• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming December 2016 | It's app-me, Mario

Just got a game vice. Any games in particular I should look at? Already got Asphalt 8 and Pac Man Championship DX
Do you happen to watch Teen Titans Go? If so (or if you're a DC fan) get Teeny Titans.

If you want something similar to SMR or like it I would recommend Leap Day.

zukalous

Neo Member
Get Return of the Zombie King

I just put my latest game Zombie King on sale from $2.99 > $0.99. It is currently rated 4.5 stars and was a top 10 game of 2016 over at Touch Arcade .

xoSKHR6.gif

Megasoum

Banned
So I bought FF6 since it's on sale.

Loving the game but I'm having a hard time getting used to the virtual D-Pad.

Is there any way to use a PS3 or PS4 controller with an ipad if it's not jailbroken?

I don't really want to buy a new controller just for FF

Any title suggestions for January 2017?

Another year almost done, iOSGAF! Thanks for keeping the community lively and active every month

Binding of Isaac likely coming next month, my favorite post-apcoalyptic roguelike Neo Scavenger coming next year, and hopefully GNOG, Impossible Bottles, Chroma Squad, Morphite, Noblemen, and a lot more

So much to look forward to

PittaGAF

Bought Spacecom and I must say it's super neat and much more complex than I imagined (I failed several tutorials :p).
Great sci-fi look too.

My only complaint is that text is too small on iPhone (6S) to follow the tutorial (it's perfect on iPad).
I imagine it won't be a problem after the campaign in the skirmish mode (the real meat of the game apparently).

heringer

A little off topic, but is it possible to see iPhone screenshots from the Appstore in full screen? I remember being possible before. It goes full screen in my iPad, but it's windowed in my iPhone.

NeoRaider

Any title suggestions for January 2017?

Another year almost done, iOSGAF! Thanks for keeping the community lively and active every month

Binding of Isaac likely coming next month, my favorite post-apcoalyptic roguelike Neo Scavenger coming next year, and hopefully GNOG, Impossible Bottles, Chroma Squad, Morphite, Noblemen, and a lot more

So much to look forward to

GNOG looks so interesting!

PittaGAF

A little off topic, but is it possible to see iPhone screenshots from the Appstore in full screen? I remember being possible before. It goes full screen in my iPad, but it's windowed in my iPhone.

Unfortunately not.
Works only on iPad since some iOS versions.
It's super dumb.

I use AppZapp, screenshots are full screen on iPhone too.

Bumhead

Banned
Just started playing Mini Metro.

Really nice game. Lovely and relaxing and really satisfying watching your network build, and having to respond to increasing complexity of the lines.

Struggling a little mind, although I've not been paying much attention to the corresponding passenger shapes and the stations they need..

PittaGAF

Ok.

I'm immensely enjoying Spacecom, I should have bought it way before.
It's a RTS but at normal speed it's almost turn based.
Last missions are fantastic with attacks, counterattacks, destroying key planets, cutting supply lines etc...
I feel like a real space commander.

In last mission I won and lost a key supply planet like 10 times before the AI decided it was better to simply nuke it and prevent me from gathering the needed resources to start the final attack.
Awesome.

Can't wait to play skirmish or, hopefully, multiplayer.

Pachimari

so RCT plays well?

Q: do you need the editor to import already-created parks and scenarios?
Rollercoaster Tycoon controls well and plays very well. You can't go wrong with this classic on an iPad.

We really should try make a compilation list with a few pictures of what games we can expect next year.

Rollercoaster Tycoon controls well and plays very well. You can't go wrong with this classic on an iPad.

We really should try make a compilation list with a few pictures of what games we can expect next year.
Don't worry, I'm already working on that, as well as the big ass annual recommendations thread

From what I'm excited for:

Card Thief
Death Road to Canada
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Cat Quest
Fugl
ChocoRun 2
Torchlight mobile
Malevolent Machines
Dungeon Rushers
Gerty - Robots in Love
Framed 2
Mushroom 11
Exiles of Embermark

Probably some more ports coming too but More_Badass will know more about that than me.

Don't know if this has been posted already, Mega Man 1-6 are out next week:

C0yrM0cVEAArZ5X.jpg

If the port is decent enough or if the controls aren't terrible I'll probably pick up 2 and 3.

PittaGAF

Games I'm most looking forward in 2017 (I like this trend/topic!!!).

Darkest Dungeon (lol)
Card Thief
Stasis
The Warlock of Firetop Mountains
Inside (I'm assuming it's coming like Limbo)
Galak-Z
Sigma Theory
Galactic Keep expansion
The isometric sci-fi game (Sky something) that I always forget the name of and More Badass helps me with, hoping it's good as it seems

I'm sure I'm forgetting about something else announced anyway.

Also, and even more than those titles combined, I'm looking forward two titles not yet publicly announced.
Two different genres, both top names and franchises.

And then, I'm sure 2017 will bring many surprises especially from indies.

It will be a new GLORIOUS year of gaming on the go, on the couch, in the car, in bed, in the toilet... :p

Games I'm most looking forward in 2017 (I like this trend/topic!!!).

Darkest Dungeon (lol)
Card Thief
Stasis
The Warlock of Firetop Mountains
Inside (I'm assuming it's coming like Limbo)
Galak-Z
Sigma Theory
Galactic Keep expansion
The isometric sci-fi game (Sky something) that I always forget the name of and More Badass helps me with, hoping it's good as it seems

I'm sure I'm forgetting about something else announced anyway.

Also, and even more than those titles combined, I'm looking forward two titles not yet publicly announced.
Two different genres, both top names and franchises.

And then, I'm sure 2017 will bring many surprises especially from indies.

It will be a new GLORIOUS year of gaming on the go, on the couch, in the car, in bed, in the toilet... :p
Static Sky I believe was the name.

Ketch

I'm looking for some kind of class/hero based roguelike/tactics game..... anyone have any suggestions?

Is dawn ofmtitans any good?

Edit: dawn of mittens is a great name for an rpg about cats.

Edit2: also, no dawn of titans isn't very good

killercow

I'm really looking forward to The Binding of Isaac, Prison Architect and Armello next year. It's going to be another huge year for ports.

I'm really looking forward to The Binding of Isaac, Prison Architect and Armello next year. It's going to be another huge year for ports.

Lol prison architect. I bought it in early access on steam in the expensive tier and then bought it on ps4 and I've put in 10 mins total :(

Maybe the iOS version will get me to actually play it lol.

Oynox

I am still mad that I missed space marshals as Apple's free game of the week, but is is mandatory to play or recommended over the second one? Or may I just jump into action with space marshals 2?

Card Thief beta starts next week
Discovered Card Crawl a week ago and having a blast. My personal mobile GOTY of the year. Incredible what they achieved and how well it is designed to mobile.
Any place to still register for the beta?

Pachimari

Games I am looking forward to in 2017:

Death Road to Canada, Hidden Folks, Durango, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, Lumines VS, Fantasy Life Online, Fugl, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Card Thief, Breath of Fire IV, Where Cards Fall, Maruta 279, Stasis, Spyjinx, Shadowgun Legends, Mr Future Ninja, Street Kart, Space Haven, 1949 Endwar, Final Fantasy Legends II, Prison Architect, Chroma Squad, Super Meat Boy: Forever, Fruit Ninja: Tournament Edition and Blocky Farm.

There's also Bravely Default: Fairy's Effect, Final Fantasy XI: Remake, Final Fantasy XV: MMO and Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia but I have a hard time seeing these release in the West next year if at all.

I do hope we'll see ports of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.

Matt Frost

I am still mad that I missed space marshals as Apple's free game of the week, but is is mandatory to play or recommended over the second one? Or may I just jump into action with space marshals 2?

Space Marshalls 2 is a massive improvement over the first one

Discovered Card Crawl a week ago and having a blast. My personal mobile GOTY of the year. Incredible what they achieved and how well it is designed to mobile.
Any place to still register for the beta?

I got it with their mailing list. Got an email about it. Tried to search their net for a link but couldnt find it. Sorry. Maybe search the TA forums?

Also, I am looking forward to these games in 2017 (some iOS, some PS4)

Super Meat Boy Forever
Silverfish DX
Run-a-Whale
Death Road to Canada
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
ChocoRun 2
Morphite

Home Free
Resident Evil 7
Horizon Dawn Zero
Destiny 2

And many many indie games I can only recall random images...

PittaGAF

Thanks to the traditional new year eve flu, I was finally able to put some serious time in Banner Saga 2.

Woah....so intense!!!!
Fights are miles better than the predecessor too!

PittaGAF

If I had played Banner Saga 2 earlier, it would have been included in my personal GOTY list.
Quality stuff, better than the previous one in every possible way (much more interesting and varied combat, better balancing, super tense story, way more epic).

Weirdly, the game really picks up after 1-2 hours...the first impact is pretty standard fare and 'more of the same' (that's why I didn't play further when I first got it on day one).

But woah, it really picks up.

Finished Sorcery 3!. God damn what an adventure, couldn't get all the serpents (The freaking time snake is scary shit, it knows when you
Rewind
. Now I'm onto Sorcery 4!. It's back to a more linearish style but it's still a blast to play with many ways to approach ... and die (Especially since I was very weakened, had like no gold and had a broken sword when I ended Sorcery 3)

Legend of the Skyfish, it started very nice but I feel like the puzzles never really evolve, it's mostly the same thing with nuances to differentiate them. Th art style is nice at least but I'm dropping the game for now. Might comeback to it in the future but I got better games to play.

Monument Valley and Samarost 3 are breathktaking puzzle adventure games. I'm especially loving the latter.

Matt Frost

Legend of the Skyfish, it started very nice but I feel like the puzzles never really evolve, it's mostly the same thing with nuances to differentiate them. Th art style is nice at least but I'm dropping the game for now. Might comeback to it in the future but I got better games to play.

Monument Valley and Samarost 3 are breathktaking puzzle adventure games. I'm especially loving the latter.

It stays the same throughout the whole game and like you said, never evolves...

If you like Samorost 3 you should really get Machinarium, one of the best point and click games ever and with the same art (better imo) since is from the same developer.

Top Bottom