm not getting source crystals nor my copy of Injustice wtf.
Huuu. Everything sounded perfect in that game. But a 100$ game that has micro transaction for skins and such ? I really don't like

OSHAN

You can buy Premier Skins, that includes John, PG and Reverse Flash, with Source Crystals, they cost 6k and you can get them by either spending real money, leveling up your profile (which gets you 100) and you also get 4k for finishing Story. If you want all of them its going to be a grind. Buying the Ultimate Edition obviously makes it less of a grind.

OK, that's good news. So does that mean I can buy Power Girl for crystals as well, or is she locked behind the Ultimate Edition?

cinco

Sorry if this has been asked before but will the premiere skins have different endings in arcade mode? As in Vixen will her own arcade ending separate from Cheetah?

delSai

OK, that's good news. So does that mean I can buy Power Girl for crystals as well, or is she locked behind the Ultimate Edition?

Only the 2 shaders are exclusive, everything else can be bought no matter what edition you buy. It's just saving you some time plus you have 3 less Skins you have to use your Crystals for.

Edit: Damn im slow today

sinkfla87

Huuu. Everything sounded perfect in that game. But a 100$ game that has micro transaction for skins and such ? I really don't like

It's not really a microtransaction, you don't have to spend any actual money on them. It's not really that different from having to meet certain conditions to unlock something, that's exactly what it is but now you've got something to the equivalent of koins in MKX that you would spend in the Krypt.

I repeat: the currency is I mentioned is obtained by playing the game.

FHIZ

It's not really a microtransaction, you don't have to spend any actual money on them. It's not really that different from having to meet certain conditions to unlock something, that's exactly what it is but now you've got something to the equivalent of koins in MKX that you would spend in the Krypt.

I repeat: the currency is I mentioned is obtained by playing the game.
I think it's just a question of how much of that currency is handed out. If it's anything like SFV where you (from my albeit it dated memory) have to be playing all the time and be winning to get any meaningful amount at a snail's pace, then the prospect of "just play for a bit to earn currency to unlock thing" isn't that appealing to those who aren't masters at the game.

sinkfla87

I think it's just a question of how much of that currency is handed out. If it's anything like SFV where you (from my albeit it dated memory) have to be playing all the time and be winning to get any meaningful amount at a snail's pace, then the prospect of "just play for a bit to earn currency to unlock thing" isn't that appealing to those who aren't masters at the game.

I could have sworn someone who has the game said it drops pretty consistently through story mode, arcade ladders and Multiverse. You're going to be getting them a hell of a lot faster than you would FM in SFV, and there's more avenues in which you can earn them. I'll look for the post, but can someone verify?

I felt the pain of SF's FM drops, the drop amount per match is absolutely ridiculous. You also have to remember though that you can buy DLC characters with FM so naturally they want it to be more time consuming to earn it where as here you WILL have to pay for DLC characters with real world money.

OSHAN

Only the 2 shaders are exclusive, everything else can be bought no matter what edition you buy. It's just saving you some time plus you have 3 less Skins you have to use your Crystals for.

Edit: Damn im slow today

Wait, the DLC characters can be bought with in game currency?

FHIZ

I could have sworn someone who has the game said it drops pretty consistently through story mode, arcade ladders and Multiverse. You're going to be getting them a hell of a lot faster than you would FM in SFV, and there's more avenues in which you can earn them. I'll look for the post, but can someone verify?

I felt the pain of SF's FM drops, the drop amount per match is absolutely ridiculous. You also have to remember though that you can buy DLC characters with FM so naturally they want it to be more time consuming to earn it where as here you WILL have to pay for DLC characters with real world money.
True about the character and FM stuff, but for someone like me, who enjoys fighters but does not give a shit about frame counting or whatever people at EVO do, the rate which FM dripped out and the prices on everything from a single costume to a character was absolutely implausible for someone like me to take advantage of, ever. So if I2's crystal rate is more generous, then great.

sinkfla87

True about the character and FM stuff, but for someone like me, who enjoys fighters but does not give a shit about frame counting or whatever people at EVO do, the rate which FM dripped out and the prices on everything from a single costume to a character was absolutely implausible for someone like me to take advantage of, ever. So if I2's crystal rate is more generous, then great.

Believe me I felt your pain haha. I ended up just never buying alt costumes or stages and chucking all the FM into characters. Even then, I ended up spending money on DLC characters because there's only so many times a sane person can subject themselves to survival mode.

Ryce

It's crazy how the game is officially available tomorrow. It feels like the four month drought was just the other day.

I had a little over 6k crystals as of Saturday. Got more from doing 100% story and got another 500 for decking out a character in all rare gear.

sinkfla87

It's crazy how the game is officially available tomorrow. It feels like the four month drought was just the other day.

They must have given all the PR materials to Best Buy.

SALTY AF
I'm off work tomorrow and Wednesday night so I'm ready to play until my eyes bleed.
May I join both GAF guilds, Xbox and PSN?

dawgparty

So can you only get the Gods shader from the deluxe/ultimate editions? Also do we have visuals on how it looks on characters other than WW Batman and Supes?

Spinky

For UK peeps, Simplygames are apparently dispatching now. Says "in stock" on their site too, as opposed to "pre-order".

Aaaaaaaaand now I'm wishing I pre-ordered from them. Any copies that were sent out today should arrive tomorrow, three days before release.

vg260

I've pre-ordered both the standard and UE now, I have a problem.

I gave into the hype too.

I double-dipped on the Xbox version. I had MS point amassed from Bing searches, and it was enough to cover it. The points had to be redeemed by June and spent by September, so I can't really wait for a big Black Friday discount.
There's not much else on Xbox I want before then, so I figured I might as well have it to play with some other folks. I could have used the credit to preorder something else, but I've been sitting on the points long enough. I was tempted to pre-order Battlefront II, but I never end up playing shooters I impulse buy much, and I'd rather be earning some loot for six months than sitting on that pre-order until then. I was thinking about MvCI too, but I've learned not to buy any game that comes out in September or later until Black Friday, I'd probably pick it up fist on PS4 anyway. I'll probably want RDR2 on Xbox, but who knows if that will even be out this year. Still trying to justify this to myself :/

Anyway, I'm down for both Guilds.

caliph95

Huh looks spoilers for playbale braniac
the braniac you play in arcade modes and such is the legion of superheroes braniac from the future that is cool

ajanke

Ahhh well at least I'm not alone now :(.
Where are you from? I called them on Saturday and they said everything was on track but as of now my order is still in limbo.

I did a pre order digitally through them because PSN was being a piece of shit lol. Stupid PSN refuses to let me purchase anything through my browser because my address on my account and my address on my car/paypal didn't match. So apparently I'm on a 48 hour lockout. so annoying considering my address on my psn has been out dated almost a year but now it decides to cause problems.

Top Bottom