• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Compbros

The only WW villains worth entertaining imo are Ares, Cheetah, Dr. Psycho, and Circe.

Even then, only half of them have a chance-- being Ares as a possibly returnee or Cheetah because she's the most well known and made an appearance in the Injustice comic.

Big Barda I'd throw in especially if there's some Darkseid presence. That said I only want Circe.

J-Tier

Big Barda I'd throw in especially if there's some Darkseid presence. That said I only want Circe.
Speaking of the New Gods, Mr. Miracle would be neat. Not sure what he'd do though lol, but the ability to escape from anything sounds like it has potential.

Compbros

With Mirror Master rumored to be the big bad for Flash season 3 I wouldn't be surprised and would be ridiculously pleased to see him as a character. Him or Weather Wizard would be amazing though I already have the best DC villain in the game (Captain Cold).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I can't believe that I didn't even saw this thread before but at least it's not too late for me to take a part of it.

Personally, I'm totally okay with anyone being in the game, at long they are fun to play with.
However I would like to see more characters from Arrowverse become playable characters since I binged through first three years recently.

I would like to give a shout-out to IntelliHeath who created the SFV Roster Discussion Thread, and i pretty much just stole the layout for the thread and pictures lol.

Thanks for the shout-out! :D

J-Tier

With Mirror Master rumored to be the big bad for Flash season 3 I wouldn't be surprised and would be ridiculously pleased to see him as a character. Him or Weather Wizard would be amazing though I already have the best DC villain in the game (Captain Cold).
I forgot how much I wanted Mirror Master for the first Injustice. He'd be awesome!

I can't believe that I didn't even saw this thread before but at least it's not too late for me to take a part of it.

Personally, I'm totally okay with anyone being in the game, at long they are fun to play with.
However I would like to see more characters from Arrowverse become playable characters since I binged through first three years recently.

Thanks for the shout-out! :D

Heya Heath! Maybe we'll get some more consistent discussion now :D

Some Nobody

Watch the 4th season and that desire will pass lol.

I'm trying to think of what two characters would be next but honestly I couldn't imagine--last two were villains so obviously this time some heroes? Maybe we'll get to see which GL they're using?

Ryce

I'm definitely anticipating The Flash and Captain Cold at NYCC. Season three of the TV show premieres a few days before the event.

J-Tier

I'm trying to think of what two characters would be next but honestly I couldn't imagine--last two were villains so obviously this time some heroes? Maybe we'll get to see which GL they're using?
The fourth season was okay when I marathoned it. All of the filler drama was driving me nuts though, I can't imagine how obnoxious it must have been for those who watched it air weekly.

In terms of Arrowverse characters...Black Canary is probably the only other character I would like to see.

Oh, and Ra's al Ghul...even though he's a Bats character.

"NetherRealm addresses concern around Injustice 2's new Gear System" - Eurogamer

"We're creating modes where it's an even playing field and you can gear up for aesthetic reasons but your character stats are on an even plane. We also have modes where gear actually impacts your strength, which is a whole new level of strategy.

Check out the rest of the article, but I kinda like that the loot system fundamentally changes the gameplay but we still have the option to disable it.

J-Tier

"NetherRealm addresses concern around Injustice 2's new Gear System" - Eurogamer

Check out the rest of the article, but I kinda like that the loot system fundamentally changes the gameplay but we still have the option to disable it.
I think there was little doubt that this would be the case, however, glad it's confirmed.

I've slowly warmed up to the idea of gears. Hopefully, they can stI'll manage to accommodate alt characters somehow, would be really cool i.e. to swap out Hal for John and still be able to equip all of Hal's gear on John and vice-versa.

delSai

I'm definitely anticipating The Flash and Captain Cold at NYCC. Season three of the TV show premieres a few days before the event.

Seems like a good guess. Want to see what kind of gear Flash has.

I've slowly warmed up to the idea of gears. Hopefully, they can stI'll manage to accommodate alt characters somehow, would be really cool i.e. to swap out Hal for John and still be able to equip all of Hal's gear on John and vice-versa.

Being able to choose John instead of Hal or even a Yellow instead of Green Lantern was so cool. I want lots of that. Powergirl is a good start. And yeah, being able to put gear on the "cameo characters" would be nice.

J-Tier

So apparently the final issue of the comic leaves the fates of Batwoman and Batgirl unseen so they're probably showing up.
Mmm...more Batfamily.

However, I always enjoyed Kate both visually, and story wise. I just don't feel like she has anything fresh to offer moveset-wise, compared to other DC characters with ridiculous powers. Maybe she could be more brutal.

delSai

I dont follow comics that much so correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't Batwoman just Batman with Guns? Soo... kinda like Red Hood?

vg260

So the Tournament Mode can use the gear parts as alternate outfit pieces, good.

Yeah, but can you play that mode online? This quote makes me nervous:
"Online we're going to look at matchmaking so players are matched like-for-like, but it will be fundamentally unbalanced at that point.

I don't want to play online with gear affecting stats and powers like that. I really dislike those kind of inherently unbalanced modes. I hope their "tournament" mode option is available online and not just for local play.

Anybody catch injustice on the playstation access stream? I was trying to watch it on Youtube but the video keep shortening itself down from 7 hours to the last 4, and IJ was the second game on the schedule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTwbrPQUtKA
I saw it, there was really nothing new.

They showed 2 fights between Batman and Gorilla Grodd, and 2 fights between Superman and Atrocitus. Then they showed off the gear system then showed off that Harley Quinn/Deadshot trailer.

They didn't show anything new, they were just reiterating stuff we already knew. The interviewer did ask him about the story mode and the release date but it was all a typical PR answer of "We're doing an even better and cohesive story mode!" and the release date was just "2017", nothing more.

EDIT: Also when Batman and Gorilla Grodd have a clash, they say this.

"I can read your thoughts!" said Gorilla Grodd
"Then you know what's coming." said Batman

And when Atrocitus and Superman had a clash, they said this.

"You're just like me!" - Atrocitus
"I'm NOTHING like you!" - Superman

EDIT2: It's up now.

Neoxon

Yeah, but can you play that mode online? This quote makes me nervous:
"Online we're going to look at matchmaking so players are matched like-for-like, but it will be fundamentally unbalanced at that point.

I don't want to play online with gear affecting stats and powers like that. I really dislike those kind of inherently unbalanced modes. I hope their "tournament" mode option is available online and not just for local play.
I recall Ed mentioning at SDCC that there will be a leveled-playing-field mode for online, too.

delSai

Sooo... NY Comic Con starts in 3 days. Time to get hyped for the next reveal trailer!
Mostly hoping for a new stage. And i want to see how much more they've improved the characters.

NastyBook

tumblr_mljljj7yHF1qfr6udo1_400.gif

I want it, so bad.
If they can get Ron Perlman, fuck yeah, I'd take Clayface.

J-Tier

Clayface could be cool.

Other shapeshifters that could be just as cool for me:

Metamorpho
Platinum from the Metal Men
Plastic Man

Khezu

Wonder if we are getting a reveal or not. It's day 1 already and boon hasnt said anything about I2 in weeks. Is it even playable at the show floor?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Wonder if we are getting a reveal or not. It's day 1 already and boon hasnt said anything about I2 in weeks. Is it even playable at the show floor?

I sense we're getting a Flash reveal next, prehaps in conjunction with Captain Cold or someone else from his roster.

J-Tier

Yeah, looking through the panels, I didn't see anything for NetherRealm/Injustice, though I may have just missed it.

They did say that they will announce two characters at NYCC a while back...hopefully that remains true.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Yeah, looking through the panels, I didn't see anything for NetherRealm/Injustice, though I may have just missed it.

They did say that they will announce two characters at NYCC a while back...hopefully that remains true.

They'll probably just release a reveal trailer to YouTube to coincide with the event.

Compbros

Flash and Mirror Master would be hype beyond belief but it'll probably be Cold. Hell, maybe a double reveal with Arrow/Black Canary.

Flash and Mirror Master would be hype beyond belief but it'll probably be Cold. Hell, maybe a double reveal with Arrow/Black Canary.

I wouldnt mind if Captain Cold could use Mirror Master's and Heat Wave's guns, with some gear to reflect their and other Rogues' costumes. They could have been killed by Superman's regime, so Snart uses their weapons in their memory.

J-Tier

I wouldnt mind if Captain Cold could use Mirror Master's and Heat Wave's guns, with some gear to reflect their and other Rogues' costumes. They could have been killed by Superman's regime, so Snart uses their weapons in their memory.
My thoughts on this...

Every member of the Rogues has too much potential to make use of their abilities that way, that includes Captain Cold, who has a wealth of potential with his Cold Gun. I'd rather them be full characters (however unlikely that we'll get any more than Cold), but giving their abilities to Cold weakens his identity imo.

Now Mirror Master has so much potential that relegating him to a toggle/stance change or set of specials just doesn't seem good enough to me.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Now Mirror Master has so much potential that relegating him to a toggle/stance change or set of specials just doesn't seem good enough to me.

I'm not overly familiar with Mirror Master so forgive me if I'm mistaken, but doesn't Mirror Masters abilities purely...you know, revolve around mirros? That would have to make him a much more limited character in regards to what he could pull off in the game in comparison to other characters.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Did anyone confirm that we are going to get a new reveal(s) this weekend? Just wonder because I found it strange if we are not going to get any reveal this weekend because ti's a freaking Comic Con.

Well, I actually enjoy the show so far. I'm on 3rd episodes of Arrow S4 and Flash S2. And I'm done with Supergirl Season 1.

Top Bottom