• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac gets a new logo

Boo. Fuck minimalism. Old logo was fucking great.

Insomniac.png

This is, and always was, shockingly ugly.

proto

As a logo, the new one is a bit more functional.

Logos are supposed to be flexible since they're literally on every piece of company document, they get blown up on billboards, shrinked down on letter paper, they get printed in black and white.

The new logo is simple and clean, which makes it more flexible. That being I still like the old one a lot more. It matches the tone of Insomniac's games so well.

Prefer the old one, it looked like a proper 90's game studio logo. I get that the new one is sleek, modern, trendy etc. but it looks so boring and just blends into every other logo out there. The old logo may have been old and cheesy but at least it had character.

And the 'N' looks like shit.

so many of our generation grew up in the era of maximalist 90s design ("digital design software lets us do everything, so let's do everything!") that it's been totally normalized so when they see a properly designed logo it looks "boring" (god forbid!) to them.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
That sure is one bland, unrecognizable modern logo. Congratulations at making sure your logo blends in with every other unnecessary redesign that only serves to make your company stand out less.

HyGogg

Banned
Don't like the logo. But I do like how Insomniac have changed course lately. Almost reminds me of Double Fine's pivot after Brutal Legend.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Not bad, but definitely less personality than the old one. Guess they don't want to be associated with quirky mascot platformers and such anymore, now that they're making more "serious" (sort of) stuff like Spidey.

Carmelozi

The negative space in the O makes the letter look 3D, which is a neat effect, but it throws off all the spacing between the other letters, and now I can't unsee it.

Noooo, why u do that? :(
I like simple things but it's way too flat for me. While I understand why they must update and improve their identities considering the age of the old logo, imho they didn't needed to move away too far.

Big Nikus

I don't get it, two individuals on a gaming forum express their own opinions about something, and aren't agreeable?

I've never understood this meme. Is pointing out the obvious nature of online discourse the joke?

What's so hard to get. It's just funny to see opposite reactions right after the other.

TheJoRu

I think it's pretty good. The O with the crescent moons becomes more clever the longer you think about it.

I don't get it, two individuals on a gaming forum express their own opinions about something, and aren't agreeable?

I've never understood this meme. Is pointing out the obvious nature of online discourse the joke?

It's usually used when the total polar opposite opinions are presented, preferably right after each other.

It's the obvious nature of online discourse, yes, but it's still quite funny to point out. It has nothing to do with "NeoGAF" itself though, of course.

It's 2017. Soon people born after the 90s are going to be adults. There's no reason to bet on nostalgia for that era's design. Just like you don't design your characters in neon windbreakers and baggy jeans.

Zomba13

Old one looks nice for like, a cartoon logo, or a company that makes cartoons, new one looks nice while still keeping the moon O (except two crescent moons instead of a full).

I like it. It's a nice modernization. Yeah, it doesn't have the "charm" of the old one but it still looks nice.

mortal

Gold Member
I think it's pretty good. The O with the crescent moons becomes more clever the longer you think about it.

It's usually used when the total polar opposite opinions are presented, preferably right after each other.

It's the obvious nature of online discourse, yes, but it's still quite funny to point out. It has nothing to do with "NeoGAF" itself though, of course.

Ah ok, got it.

I know it's typically uncool to explain the joke.

Top Bottom