• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish men the 'undisputed ugliest' in the world, according to dating website for 'beautiful people'

Bullet Club

Irish men the 'undisputed ugliest' in the world, according to dating website for 'beautiful people'

Romance-hunters from Limerick in particular were most likely to be rejected

Irish men have been branded the “undisputed ugliest” in the world by a contentious dating website that only allows attractive people to join.

A new poll by picky international dating site beautifulpeople.com has seen Irish males slip to the foot of a table of the world’s most attractive nationalities.

Just six per cent of Irish single men who applied to land their profiles on the elite Los Angeles-based site were successful - less than any other nationality, and officially Ireland’s worst-ever result in the site’s annual nation-by-nation ‘beauty charts’.

In contrast Ireland’s women have climbed up the table to sixth overall in the world - their highest-ever ranking and tied with France, with an impressive 35 percent acceptance rate.

Further analysis of Ireland’s data - which is taken from statistics from the island of Ireland as a whole - reveals Dublin to be home to the “most attractive” inhabitants, followed by Cork, Galway and then Belfast. However, romance-hunters from Limerick were most likely to be rejected.

Commenting on the contrasting trends for both Irish men and women, Greg Hodge, Managing Director of BeautifulPeople, said: “There are many examples of very handsome Irish men in Hollywood, such as Cillian Murphy, Colin Farrell, Michael Fassbender and Jamie Dornan.

“However, this is the exception and not the norm. Unfortunately, when you look at the stats, Irish men are the undisputed ugliest in the world. They really are in a league of their own.

“But Irish women are continuing to improve their beauty rankings. We looked closely into why Irish women are climbing and Irish men are falling in the beauty rankings. What we found is that a large proportion of Irish women are applying from Dublin - known to be one of the more beautiful areas for Irish inhabitants, whereas the majority of male applicants came from Belfast and Galway, as well as more rural areas which historically have housed some of Ireland’s least attractive inhabitants.”

The contentious LA-based dating service - which has a global membership of over five million - makes no apology for only accepting good-looking singletons.

Although an average of just one in five applicants succeed in gaining membership to the exclusive site, the latest charts confirm once again that success rates vary widely from country to country.

Norway is home to the world’s most beautiful women, with over seven out of 10 female applicants accepted to the service, while men from neighbouring Sweden are judged to be the most aesthetically-pleasing nationality.

Hodge has repeatedly stressed he feels no obligation to apologise for running a dating service which is exclusively available to the world’s best looking singletons.

He said: “The concept is based on a fundamental human fact - that people want to be with someone they find attractive.”

MALE SUCCESS RATES (nation by nation)

1. Sweden - 60%
2. Brazil - 41%
3. Denmark - 40%
4. Italy - 37%
5. Portugal - 35%
6.Argentina - 32%
7. Norway - 27%
8. Spain - 25%
9. USA - 24%
10. Canada - 23%
11. Australia - 22%
12. France - 20%
12 =. Germany - 20%
14. Korea - 18%
15. China - 17%
16. Japan - 15%
17. India - 11%
18. Russia - 9%
18 = United Kingdom
20. Poland - 7%
21. IRELAND - 6%

FEMALE SUCCESS RATES (nation by nation)

1. Norway - 71%
2. Sweden - 62%
3. Iceland - 61%
4. Brazil - 45%
5. Argentina - 43%
6. IRELAND - 35%
6 = France - 35%
8. USA - 32%
9. Canada - 26%
10. Italy - 23%
11. Russia - 22%
12. Spain - 21%
13. Australia - 19%
14. Lithuania - 16%
14 = Portugal - 16%
16. India - 15%
16 = Turkey - 15%
16 = Korea - 15%
16 = China - 15%
16 = United Kingdom - 15%
21. Germany - 13%

Source: Irish Mirror

gxlVnsb.jpg

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
wxMu18q.png

Terribly great.

Nosferatu! I see you! That girl better RUN!

ETA:

On topic... The most beautiful women I've ever seen come from varying nations in Africa, Ireland and SOMETIMES Russia. I'm pretty sure Bryce Dallas Howard has irish lineage. And she's frakking GORGEOUS and FINE! That smile and that booty!

I, of course, see Beautiful women every day here in America... But those countries aforementioned... *Sigh* *heart eyes*

Last edited:
I'm going to assume this is some kind of sampling bias. Maybe some aspect of Irish culture leads them to be less likely to use that particular website. I've heard Ireland isn't as Catholic as it used to be, but I can imagine a lot of people for cultural reasons not signing up for a website called beautifulpeople.com.

Belmonte

Male Brazilians are in the second place. Great way to begin the week. :messenger_sunglasses:

German females in the last place?! Is this correct? In my mind, German woman were one, if not the hottest in the world. I never visited Germany but some of the most beautiful girls I ever met were from cities founded by German immigrants in my state. Most female Brazilian top models, like Gisele Bündchen came from these regions. I'm legit surprised.

Last edited:
Laughing at german man being much higher on that scale than german women...

And, I always thought the biggest gender beauty disparity must be in Poland.
Every second girl there looks like super cute, but all the men look like Sloth from the Goonies...

highrider

Banned
Interesting, as an American male with English ancestry I rank very low indeed, yet I’m devilishly handsome 🤔

Last edited:
C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Norwegian girls on top is pretty correct. You can throw a stone blindfolded and hit a beautiful girl in my town. Not that I recommend you do such a thing, it's better to wear a T-Rex costume like I did during my bachelor's party. If you ever want to dance with a dousin beautiful girls at the same time, that's the way to go about it.

I'm offended, therefore, delete this thread and everyone apologise to me lest my feelies be hurt.

Seriously though, there are some rare specimens here. The term "face like a welder's bench" plays through my mind more often than it should when I'm out and about.

lock2k

Banned

Romance-hunters from Limerick in particular were most likely to be rejected

Irish men have been branded the “undisputed ugliest” in the world by a contentious dating website that only allows attractive people to join.

A new poll by picky international dating site beautifulpeople.com has seen Irish males slip to the foot of a table of the world’s most attractive nationalities.

Just six per cent of Irish single men who applied to land their profiles on the elite Los Angeles-based site were successful - less than any other nationality, and officially Ireland’s worst-ever result in the site’s annual nation-by-nation ‘beauty charts’.

In contrast Ireland’s women have climbed up the table to sixth overall in the world - their highest-ever ranking and tied with France, with an impressive 35 percent acceptance rate.

Further analysis of Ireland’s data - which is taken from statistics from the island of Ireland as a whole - reveals Dublin to be home to the “most attractive” inhabitants, followed by Cork, Galway and then Belfast. However, romance-hunters from Limerick were most likely to be rejected.

Commenting on the contrasting trends for both Irish men and women, Greg Hodge, Managing Director of BeautifulPeople, said: “There are many examples of very handsome Irish men in Hollywood, such as Cillian Murphy, Colin Farrell, Michael Fassbender and Jamie Dornan.

“However, this is the exception and not the norm. Unfortunately, when you look at the stats, Irish men are the undisputed ugliest in the world. They really are in a league of their own.

“But Irish women are continuing to improve their beauty rankings. We looked closely into why Irish women are climbing and Irish men are falling in the beauty rankings. What we found is that a large proportion of Irish women are applying from Dublin - known to be one of the more beautiful areas for Irish inhabitants, whereas the majority of male applicants came from Belfast and Galway, as well as more rural areas which historically have housed some of Ireland’s least attractive inhabitants.”

The contentious LA-based dating service - which has a global membership of over five million - makes no apology for only accepting good-looking singletons.

Although an average of just one in five applicants succeed in gaining membership to the exclusive site, the latest charts confirm once again that success rates vary widely from country to country.

Norway is home to the world’s most beautiful women, with over seven out of 10 female applicants accepted to the service, while men from neighbouring Sweden are judged to be the most aesthetically-pleasing nationality.

Hodge has repeatedly stressed he feels no obligation to apologise for running a dating service which is exclusively available to the world’s best looking singletons.

He said: “The concept is based on a fundamental human fact - that people want to be with someone they find attractive.”

MALE SUCCESS RATES (nation by nation)

1. Sweden - 60%
2. Brazil - 41%
3. Denmark - 40%
4. Italy - 37%
5. Portugal - 35%
6.Argentina - 32%
7. Norway - 27%
8. Spain - 25%
9. USA - 24%
10. Canada - 23%
11. Australia - 22%
12. France - 20%
12 =. Germany - 20%
14. Korea - 18%
15. China - 17%
16. Japan - 15%
17. India - 11%
18. Russia - 9%
18 = United Kingdom
20. Poland - 7%
21. IRELAND - 6%

FEMALE SUCCESS RATES (nation by nation)

1. Norway - 71%
2. Sweden - 62%
3. Iceland - 61%
4. Brazil - 45%
5. Argentina - 43%
6. IRELAND - 35%
6 = France - 35%
8. USA - 32%
9. Canada - 26%
10. Italy - 23%
11. Russia - 22%
12. Spain - 21%
13. Australia - 19%
14. Lithuania - 16%
14 = Portugal - 16%
16. India - 15%
16 = Turkey - 15%
16 = Korea - 15%
16 = China - 15%
16 = United Kingdom - 15%
21. Germany - 13%

Source: Irish Mirror

gxlVnsb.jpg

LOL @ Brazil at second place for males.

Belmonte

LOL @ Brazil at second place for males.

We need more recognition from Brazilian females!

Reminds me what happened in the World Cup/Olympics where many female homeland traitors shamelessly were looking for foreigners for sex. I mean, many dudes I knew who speak english or spanish deceived them saying they were European or North American, so everything worked as intended in the end. But, as this list shows, we shouldn't need to do that!

Son Tofu

Banned
Is this counting rape? Because Sweden also has the highest number of reported rapes in Europe.
Yea, but the people doing the rape aren't Swedish.

List kind of makes sense. The qualities that make Irish women attractive - Red hair, green eyes and pale - are going to be the same qualities that make an Irish dude look goofy.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I just realized... Not one African or Caribbean island on that list. Frak that site then!

And Irish women should be a little higher on that existing list!

Son Tofu

Banned
And Indian women are more attractive than German women? I guess that street shitting must be a turn on for the Indian fellas.

mcjmetroid

Ya this site can fuck right off :D

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
And Indian women are more attractive than German women? I guess that street shitting must be a turn on for the Indian fellas.

Depends. Priyanka Chopra is a beautiful and highly attractive woman... I've seen some truly beautiful Indian women out there. Some beauts from Germany, too. But it all depends ... Some dudes have a fetishization of Indian or Asian women.

Romulus

People can't be offended by this. It's just a snapshot. It's like going to one town in Brazil on a Tuesday, taking a look around for 30 minutes and saying "Brazilians are beautiful/ugly." In a country with millions. It's just too small of a sample size to matter.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Liam Neeson alone has to single handedly raise the quota by 90% in the favor for the irish, so what the fuck are the on about.

Last edited:

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Not going to lie, I was pretty stoked when I got on there, but it was a waste.
Vapid pretentious prudes whose egos were extra inflated just cause they were on the site.
I'm surprised Irish women came in at 6, and both Australian Men and Women are outside the top 10.

Top Bottom