• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inktober 2017 |OT| Digital Artists Welcome

Crooked, from last night.
RsDXwV1.png

Dang, I fell behind quite a bit! I finally have a day off so I'm playing catch up.

Here are the next 4 entries. I'll try and get the others tonight/tomorrow.

4. Cyclops -Dragon Quest
5. Bomb- Final Fantasy
6. Jargon- Dragon Quest
7. Ochu - Final Fantasy

Great work everyone! So cool seeing the thread being bumped regularly.

Platy

Week One

8 day said:

P445BqE.png

Sorry for the shit fanfiction level of name but most of my comic is made up on the spot, I only have like a very basic plot description =P

At least the timeline placement video from GameXplain will be shorter... or will it ?

Blizzard

Banned
Here are some warmup / exercise drawings before entry 10, freehand copying famous things. Please let me know if I should link rather than embedding.

*edit* I started getting weirdly confident in my lines somewhere around Yosemite Sam. Even though I knew some of the proportions and placement weren't being copied perfectly, it was almost easy to draw the lines. Neat feeling.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I kind of wanted to take it easy today due to other work, but I knew that since Im drawing things chronologically I needed a bit of an establishing shot here, oh well.

DLwOGvzVAAACy9W.jpg

Left some of my sketch lines in this time around, happy with this one. Now onto other work, sigh lol

Blizzard

Banned
Taking Raging Spaniard's suggestions, I tried to just have fun with something and not overthink it, but also not have a strict time limit. Unfortunately this meant I spent an hour messing around with it, and I need to go back to shorter time periods so I can actually do art the rest of the month. :p

Entry for 10/10/2017, skull wearing a hat. About an hour.

Sketch:
2017_10_10_sketchldq5o.png

Inked:
2017_10_106hqhc.png

Day 9: "Seek an opponent who is your equal. Only then can you improve."

I usually try my best to make my art as clean as possible so I wanted to do like I did on the first day and post just the rough sketch. Hope it looks ok.

Edit: You're improving, Blizzard! Keep it up!

Day 9 - "Tooth"

........ Probably should have gone with 'tooth fairy' instead, now that I've thought about it. But the first thing that came to mind when I got the prompt was.... Lets make a bed out of a hollowed out dragon tooth. So there it is.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Taking a hiatus until Friday. A new project came up that must be done by Friday and its going to take up all my free time.

Its a pretty cool one though, hopefully I can share before the end of the month.

Blizzard

Banned
Thanks for the encouragement, those who posted! Good luck on your project Spaniard.

My drawing/inking career came to a sad end, since I felt like I'd drawn pretty much any objects with interesting shapes in my apartment. I've drawn everything, don't have motivation, it's all over.

I figured I'd make myself do something anyway though, so I picked up something simple. LEGO robot, nothing complicated about that, I figured. And then it took like 90 minutes and that was with rushing near the end. Art is the worst, it turns out! You just keep discovering new problems with it, and it takes so much time. :p I MUST remember to set a timer tomorrow and submit something simple and more abstract instead of attempting detail.

Entry for 10/11/2017, LEGO robot. About 90 minutes.

Sketch:
2017_10_11_sketch8bubu.png

Inked:
2017_10_11s8uou.png

Don't look at the arm. Don't look at the arm.

Amalthea

Banned
_20171011_110514f9aq9.jpg

Day 11: My old (as in age, not former) male cat. He is a real Casanova, the cuddliest and most sociable cat you'll ever meet.

Have to skip Day 10 since something came up for me irl and it was a lot to deal with. I got halfway done though so I guess it’ll be my Day 11 drawing.

Karakato_001

Neo Member

Haven't posted the past sketches but I'll start with this one. This was day 8, Geebo, the Handheld.

In an alternate universe where e sports have taken a different turn, all the gaming consoles and handhelds we know are Miniature battle robots in that universe. These robots are known as Handhelds. Here is GeeBo, the first in line of the mass produced G series of Handhelds Manufactured by Nin10 entertainment corp. Despite being one of the weaker Handhelds, it makes up for it by having good endurance (Battery life is akin to HP) and a wide variety of weapons (Game Carts are weapons). Think of this universe like Medabots or Gundam Build fighters but gaming related.

Platy

Week One

8 day said:

9 said:

10 said:
8Y0TaZG.png

"Legend tells that every 100 years an evil appears and a hero is reborn to fight him"

[100 years later]
QCZRYFB.png

"And SHE was stronger than Nabooru!"

J6N4ypx.png

kwJruVR.png
NzHncH8.png

"Ok, the book said "boy in green" and the only gerudo in it is a villain, but I am trying to make you sleep, Link...."

This one was a very hard one because I tryed to make it with less words as possible because of the divided language of the reader but .. meh, those intros are always so full of words anyway =P

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like this is my worst one yet. It's a weird feeling to think I'm getting WORSE.

Entry for 10/12/2017, ukulele. About 35 minutes.

Post-mortem, trying to consider without overthinking:
  • Unlike most things I've drawn that can sit on my desk, this was sitting on the floor to my right. It was really challenging for me to draw something that was slanted while also looking down and to the right compared to my drawing surface. I realized after I had sketched the whole thing that my sketched version wasn't exactly the same orientation as the real one, but I just tried to make things internally consistent and ink from there. I ran over my 30 minutes goal by a bit (I'm not aiming for speed for artistic reasons, but for scheduling reasons).
  • I did mess with pen settings part of the way through, but for whatever reason I feel like my lines were much more jagged and wavery than usual. Maybe I should have done a warmup first. Doing long straight parallel lines was also very tough.

Top Bottom