• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Leak: Another PlayStation Studio Could Be Closing In The Future

Varteras

Gold Member
Sony wants to start making more profit. Cheeks are gonna get clapped and things are gonna have to change. With their revenue they should be shooting for at least $20 billion annual earnings. So, Totoki either finds a genius way to convince every employee to suck dick off the clock and hand all the money over, or he's gonna have to make big changes to Sony's spending habits.

Yeah but most of those GAAS pillars are built on sand. I wouldn't say that this specific instance of diversification is stable or safe.

I actually think they've been wise (outside of ND).

Gran Turismo is doing really well and when that gets a PC port that'll be a strong service game.

MLB continues to make a lot of money.

HellDivers wasn't expensive to make.

I've heard nothing but good things about Concord.

Partnering with NCsoft for the Horizon MMO is a solid decision.

Their mobile initiative has a few games on the go.

All of those will eventually be tied together by PS+ across platforms.

Varteras

Gold Member
I've heard nothing but good things about Concord.

Are you... ya know... one of them industry peeps?

leonardo-dicaprio-inception-1201978.jpg

Varteras

Gold Member
No. Not at all. I've just been around a long time and I've picked up contacts along the way. No not a 'Uncle at Nintendo' situation, but just friendly with some people who know things.

You're sleeping with Jim's wife then. Got it! Say no more. This man has been vetted.

DavJay

Stopping running these high end specs. The PS6 should use PS2 level hardware and develop games again. That way we get AAA games every year or two.

Perrott

Gold Member
Hopefully Media Molecule or the London Studio.

Those two devs have been shitting the bed for way over a decade now and haven't faced the same consequences that the Japan Studio had.

Top Bottom