• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intermittent fasting: is there anybody out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so it's been about... 35/37 days since I started IF. I'm down about 8 pounds (woohoo) and all sugar cravings are gone. If this rate keeps up, I think I'll be under 200 by the end of the year (assuming my vacation doesn't fuck stuff up).

Oh wow I didn't know there was a thread I'm doing this 10 days now but let me post something that's being from the other thread plz

-----------

Okay GAF I'm gonna try find a different weighing scales because this looks too good to be true and doesn't add up also a little inaccurate at the start

Basically I was 10.10 1/4 st last week which is 150 lbs
Body fat was 27.7
BMI was 30

I know to not trust weighing scales in them things too much

But when I first stepped on it got a heavier weight then the 2nd time I stepped on it it gave me 10.5 which was super good but at least somewhat believable for my first weeks workout

But after that every time I stepped on it I got the exact same weight no matter how I stood on it or where it was placed which was 10.3 1/4

I kept stepping in it over the hour and got the exact same weight

But here the part that doesn't make sense
It Says my Body fat only dropped to 27.6
But my BMI dropped a whole unit.29

Highly doubt I lost muscle since my diet has being healthy as ever and done a lot of excercise almost daily

I understand first week is common to lose more than the following weeks but 7 lbs is a little much

I shouldn't trust that right?

Edit: I think I got why
I think it's due to a lot of water retention I lost, which is a buzzkill as knowing I only lost .1% fat for the difference I did all week is disheartening

Ah well I see what it says next week

Also I am not on any diet I've just cut bad shit and ate healthier

Damn. Ok - looks like it's black coffee with Splenda from now on. I'm hoping these candy flavored allegedly sugar free gums are still allowed...

Doubtful. In fact they will make them worse because a lot of artificial sweeteners spike blood sugars and cause hunger/cravings when you inevitably rebound. The safest ones are stevia (make sure it isn't cut with any form of maltodextrin/dextrose if it's the powder kind) erythritol or xylitol (this one will most likely give you the runs) These have little to no impact on blood sugar.

The main thing is to keep your electrolytes up or else you will feel sluggish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom