• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

Stinky

Going for an interview for Anam on Tuesday :)

Living in Dublin as a software developer, working right across from trinity.. would be a dream.

Liamario

Banned
TUGC6UO.jpg

RangerX

Banned
No surprise really. We defended well but played no football when we had the ball. Shane long has been chasing lost causes.

Dreadful by Ireland today. Defended well in the first half but it all went to shit in the second. Didn't create a chance all game and struggled to put two passes together.

NateDog

Dreadful by Ireland today. Defended well in the first half but it all went to shit in the second. Didn't create a chance all game and struggled to put two passes together.

Not much else to expect in fairness, Ireland have never been good to watch and while they can defend well at times, they normally have random games where they just clean up everything and everything that has to go their way does and they pull off a crazy result. Iceland were amazing to watch as a team that seemed to enjoy defending and were organised magnificently. Of course we don't have a Sigurdsson to play through a team (although Hoolahan isn't bad at all as our closest player) but they still show what you can do. I didn't understand it at all when people said a draw against Sweden was a "good result", they're the closest team to us and the most beatable and we drew, now we have to beat Italy and while they might play a slightly weakened team they should easily deal with Ireland.

Ritchie Sadlier is a great pundit. Enjoy listening to him analyze a performance more than any of the three senior "experts". Duff has surprised me at how good he is at it, too.

Clegg

Ritchie Sadlier is a great pundit. Enjoy listening to him analyze a performance more than any of the three senior "experts". Duff has surprised me at how good he is at it, too.
Keith Andrews has been a disaster on TV3.

Can barely string two words together.

TV3 can't even be bothered to send a commentary team to most of their games, just sticking on the official UEFA feed with Martin Tyler instead. The less said about the SD picture the better, too.

Clegg

RTE should've given the Second Captains lads a few quid and a camera crew to shoot a football show in France for the few weeks.

If watch that.

NateDog

I can't stand Sadlier half the time tbh. Although you can't get worse than Cunningham and those bloody eyebrows going all over the place while he speaks in monotone about nothing.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Is HMV UK seriously the only place where I can buy Independence Day 4K? I've checked Amazon and they're not selling it themselves, only a third party is selling the Italian disc.

NateDog

So lads do you think Brexit will affect us as bad as the rest of Europe? I only heard about the result this morning and haven't read much into it.

So lads do you think Brexit will affect us as bad as the rest of Europe? I only heard about the result this morning and haven't read much into it.

Could go either way. Despite the doom and gloom over there today we could see an influx of new businesses looking for access to the EU market.

Dazzler

We're going to have to put a border up north now.

Absolutely gutted by this. Time to go to bed and hopefully when I wake up this never happened

We're going to have to put a border up north now.

Absolutely gutted by this. Time to go to bed and hopefully when I wake up this never happened

I'd hate for the border to come back, hopefully something can be worked out. Interesting to see what the response from the NI parties will be today.

Well, on the plus side, trips to the UK just got a whole lot cheaper for us. Buying on Amazon for the rest of the year should be interesting, too.

But a fucking disaster in general.

I was planning a trip to the North later in the year. If they brought in that border check shit I wouldn't be able to drive there with my Colombian wife. She's need a Visa, now.

kharma45

Well, on the plus side, trips to the UK just got a whole lot cheaper for us. Buying on Amazon for the rest of the year should be interesting, too.

But a fucking disaster in general.

I was planning a trip to the North later in the year. If they brought in that border check shit I wouldn't be able to drive there with my Colombian wife. She's need a Visa, now.

She won't need one for years. We haven't immediately left the EU on the basis on what is nothing more than an opinion pole.

NateDog

I'd hate for the border to come back, hopefully something can be worked out. Interesting to see what the response from the NI parties will be today.
Yeah the NI situation worries me a bit. Especially with things having calmed down so much over the last decade in particular it would be such s shame to see things winding backwards.

I have a trip to London next March, guess I might try sort out the hotel payment soon if I can.

PowerTaxi

Banned
I think reunification is more likely now, than ever before.

It really isn't. The money that would have to go into north doesn't exist. Plus you would also need to pump a lot more money into the police force to make sure the shit doesn't hit the fan again.

Muffdraul

Me last name's Malone dontcha know. Mael = monk and Eoin = John. Basically means Follower of St. John. Great name for a rabid snarling atheist.

Desmond

It really isn't. The money that would have to go into north doesn't exist. Plus you would also need to pump a lot more money into the police force to make sure the shit doesn't hit the fan again.

Maybe we can get the EU to foot the bill. We can use all the millions they've been giving to Wales every year.

I think reunification is more likely now, than ever before.

Its more likely sure but still not bloody likely at all.

If push comes to shove I would be shocked if the North doesn't stay with the UK if it went to a vote.

I'd say a independent NI in our lifetime is more of a possibility then reunification Kind of a crazy concept if you think about it.

Lucreto

It will be interesting on seeing what they will do. Will be have a hard boarder or not.

I hear they might just implement passport checks at airports and ports. It will be more annoying for Northern Ireland citizens who now require a passport check to get into England.

Top Bottom