• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Neoxon

With the Justice League Dark movie moving forward as Dark Universe, Zatanna's chances of returning have increased.

delSai

I could really go for a new reveal. Hopefully at NYCC. C'mon Ed, tease something ;_;
The other roster pics in the OP are being worked on, sorry that it took so long!

Yeah, I could use a reveal right now. If a character from JLD appeared, give me Etrigan. I mean, would take Constantine as well.

I'm just wondering when my boy Swamp Thing is going to appear!

Neoxon

Yeah, I could use a reveal right now. If a character from JLD appeared, give me Etrigan. I mean, would take Constantine as well.

I'm just wondering when my boy Swamp Thing is going to appear!
I feel like Constantine may be a safer bet than we initially thought thanks to said JLD movie. But given the recency of JLD's new director get, any JLD representation may be saved for DLC.

That said, if anyone, Constantine & Zatanna have the best shot of anyone from that team.

Ryce

With the Justice League Dark movie moving forward as Dark Universe, Zatanna's chances of returning have increased.
I don't know if that's true. Boon is against reusing DLC, so Zatanna's only shot is on the disc, and I'm sure the disc roster was finalized sometime last year.

J-Tier

NYCC is so far away :(

In regards to JLD inclusions...

Yeah, I'm hoping for Constantine, I think his chances are much higher than Zatana's return. Mainly because he played a role in the Injustice comics, and has recently been in the limelight, leading JLD in the animated movie and DCEU movie.

Etrigan would be badass too. As a rhyming demon, he'll be a very fun character.

Swamp Thing is probably a shoe-in.

Deadman would be really cool, but would be difficult to figure out how he could work.

Khezu

Etrigan has no chance in hell, but fuck if he wouldn't be awesome.

Maybe DLC as the out of left field character.

Lacix

Interview with some new moves/dialogs for Batman, Deadshot, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NlBc-4noBw
UBeyOTm.jpg

I wonder if Bizarro could get in as an alt for Superman.

Obviously Bizarro doesn't really stand a chance as a character, but he'd fit nicely as one of those alt character costumes they have talked about.

Wikipedia says Bizarro is dead in the Injustice universe. But that shouldn't matter for an alt costume.

J-Tier

I wonder if Bizarro could get in as an alt for Superman.

Obviously Bizarro doesn't really stand a chance as a character, but he'd fit nicely as one of those alt character costumes they have talked about.

Wikipedia says Bizarro is dead in the Injustice universe. But that shouldn't matter for an alt costume.
Would be a lukewarm compromise for me.

I personally prefer that he'd be playable because his powers are inversed, so he'd be pretty different from Supes.

Would've been great to have a bumbling, clumsy powerhouse on the roster (though Grundy kinda fills that niche).

However, if that's the only way he'll ever get in, the more the merrier.

Black Adam
Shazam
Green Lantern

so long as these make it I'm happy

I'd love to see Shade but I fear he might be too obscure. They could do some awesome stuff with his powers.

Would be a lukewarm compromise for me.

I personally prefer that he'd be playable because his powers are inversed, so he'd be pretty different from Supes.

Would've been great to have a bumbling, clumsy powerhouse on the roster (though Grundy kinda fills that niche).

However, if that's the only way he'll ever get in, the more the merrier.

Superman in general needs way more representation. Injustice had three Superman characters, one was DLC promotion for a movie (Zod), the other two were Superman and Lex, who are basically "default" Superman roster additions.

Supergirl is nice, but I'd like to see more from Superman's villains.

Brainiac and Darkseid would be nice additions, although I guess the latter doesn't really do anything that any other big burly monster thing couldn't do.

Or they could have some fun and add Krypto.

Ashtar

I desperately need Darkseid! I've wanted him to be in this game since the OG injustice, where he was only a stage transition, he's just so cool, Micheal Ironside would be ideal but Andre Bauer had a great turn in that one animated flick forget the name of it

J-Tier

Superman in general needs way more representation. Injustice had three Superman characters, one was DLC promotion for a movie (Zod), the other two were Superman and Lex, who are basically "default" Superman roster additions.

Supergirl is nice, but I'd like to see more from Superman's villains.

Brainiac and Darkseid would be nice additions, although I guess the latter doesn't really do anything that any other big burly monster thing couldn't do.

Or they could have some fun and add Krypto.
Krypto would be one of the best (I'm sure Boon disconfirmed his inclusion though). Ever since Ammy was added to MVC3, I've been wanting another quadruped in another fighting game.

As for other Superman villains...

Metallo would be visually striking and cool. Particularly with his skeletal frame, and the green glow. A tad edgy, but nothing wrong with that :)

Toyman would be really neat too, with toy soldiers, water guns, teddy bear bombs, etc.

Mr. Mxyzptlk ... would be the shit.

Parasite could be really solid, I suppose he would be able to steal traits or something...and does more damage, the more he's in contact with his opponent.

Of course, the ones I want most are Braniac and Darkseid.

Edit: after thinking about it, we also have Smash Bros, Pokken and Jojo's which all include at least one quadruped. However, I'd like to see NRS try and do an non-bipedal character in general. Like Starro. That would be badass (plays a sad song for the MOBA that had him as a playable character).

Compbros

Darkseid isn't a Superman villain.

New Supes villains I'd like to see: Brainiac, Livewire, Mr. Mxyzptlk. Maybe Toyman as he could be a Freddy Kruger like character. Everyone else I'd rather see someone else over them.

Wtf

Is that her ingame model ???!!

What happened to the game ? She looks great.

I can't believe the game that has Ray liota as supes and fartfacewoman managed to model something that good.....

I believe NRS are now scanning faces for the characters. Wonder Woman looked not so great in her Injustice 2 reveal trailer but in the latest Harley Quinn trailer, she looked considerably better so they aren't just sticking with what they have, making the characters look good is now a genuine priority ( and it should be considering a big selling point for the game is the customization that comes with the Gear system)

The faces in MKX were pretty good too. NRS has finally stepped up their game in the faces department, it seems.

Slaythe

I believe NRS are now scanning faces for the characters. Wonder Woman looked not so great in her Injustice 2 reveal trailer but in the latest Harley Quinn trailer, she looked considerably better so they aren't just sticking with what they have, making the characters look good is now a genuine priority ( and it should be considering a big selling point for the game is the customization that comes with the Gear system)

The faces in MKX were pretty good too. NRS has finally stepped up their game in the faces department, it seems.

I get that, but Harley Quinn looks perfect.

Leagues beyond any face I've seen that they made besides maybe blue beetle ( looks like a dork but a realistic one ) .

Like even super girl looks like shit by comparison.

evangd007

As much as I'd like Starfire in the game, after seeing them screw up Raven's model in the first game so much I fear what she'd look like.

Neoxon

Wtf

Is that her ingame model ???!!

What happened to the game ? She looks great.

I can't believe the game that has Ray liota as supes and fartfacewoman managed to model something that good.....
NRS is finally stepping up their game in the face department.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I don't see why not. Fairly popular Batman character who's still around story-wise.

You could say the same of Bane but you'd better believe that boy is gonna get his ass cut.

I don't know. With so many new fighters coming in for the sequel, I'm scared NR won't deem Selina popular enough to keep around.

J-Tier

I doubt they'll get rid of Catwoman, there's no major or important character in the current comics/movie/tv runs that has a similar enough moveset to warrant her exclusion. Bane I can see as he was kind of a flavor-of-the year character with the third Batman Movie, but Selina is a key Batfamily character.

Only Cheetah and Vixen could have relatively similar movesets, but even then, they could be wildly different if they were to be done right (esp. Vixen).

I also see Nightwing returning.

Khezu

I doubt we will see Vixen.

And god I hope Nightwing stays out.

Cheetah would be interesting though, we do need WW villains.

AdaWong

I'm like 99% sure Catwoman is getting cut in favor of Cheetah.

More WW representation and "new" character.

It's insane how Harley Quinn debuted fairly recently and has already overtaken so many Batman characters in popularity.

Drayco21

I wouldn't be surprised if Wonder Woman doesn't have any villains in the game, upcoming movie or not; her roster of villains has always been terrible. Maybe whoever the movie villain shows up as DLC like Zod did.

I'd love to see Catwoman get cut, because I want more random deep cut DC characters and less Bat-Family, but Selina is one of the most iconic comic book characters of all time- she'll probably make the roster.

I found Ares to be a pretty boring character tbh. I wish they'd go for some other viliain from Wonder Woman. I'm not that familiar with her Villains but there has to be someone good?

I found Ares to be a pretty boring character tbh. I wish they'd go for some other viliain from Wonder Woman. I'm not that familiar with her Villains but there has to be someone good?

Most recognizable would probably be Cheetah.

Which, it would be funny if Catwoman was replaced with Cheetah.

J-Tier

The only WW villains worth entertaining imo are Ares, Cheetah, Dr. Psycho, and Circe.

Even then, only half of them have a chance-- being Ares as a possibly returnee or Cheetah because she's the most well known and made an appearance in the Injustice comic.

Top Bottom