• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Interview-GAF: Best answer to "why you are leaving your current job?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
thefit said:
That's how the working world works. Just part of the game.

Yeah it's fine if you're BSing to get a job, but man listening to that crap and reading self-stroking resumes day-in and day-out has got to be draining.

I guess that's why it's challenging to make yourself really stand out to an HR person.

legend166 said:
I hate the first one. When I was applying for jobs after Uni, I got it all the time. And my only real work experience was delivering Chinese food.

So one time, they asked something like "When have you used innovative methods to help your team bond together" or something stupid like that. Clearly I didn't have an answer relating to work, so I gave some crappy example from a sports team I played in. And the end of the question the woman just said, "Let's just keep it to work stuff, ok?"

I DIDN'T HAVE WORK STUFF YOU MORON WHY WOULD YOU ASK THAT QUESTION TO A 20 YEAR OLD WITH NO REAL PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE?!

p.s. I got the job.
In a lot of hiring environments it is required that all applicants are treated the same, including asking the same questions--regardless of whether they are personally applicable (or even if the applicant already essentially answered the question in a previous response).

Wads

Banned
samus i am said:
Looking to take on new opportunities and gain more knowledge.

Best answer, you could also reword it a bit and say you have learned everything you are going to learn and you don't want to be stagnant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom