• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming July 2017 | A day late, and 32 bits short

PittaGAF

Just came here to post that.

Yeah it's actually great, I spent a lot of time playing the beta.
I would say it's much more similar to Card Crawl than Card Thief, way simpler and faster yet super addicting as you would expect from the dev.

One can only play so many card games, but I would say all Tiny Touch Tales are mandatory :p

Eklesp

Have not played games on my phone in a while. Linelight has really sucked me in though, the levels get pretty challenging.

Going to be picking up more recommended puzzle games after I finish this.

Oynox

I am absolutely in love with Miracle Merchant. Because it is so much quicker than Card Thief and resembles more to Card Crawl. Artwork is joyful and it is surprising how humorous it is with its limited context. It is the perfect game for inbetween!

Not going to criticise it but the price model seems strange if I remember Arnauld Rauers States that they put the price point of Card Thief lower at the beginning to make the hurdle smaller but now they start directly at 2 bucks.

Nonetheless the game is definitely worth it!

Mudo

Mirroring the positive impressions of Miracle Merchant. I bought it 2 hours ago and have been playing almost since then. So here I am at 2AM exhausted and have to wake up at 5 but it was SO worth it. This is one of those penultimate "just one more" games like Card Crawl is. What can I say? Graphics are stunningly detailed/beautiful 2D eyegasm. Music track is chill and sets a perfect mood. It's solitaire in some strict sense but damn it's also so much more. I could keep gushing but the bottom line is: if you like just plain FUN, ultra addictive ios games, this is what you've been waiting for. One of my favorite Ios games in recent memory.
I swear Tinytouchtales may be my favorite developer on Ios at this point these guys can do no wrong in my book!

Also: Downloaded Tumblestone played about 20 levels and while its competent, I quickly got bored of it. Block-clearing, color matching puzzles. If that's your thing you may dig it - and it's free. I'm gonna delete it though lol.

HAPPY DANCE News of the Day:

**Final Fantasy Tactics is officially being updated for 64 bit and is on sale for 5.99! Hallelujiah. I bought full price a couple months back and have been sweating bullets waiting for this news. Nothing needs to be said about this game other than it's my favorite turn based strategy game of all time. If for some reason you don't have it, GET IT while it's 5.99!!

Lastly, I am super excited for Egglia and was really hoping it surprise-released early tonight but alas...I think it's supposed to be out tomorrow though. Don't know the price or care - I watched 1 video and was insta-sold. Console-looking RPG-ish, Pokémon-ish game with Legend of Mana graphics?? Give me now!!! I'll post impressions as soon as i play it. Will be my focus overcall else (please be great please be great)

chris121580

I am absolutely in love with Miracle Merchant. Because it is so much quicker than Card Thief and resembles more to Card Crawl. Artwork is joyful and it is surprising how humorous it is with its limited context. It is the perfect game for inbetween!

Not going to criticise it but the price model seems strange if I remember Arnauld Rauers States that they put the price point of Card Thief lower at the beginning to make the hurdle smaller but now they start directly at 2 bucks.

Nonetheless the game is definitely worth it!

Totally agree. I'm loving it although I've gotten frustrated with a few rounds where it's been all black cards towards the bottom. Not much can be done about that. I also love the dailys

Mudo

Egglia: Played 20 minutes. I'd hold off buying this yet lol. It's beautiful, music is nice. It "connects" after doing lots of things in the game i'm still baffled as to why it needs to connect to ANYTHING to complete a level or receive items etc. It's super fast but I don't get why it's a thing.

I think I've met 6 characters in fast succession in this time. Every single one has a different dialect. Some very formal and serious, others with 4th wall breaking speak that is honestly already driving me insane. The dialogue is extremely ALL OVER the place with the way characters speak. very jarring. Story seems ehh at the start. Overworld and how you build it is straight up Legend of Mana. You unlock new areas on the overworld and enter them (like a forest). then inside the area are a series of stages. you are on i think a hex grid and roll a dice to move that number of spaces, you can chop trees down, attack (power apparently affected by your dice roll), etc but the goal so far has been to get to the exit hex to continue.

I hope things improve! So pretty but the surroundings are underwhelming. but it was only 20 minutes lol. More in a bit

HotHamBoy

Miracle Merchant is excellent. TinyTouchTales is now 3 for 3.

Gonna paste what I posted on Touch Arcade:

This game is kicking my rump.

I've only won once out of about 10 or so games. Most of the time the loss comes when I'm down to my last few cards, too.

Really enjoying the game but there's something missing that I've come to expect from TTT games - unlockables! Both Card Crawl and Card Thief have fun unlockables to work towards that also serve to shake up the gameplay. Card Thief, in particular, has a clear feeling of progression.

I fear that after a few days, when I really get the game down, I won't stick around for long and it'll be one of those apps I start up every few months when I remember I have it and that there's a Daily Quest.

Grade A game design and presentation, just wish there was more of a meta element.

Top Bottom