• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 7 | OT | Pre-order Sept 9, Available Sept 16

Ty4on

534ppi (1440p on 5.5") is thoroughly unnecessary. All it does is make the phone work harder for something that really makes no discernable difference. Going from 163ppi to 300+ was like night and day. Going to 300 to 400 is meh. Going past 400 is just ridiculously stupid.

The only reason it seems low is because Android handset makers have been desperate to overcompensate for being late to market on hidpi devices by going to the highest extremes.
And pentile AMOLED which has the magical ability of making 300ppi look shitty.

pislit

Ugh I want that dual camera on the smaller iPhone, I dont want an iPhone 7 Plus, my dick is big enough no need for compensation loljk

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I would compare buying a jetblack 7+ to going to a club fucking someone raw dog and finding you have an STD months down the line...you might regret it but boy were those fleeting moments when you creampied that hole were like entering pure nirvana. 😈

Matt black = you strapped on a condom but got a blow job without a rubber. 🛡

in for a 7 plus, 32gb. currently got a 6 plus 64gb but i now stream my music so i feel i can shave a chunk of my storage space.
my contract here in the UK ends november so I'll be past all the in depth reviews, tear downs and user opinions. should get about £300 for my current phone too.

I would compare buying a jetblack 7+ to going to a club fucking someone raw dog and finding you have an STD months down the line...you might regret it but boy were those fleeting moments when you creampied that hole were like entering pure nirvana. 😈

Matte black is the equivalent of wearing a condom? Well that settles which one I'm getting, I'm no loser.

Apple's iPhone Upgrade program works independent of your carrier. You should theoretically be able to use it even if you are on a prepaid T-Mobile account. Assuming your credit rating isn't hot garbage, anybody should be able to do it.

"When you buy an iPhone with the iPhone Upgrade Program, you aren’t tied to a single carrier and a multiyear service contract. So you can choose the carrier that’s right for you. And once your new iPhone is activated, it will always remain unlocked."

Correct! But it still has to ACTIVATE on one of the big four. The phone itself is unlocked, but it has to be activated on a post-paid account with AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile. There is no SIM-free iUP

Well then

icespide

Banned

what the fuck

Dierce

So I guess by removing the headphone jack they are also forcing Square to go with ApplePay and therefore get an larger cut of profits than they were getting before. Limiting options for competitors, who would have imagined.

ReAxion

So I guess by removing the headphone jack they are also forcing Square to go with ApplePay and therefore get an larger cut of profits than they were getting before. Limiting options for competitors, who would have imagined.

the Square thing works with the adapter.

Zutroy

Happy with the products revealed at the conference!

Going to sell my iPhone 6, use that money to buy the Apple Watch 2, and then get the iPhone 7 on the annual upgrade plan now that it's available in the UK.

Only disappointment is with the massive price hike! Damn you BoJo!

nillah

Banned
Wait no white??

sony-724850.jpg
Can I buy her

Or you plug a Square reader into the 3.5mm end of 3.5mm to Lightning adapter? Comes in the box of every 7 and 7+ or you can buy one from Apple for $9. Obviously not as convenient as it is now, but I don't think it's going to shake up their business too much.

toohectic

Could Square create a lightning version of their reader? Besides, how does using Apple Pay affect Square's bottom line? Is Square itself a more along the lines of bank or a merchant? As far as I know, it's closer to the merchant/middle man, so the Apple Pay 0.15% fee does not impact them. Perhaps they have some other agreement in place though.

Protome

They won't, the same way they have never backtracked on the vast majority of their changes.

The vast majority of their changes have been sensible upgrades moving with advances in technology. This isn't that.

I don't think they'll backtrack though, not next year. If we get to 2018 and wireless headphones are still being handily outsold by wired ones then yeah.

Branson

Is this the first year where most of the big Carriers don't have subsidized phones anymore? Think that will have any impact? I'm certainly not going to get one because of that right now or for a while once I realized that.

ReAxion

No. It does. It also doesn't matter.

I reached out to Square spokeswoman Semonti Stephens, who said the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter (like the one Apple is including in the iPhone 7 box when it ships Sept. 16) will work with Square’s reader. But it’s unclear how many people will actually need to use an adapter. The Venn diagram of business owners that don’t support chip cards—which Square accepts with a separate, wireless card reader that doesn’t use the headphone jack—and iPhone 7 buyers is probably pretty small.

“In addition to headphone jack adapters that will work with Square’s magnetic stripe reader, our new contactless and chip reader pairs wirelessly for a smart, safe, and fast experience—no headphone jack is necessary,” Stephens said via email.

http://www.macworld.com/article/311...h-apples-iphone-7-headphone-jack-adapter.html

Bye with that forcing Apple Pay shit.

Yeah you figured it out.

Honestly doubt this was even in their minds.

Jeffrey

I'n out of this phone loop guys. How does it compare to the best Android phones?

Best cpu. Probably best camera.

Lower res screen, no quick charging, no expandable storage, no wireless charging etc. No headphone jack. Quite pricey compare to most android flagship phones.

LeleSocho

Banned
I didn't watch the iPhone prices for a couple of years and i was shocked when i saw them for this one...
They start at frigging 800€ for the non Plus... and that's without the Jet Black version which is 910€.
What the heck happened in these years? I clearly remember flagship costing 500-600€! Italy's prices are bonkers, i just cannot afford something like that.

Went from "i will buy it day one" to "maybe used in 4-5 years when it will receive its last iOS update".

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm interested in the Airpods.
The battery life works for me and the features seems neat.

I worry about noise bleed though.

I like to listen to things loud and had to stop using the normal apple earbuds because people around me could hear my music.

I fear these will suffer from the same thing.

Literally hate the design on the airpods. They basically just cut the wire off. I liked the mock design better. I want headphones that are discreet:(

Top Bottom