• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming December 2016 | It's app-me, Mario

iggynore

Neo Member
screen696x696.jpeg
screen696x696.jpeg
screen696x696.jpeg
screen696x696.jpeg

Light Apprentice - Comic GameBook is now free on iOS. There's also an iPad Pro version, with crispier graphics.

As the dev, I can grant promo codes, here are some for the SD version (purple icon):

Chapter 2:
MMJK3H9EKN7F
3A4EAJJTHARK
TNWFWMKA4XAA
XFY9HT3NXELA
7RA6EKNF36NJ

Chapter 3:
697RPHH6TWKY
NMP9YAAEJ64W
4A4LP3KLPJX7
LFYWN7MN63N9
Y9FLKHJJ6JEA

iPad Pro (yellow icon):
LAKEK3LJ6F7H
RNNM74LRXR9X
7J64KAHT4LKP

We had a really difficult relation with our publisher, but now they are defunct and we finally got our app back. If you like where we are going with Light Apprentice please help spread the word.

B-Dex

Can i just say that I hope something is done about the horrible screenshot section for games. Because 90% of the screenshots are just illustrations that don't relate to the gameplay at all.

Matt Frost

Where have they said this? I thought they only had beta announcements next week, where we will get the date?

Not that I am doubting you, I just thought the date announcement wouldn't come until next week.

I got it on an email, been testing a lot of their games since a long time ago (like awp tests for CM). Beta starts next week, try to get in their mailing list and try to get in. Hoping you get in!

Happy new year everyone!!! Dont drink too much xD

Pachimari

I got it on an email, been testing a lot of their games since a long time ago (like awp tests for CM). Beta starts next week, try to get in their mailing list and try to get in. Hoping you get in!

Happy new year everyone!!! Dont drink too much xD
That's good to know. Happy new year.

I decided to buy a few last games in 2016: Don't Starve: Shipwrecked, Year Walk and Samorost 3.

That's good to know. Happy new year.

I decided to buy a few last games in 2016: Don't Starve: Shipwrecked, Year Walk and Samorost 3.

Excellent choice

Happy new year ios gaf, thanks for all the amazing mobile games, my wallet hates you lol.

Here's to 2017 and more awesome mobile games to come

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Wow, just found this thread on the last day of 2016! A great collection of games -- great work OP!
Yup, great threads! We are always here, some of us have been here for many, many years. Stick around, it's the best place on the internet for iOS news.

Is there any way to buy iOS apps from the App Store on an Android phone for downloading later? I have an Apple account from my previous phone. I'm getting an iPad next week and want to get some games before the sale ends, and I'm out of town so all I have is my phone. I went to the website and tried to purchase something, but it took me to iTunes on the Google play store.

Boney

Banned
It really can't be said enough times how much of a wonderful job More_Badass does with the thread. The effort is sincerely appreciated!

Happy New Years bros

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Is there any way to buy iOS apps from the App Store on an Android phone for downloading later? I have an Apple account from my previous phone. I'm getting an iPad next week and want to get some games before the sale ends, and I'm out of town so all I have is my phone. I went to the website and tried to purchase something, but it took me to iTunes on the Google play store.
Use iTunes on a computer

EDIT: oops, I see all you have is your phone. Not sure you have any options.

Jarsonot

Was playing Return of the Zombie King, and came to a point where you HAVE to enter your email to get a Pascode to continue. Already not cool. Entered my email, got an email telling me to click a non-existent submit button (in the email) to get my code. Can't click the non-existent button, can't progress the game.

Now the dev had my money and email. Not cool. Will be requesting a refund, recommend avoid until that's sorted.

Dear devs, someone pays for the game, get rid of that email bullshit.

Edit: appears that this is some kind of once-a-day level that lets you grind faster, yours if you sign up to a mailing list. It is not at all made clear, and I am still declaring it shady practice. After force-quitting I was able to advance, and eventually the email showed properly and allowed me to join.

Pachimari

Think I might need to start sleeping with one eye open. I'm watching you, Pachimari
:p

vFuBflQ.png
Oh shit... I told you I loved these threads.

I've decided to buy my first few games of 2017: Colt Express, Tengami, Badlands 2, Jade Empire: Special Edition and Total War: ROME.

I really need that upgrade to 256gb. It's getting really tedious having to delete stuff all the time.

Tizoc

So my mother's been enjoying Farm Journey and I was wondering if there is another game does the match 3 concept it uses better.
Preferably something Free to play.

Pachimari

I decided to start up Leap Day, and the core of it feels really good. But I am bothered with the sudden ads popping up when you die, so I'm thinking isn't there a way to pay a premium to get rid of these ads? I'm not bothered by the microtransactions but these ads makes the game to play a lot less fun.

PittaGAF

I decided to start up Leap Day, and the core of it feels really good. But I am bothered with the sudden ads popping up when you die, so I'm thinking isn't there a way to pay a premium to get rid of these ads? I'm not bothered by the microtransactions but these ads makes the game to play a lot less fun.

Go right in the checkpoint room (where you activate the checkpoint via fruits or ad video), there should be a premium unlock.

Pachimari

Go right in the checkpoint room (where you activate the checkpoint via fruits or ad video), there should be a premium unlock.
I saw a box but I thought it was just for all kinds of random items. But if that's a premium pay that removes the ads then I'll be happy to give this game more of my time.

iggynore

Neo Member
Can i just say that I hope something is done about the horrible screenshot section for games. Because 90% of the screenshots are just illustrations that don't relate to the gameplay at all.

May I take this as feedback, thank you :)

EDIT: in our case, we thing the app preview video speaks better for the gameplay, and the pictures should give more of the feelings of the key features. But I guess if one's just browsing the pictures, it's not very helpful to have them not very descriptive of the gameplay.

PittaGAF

Leap Day is testing my patience. I'm dying here all the time. Although I do know what to do, it just so happens that my finger don't agree with my brain!

I did that some hours ago.
Slide on the narrow path till the monsters leave the opening then double jump on the opposite side.
Jump over them (they should be coming towards you) then double jump on the above platform using the wall to bounce.

Matt Frost

Leap Day is testing my patience. I'm dying here all the time. Although I do know what to do, it just so happens that my finger don't agree with my brain!

The spike dudes should give you an opening a little bit after the first one hits a wall. Just keep wall jumping beneath them until you can speed jump up

Edit: Ninja´d by Pitta

Also, only the current last level available counts towards unlocking new stuff. You can leave the level and come back later to it anytime if you passed at least a mayor checkpoint (bronze, silver, gold)

PittaGAF

I must revisit my GOTY list.

Banner Saga 2 is magnificent.
Better than its predecessor in every possible way.

Way more epic, story is much more tight, fights are WAY better balanced (finally you have to use some real strategy, you can't brute force combats as in the first game), much more varied enemies and tactics.
And it's SO GRAPHICALLY AND AURALLY awesome on iPad.
The musics at the keystones are out of this world.

Feels like I'm playing Lord of the Rings in a Norse setting, same epic-ness level.

And woah, those twists!!!

I really recommend it: if you liked the first game it is a no-brainer, if you found the first one a bit too easy or story loose, look no further.

Pachimari

I did that some hours ago.
Slide on the narrow path till the monsters leave the opening then double jump on the opposite side.
Jump over them (they should be coming towards you) then double jump on the above platform using the wall to bounce.

The spike dudes should give you an opening a little bit after the first one hits a wall. Just keep wall jumping beneath them until you can speed jump up

Edit: Ninja´d by Pitta

Also, only the current last level available counts towards unlocking new stuff. You can leave the level and come back later to it anytime if you passed at least a mayor checkpoint (bronze, silver, gold)
Yeah I knew how to beat it, just couldn't get myself to. Although I've gone through it now.

[edit] oh yeah, what games are coming out next month besides Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and Mega-Man 1-6?

Pachimari

You mean this month? :p
Oh yeah, I just gotta get used to it being January already lol.

I completely missed this when it released in early December but hey, here's the final game to be included in the January OT

Sara Is Missing - Free
When is the January OT going up?

I gave Colt Express a try and it seems to be based on a board game. It is a bit confusing to me in the start but it also seems to have interesting potential. I've been playing a little bit of Jade Empire too, and though the dialogue can feel really dated and sterile, I hope there's enough background and lore to get me in. Control seems to be fine, and fights to be a lot of fun. Also tried out a bit of Steamworld Heist, and it's alright. Pretty nice with the whole taking cover and aiming your shot but I hope there's more to it.

Jarsonot

Playing tap titans 2, don't know why but something about these tap games appeals to me. This is a particularly good one. The first had it's hooks in me pretty deep, and this one is better.

Sorry about my rant on the email thing for zombie king. I must've been in a bad mood. Upon further reflection I wonder if I could have advanced a level using the map. Every time I hit play it just to me to the Pascode prompt which I couldn't provide and it was frustrating. Maybe make that level auto advance your character on the map, or make it more clear that one can advance beyond it.

Top Bottom