• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming April 2016 | Fool's Gold

Looks pretty sweet! I have a weakness for vector type graphics.
It's from the developer of Hiversaires and Oquonie, and it's an space exploration/adventure game. The idea is that you're in a Glass Ship with panels and controls on all sides and you rotate around to manipulate sections as you travel through space, deal with hazards, etc.

That Pathfinder game looks like it was probably the top release for me although it doesn't run too hot on my ancient Android tablet. Nothing else was too special, but Cattch was fun for a while.

nampad

WTF you can't family share in-app purchases you have made? I mean the game unlock types of purchases. This is a huge disappointment and I feel cheated out of my ability to share games of titles which are set up in that kind of way.

I won't support any games which work in that way and any future games of such devs. Fuck Horizon Chase for being like that, I take back all my praise for the trial version of the game.

awp69

WTF you can't family share in-app purchases you have made? I mean the game unlock types of purchases. This is a huge disappointment and I feel cheated out of my ability to share games of titles which are set up in that kind of way.

I won't support any games which work in that way and any future games of such devs. Fuck Horizon Chase for being like that, I take back all my praise for the trial version of the game.

If they were purchased under the same iTunes account, IAPs (non-consumable) are usually fine on separate devices. Did you go to "restore purchases" in Horizon Chase?

nampad

If they were purchased under the same iTunes account, IAPs (non-consumable) are usually fine on separate devices. Did you go to "restore purchases" in Horizon Chase?

I want to Family Share it. I have set up an Apple Family with my Apple ID as the head of the family and my gf is part of it with her own Apple ID. We should be able to share apps either of us have purchased now with each other but in-app purchases are exempt from that.

So games that use unlocks pretty much circumvent the sharing. Sucks so much because Horizon Chase is actually a game my gf was interested in as a total non gamer.

awp69

Ah, never messed with Family Share (and didn't know how it worked).

----

On Egz, I was enjoying it at first but actually am liking it even more now that I see the differences between the Egz. Nice that there are ones that don't use the sling shot mechanic and fly, for instance.

Apple doesn't let IAP be included in Family Sharing:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203046

Bernbaum

New iPhone SE owner here and I'm after some must-have games that make the most of my new phone. I've come back to iPhone after a few years on Windows phone and android and have a few old classics on my iCloud account from my old iPhone 4 so I haven't played much on an iPhone since then. I have a first gen iPad retina but it's a bit dated now so I haven't been playing many recent iOS games.

What recommendations are there?

Pachimari

New iPhone SE owner here and I'm after some must-have games that make the most of my new phone. I've come back to iPhone after a few years on Windows phone and android and have a few old classics on my iCloud account from my old iPhone 4 so I haven't played much on an iPhone since then. I have a first gen iPad retina but it's a bit dated now so I haven't been playing many recent iOS games.

There a some very useful links to some great lists in the OP. :)

Any genres or types of games in particular to help narrow things down? There are like 15+ recommended games in each OP so there are a lot of possible recommendations

Edit: Some good games for phones:
- Card Crawl
- Sorcery series/80 Days
- Hoplite
- Open Bar
- A Dark Room
- Subterfuge
- Perfect Paths
- TouchTone
- The Sequence
- Hero Emblems
- Rop

Bernbaum

Any genres or types of games in particular to help narrow things down? There are like 15+ recommended games in each OP so there are a lot of possible recommendations
I like strategy and management games. Something like Banished or Civ would be awesome. Any good asymmetric multiplayer games like Carcassone out there now? What about turn based strategy? There's that Warhammer Quest game I was thinking of getting but it looks more suited to iPad.

EDIT: okay, checked out Card Crawl and that looks like my kind of jam. Thanks!

colinp

Banned
Ah, never messed with Family Share (and didn't know how it worked).

----

On Egz, I was enjoying it at first but actually am liking it even more now that I see the differences between the Egz. Nice that there are ones that don't use the sling shot mechanic and fly, for instance.

Yeah the unique ones are pretty fun. They seem relatively rare, at least of the five or six eggs I've hatched I think only one was different. And he died almost immediately as I didn't quite understand how to use his power well Ahahaha. What a fantastic and silly game!

awp69

Yeah, definitely a great platformer month... Aaaand, Star Knight? I saw a video, maybe I need to see another one, maybe that one didnt do it justice

I'm enjoying it. It's a challenging hack n slash platformer with a nice variety in levels, traps, etc. I think it's still on sale for $.99 (was $2.99, which I'm sure some were pissed off about). I actually bought it on Android but double dipped on iOS when the priced dropped because it is really good.

I'm probably late to the party on this one, but holy damn is that KOTOR port blowing my mind. I used to have a horrendous computer that struggled to run the game back in 2003-2004, and now I'm playing it on my phone with zero compromises. The touch control works really well because it was such a mouse-oriented PC game.

PittaGAF

I think I finally found a worthy successor to Elder Sign: Omens as my favorite digital boardgame in Pathfinder.

There are some annoying bugs that need to be ironed out (most notably I can't access quest mode, everything else is minor and bypassable) but generally it is really awesome.
More importantly, mechanically is so elegant and right up my alley I'm really puzzled I didn't enjoy this much even the real life card version.
When you finally get all the rules right (it's not difficult but the tutorial could be better) game flows really well and there are so many interesting choices and synergies it's mind blowing.

I just have no idea how Obsidian will make money out of this, the model is not only super generous but I'm not sure I even like the idea to have everything at my disposal out of the bat.
I like a lot to sweat and earn my cards...and when I must decide what to banish it's really super tense.

By the time I completed the free part, I had enough money to get the first real scenario (currently 80% off).
I've now completed that too, and I'm close to get an additional character (I don't need all, I just like 3 and 2 of them are the free ones) and then I'll work towards unlocking the only remaining scenario.
And due to a bug, I can't even play quest mode (to get additional money).

I'll probably buy the big bundle anyway to support them hoping for more campaigns, but only after I'll unlocked it on my own.

awp69

I tried to get into Pathfinder, but couldn't. Guess simpler games like Card Crawl or even Hearthstone are more my thing.

Top Bottom