• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International GAF: How to buy from US/UK Xbox One Game Store

erale

Does anyone know if other microsoft stores also offer credits? Like Hungary or India?

Edit: Looked it up, they both don't :/

Also looking for a cheap Battlefield Hardline? I also checked after they raised the price for Hardline in the Russian store.

There are a lot of onlineshops that offer forint xbox codes, but I don't think they'll deliver the codes via email. But to be honest I don't speak Hungarian so it's based on google translate...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Got Ori And The Blind Forest for £7 along with both Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and Murdered: Soul Suspect for £6 each from Russia.

I'll just try out Battlefield: Hardline tomorrow through EA Access since I really doubt I'll buy for multiplayer this time.

jorkila

Got Ori And The Blind Forest for £7 along with both Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition and Murdered: Soul Suspect for £6 each from Russia.

I'll just try out Battlefield: Hardline tomorrow through EA Access since I really doubt I'll buy for multiplayer this time.

Any chance you could do an idiots guide on buying from the Russian store please?

erale

Any chance you could do an idiots guide on buying from the Russian store please?

I did it that way: I used Chrome so that it can auto-translate the russian pages. Went to the russian store at microsoftstore.com bought some gift cards, went to checkout. Logged in with my MS-Account, added my credit card and an russian adress and phone number. Bought the cards, then you'll get a summary with the actual codes plus a mail with the codes.

Next I went to xbox.com, switched to the Russian region at the bottom of the page. The logged in and went to activate codes or whatever it's named. Entered the codes, then went to store.xbox.com and bought the game I want with my stored currency.

You might have to set your console to the Russian region under system and reboot to actually start the download.

erale

Well compared to the euro prices it's still way cheaper. Not always the cheapest though. But yeah if looking at euro conversion rates the prices went up a little in the last 1-2 weeks

Guerrilla

Also looking for a cheap Battlefield Hardline? I also checked after they raised the price for Hardline in the Russian store.

There are a lot of onlineshops that offer forint xbox codes, but I don't think they'll deliver the codes via email. But to be honest I don't speak Hungarian so it's based on google translate...

Yep. ;) the trailer kinda got me excited

How does one acquire Brazilian Xbox Live credit if they were so inclined? I don't mind sticking with the Russian store for now but for future reference

erale

How does one acquire Brazilian Xbox Live credit if they were so inclined? I don't mind sticking with the Russian store for now but for future reference

The same as with the Russian credit: buy it on the official Brasilian microsoftstore.com shop as they seem to offer the currency cards there.

moai

pieface

I have a feeling it's only going to be a matter of time before MS plugs the holes that allows you to buy from another region. They already put the clamps on Australians http://mmgn.com/xboxone/news--microsoft-cracks-down-on-australians-buying-f

I have a feeling UK and other countries will want to get their taxes from these transactions. Not trying to be a party pooper, just wanting to give people heads up. :)

I think it would be a bit stupid if they completely stopped it.

I just bought BF: Hardline and i'm tempted to buy GTA 'cos the price is good. There's no way I'd pay retail for either game.

I've bought other games like Dying Light and Sunset Overdrive which are games I'd never buy usuallly. Ultimately, they are making money from me which they won't get if they completely stop region purchasing.

Does anyone know an online store selling $5 Xbox codes? My son wants to buy Lego Marvel, Amazons cheapest is $10, but I don't want a random $5 left in my account.

Unless anyone knows of any decent Xbox One downloadable games going for $5 :)

Does anyone know an online store selling $5 Xbox codes? My son wants to buy Lego Marvel, Amazons cheapest is $10, but I don't want a random $5 left in my account.

Unless anyone knows of any decent Xbox One downloadable games going for $5 :)

I'm using coinbase to add cash to my MS account via Bitcoin.
IIRC there is a 5$ option. I'll update, checking it out now.

edit: nope 10$ is smallest amount

The same as with the Russian credit: buy it on the official Brasilian microsoftstore.com shop as they seem to offer the currency cards there.

Im a bit late in replying to this but I've noticed the Brazilian store doesn't sell the credit? Unless I've missed it but I have looked in box 360 and Xbox One sections and can't find it? I found another site selling them but it looked kind of dodgy and they according to the currency converter they were selling them at double the price they should have (thus not saving me any money)

Any ideas?

Im a bit late in replying to this but I've noticed the Brazilian store doesn't sell the credit? Unless I've missed it but I have looked in box 360 and Xbox One sections and can't find it? I found another site selling them but it looked kind of dodgy and they according to the currency converter they were selling them at double the price they should have (thus not saving me any money)

Any ideas?

I assume they don't have Bitcoin (just like the German store)?
Anyways, say you buy the card. To which account do you upload the funds?
I have a DE and US account on the commerce.microsoft.com website and can only add € cards to my DE and $ cards and bitcoin to my US account.
I was happy with the US store prices, but now 1€ = 1,08$ so now I'm really interested in using Russia, Brazil etc.

PaulLFC

Quick question - how does doing this handle existing credit? I have some UK credit in GBP from converted MSP, but the US Lego Marvel price is much better.

If I switch to the US, add some $ credit from Amazon and buy it, will I still have my remaining GBP credit when I switch back to UK? Or will that credit be converted to dollars as part of the switch that I could use without buying credit from Amazon?

Basically I just want to make sure changing region to the US won't cause me to lose the existing account credit I have in GBP.

malcher

Credit is not converted between regions and is not lost when buying from other region on Xbox One. Here: https://commerce.microsoft.com you will see that credit for each region is held in a separate sub-account.
I think the only way you would lose credit is when you actually change the region of the Live account (something that is not needed for this method as we only change region of the console or website).

Phiiiiil

Neo Member
Quick question - how does doing this handle existing credit? I have some UK credit in GBP from converted MSP, but the US Lego Marvel price is much better.

If I switch to the US, add some $ credit from Amazon and buy it, will I still have my remaining GBP credit when I switch back to UK? Or will that credit be converted to dollars as part of the switch that I could use without buying credit from Amazon?

Basically I just want to make sure changing region to the US won't cause me to lose the existing account credit I have in GBP.

When you change the store you are using, credit will display from that store. So I have $12 when in on the American store, 450 rubles in the Russian store and £2 in the uk store.

Each of these amounts stays where it is as you switch. You can however, only use the credit associated with that store. (So if I wanted to purchase from the American store, I could use the $12 but not the other amounts)

Hope that makes sense

PaulLFC

When you change the store you are using, credit will display from that store. So I have $12 when in on the American store, 450 rubles in the Russian store and £2 in the uk store.

Each of these amounts stays where it is as you switch. You can however, only use the credit associated with that store. (So if I wanted to purchase from the American store, I could use the $12 but not the other amounts)

Hope that makes sense
Ah I see, thanks! That makes sense, so I can keep my UK credit for when we have a good price on something over here, and just buy some US credit to use for Lego Marvel and anything else. Basically like how the Playstation store handles it but without needing two accounts.

Cheers :)

bidguy

Banned
couldnt get any other marketplace to work but i just bought mortal kombat x from amazon.com as a game code and it went through clean on my console

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone had luck with India or know where to get point codes to redeem? Been alright really using Russia but The Witcher 3 + Expansion costs basically the same as UK.

Canada is the second cheapest at about £10 more. Works out roughly £31 at India.

Guerrilla

Yeah would also be interested in what methods the easiest to get Indian Points, as Witcher 3 is stupidly cheap (£28)

I really think there is no way currently :/ russia and hungary work with credit card for me but india doesn't, and I haven't seen any place that sells indian credit. Witcher 3+ the expansion stuff is mocking me with it's price at digitalgameprices.com right now...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Don't suppose anyone knows if the Microsoft store for Brazil emails Xbox live codes or just delivered?

So, any way to purchase the work and play bundle outside of the US?

I tried online but it doesn't get through with the checkout...

Also, is it mail delivered?

besiktas1

Sorry for keep bumping this thread. Just wanted final word.

What is the best option we have at the moment for the cheapest games?

How do we get the games?

Guerrilla

Sorry for keep bumping this thread. Just wanted final word.

What is the best option we have at the moment for the cheapest games?

How do we get the games?

Russian and hungarian stores work with credit cards. Russia sucks atm so hungary it is. For us and hk you can vuy giftcards. The ines for hk have a markup though :/. Thats basically it right now...

Oh and always check digitalgamesprices.com of course...

besiktas1

Russian and hungarian stores work with credit cards. Russia sucks atm so hungary it is. For us and hk you can vuy giftcards. The ines for hk have a markup though :/. Thats basically it right now...

Cheers, will use hungarian store... Those indian and brazilian prices though :(

edit: is there no way to get a prepaid master card or something from brazil??
http://www.cashpassport.com/1/en/uk/Buying-Your-Card1/

Like something like this work. Load it with Brazilian $ and benefit. Anyone tried it?

Lettuce

So looks like the Microsoft Hong Store now has gift card points but it Appears the only way to pay for them is via PayPal and a HK PayPal account at that, is it even possible to setup a PayPal account outside of the country you live in?

dragn

ty for the info, just got ea access for 19€ from hungary with german cc :3

besiktas1

So looks like the Microsoft Hong Store now has gift card points but it Appears the only way to pay for them is via PayPal and a HK PayPal account at that, is it even possible to setup a PayPal account outside of the country you live in?
HK and UK are cousins right? Surely we can add a UK paypal?

VaelinAlSorna

Neo Member
Looks like they just increased the prices on all those markets drastically (especially in Brazil).

Just checked prices (for E3 preorders) and they are all insanely high. Globally cheapest price is like 50€ now (compared to like 25€ in Brazil before).

Also there is not an "uber" country anymore where it's always the cheapest (like Brazil before). Now it basically switches between Canada, Hong Kong and India.

Good thing I didn't stock up on those Brazilian gift cards yet lol

Top Bottom