• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Internet Channel on Wii now free, Flash updated (refunds if you paid)

squinters

astigmatic
First the PS3 and now this. Updates are making my week.

What else can be updated? I got it, TF2 soldier update. Come on Valve, everybody's doing it.

Scrubking

squinters said:
What else can be updated?

I'd like the Nintendo channel to be updated to the Japanese version. I'd also like to get FREE comics and TV like Japan does. Nintendo hates America though.

Kibbles

How exactly do you update the flash? I just downloaded the internet channel and youtube videos run like a cellphone video camera. Do you have to perform a normal System Update?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Andrex said:
Opera+Presto >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Netfront

Sure, but I'm on Firmware 3.2 or whatever the fuck before Nintendo started to mess with the Homebrew Channel. I can't be assed to follow the firmwares and go through Nintendo's minefield.

I can't really give a damn about free Opera. It's nice, but then again I can use Opera on my PC so this isn't really a "gift" other than the fact that Nintendo has no made it free three years after the console launched. :|

Stitch

Gold Member
they need to update the weather channel. i can't choose my city and the weather get's updated like... 2 times a day or somethin like that

TheSeks said:
other than the fact that Nintendo has no made it free three years after the console launched. :|
well it was also free when the console launched

also updating to a newer firmware and still have access to homebrew is really easy

OK again how do I get my 500 points? I paid for INTERNET channel :(
I deleted my old channel and downloaded new one. still don't see 500 points in account. does any body has same problem?

Scrubking

crazy monkey said:
I deleted my old channel and downloaded new one. still don't see 500 points in account. does any body has same problem?

Starts at end of October.

crazy monkey said:

I may have misread it, but in the message I received from Nintendo (US btw) I'm pretty sure it said that those who paid for the channel would be able to get a free NES game (valued at 500 points) in October, not 500 free points. Again, I could be wrong.

edit: sorta beaten

DustoMan

Banned
Grand_Gamer said:
The Flash version of IC is really poor compared to desktop. :/

That's why it's called Flash Lite. It won't be as good as what's on your desktop. The Internet Channel isn't ment to replace a desktop browser experience. It's just a nice to have added feature. I'm glad Nintendo has come to their senses and stopped charging for it.

Tenbatsu

swerve said:
It makes no difference how old my Wii is or how long it's been connected. I have to connect 20 other people over the lifetime of this campaign (which is not 30 days, it's indefinite and includes anyone you helped since March when the 500 point campaign began).

There's nothing about connecting 20 people in the space of 30 days in the news release or the Iwata video.

rpmurphy said:
「手助けされた人」は、初めてWiiショッピングチャンネルに接続してから30日以内に「手助けした人」のWii番号を登録してください。また「手助けした人」 は、自身のWii番号が登録されてから30日以内に、相手のWii番号を登録してください。これらの登録期間を過ぎるとお互いにWiiポイントがもらえなくなり ます
Yeah its still within 30 days after connecting to Shop Channel.

wsippel

Banned
caligula13 said:
Flash 9 doesn't work for me.
Yeah, you can thank Adobe for that one. Flash Lite 3.1 != Flash 9. There simply is no Flash 9 or 10 for embedded systems, only Flash 7 and Flash Lite (which is pretty much Flash 8). I still have no bloody idea what Sony did to get Flash 9 support, but judging by the terrible performance, I'd almost believe it if someone told me that they use an x86 Flash 9 binary on QEMU or something.

swerve

Tenbatsu said:
Yeah its still within 30 days after connecting to Shop Channel.

For anyone who you help. But not for you.

When someone first connects, they register you within 30 days and you get a plus one. But this has no connection to how long you have to gather your 20 people.

As I said, Iwata makes it clear in the video that people who have been helped thus far are still included in your total.

Gwanatu T

Sweet. Not sure how much I'll use it, but having an updated flash player might make it nice to sit on the Big Comfy Couch© and play stupid Internet Flash games.

Top Bottom