• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

You ever cheat when drunk? I've heard that's a thing with veggies.

Oh Macari's in Inchicore - yeah yeah I keep on about them - do a really good Veggie burger.

No if anything I'd sometimes give out to people for eating meat around me (Which I never do). I've been a vegetarian (which is a lot easier over here than in Ireland) for a year and honestly I'd probably throw up after eating meat haha.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Yup. Looks like I won't be able to make the gathering. YOR WAN just told me he won't be able to make the gathering himself, which means I've got no ride up or back.

And no, I am not going to take the bus, what with the probability of being baked alive in the heat if there's no air con. Not to mention by the time I get there, I'd have too little time to celebrate with all you guys.

Vagabundo

No if anything I'd sometimes give out to people for eating meat around me (Which I never do). I've been a vegetarian (which is a lot easier over here than in Ireland) for a year and honestly I'd probably throw up after eating meat haha.

My kid sis must be going on twenty years a vegetarian now. I use to give her stick, back in the good old days, just to torment her as an eldest brother should. But I've never seen her cheat with it. She does say the smell of rashers is probably the hardest thing for her.

How does the pre order thing on HMV online work? I pre ordered the revenant steelbook and put my CC details in it and shit, but it hasn't dispatched and it says awaiting payment.

NateDog

How does the pre order thing on HMV online work? I pre ordered the revenant steelbook and put my CC details in it and shit, but it hasn't dispatched and it says awaiting payment.

Good luck with that. You're not getting it. They're "trying to locate stock" apparently but it's just bull. The only bloody reason I went with HMV was for the steelbook, if I wanted the standard Blu-ray I would have gone with a better company like Golden Discs.

Anyone here ever been an "Apple At-Home Advisor"? I've been accepted through the College Programme but I'm a bit unsure as to what doing the hours while in college is going to be like (thought I'd try it out for summer and the start of the year from September and see from there), anybody have any experience with it who could let me know what to expect?

Nerdkiller

Membeur
13325682_10153733875293207_5148839942046009028_n.jpg

Good luck with that. You're not getting it. They're "trying to locate stock" apparently but it's just bull. The only bloody reason I went with HMV was for the steelbook, if I wanted the standard Blu-ray I would have gone with a better company like Golden Discs.

They're not getting the steelbook at all? The fuck?

butzopower

proud of his butz
Maybe something some Saturday? Do people like board games? The Back Page has a bunch, and I think ping pong, darts, and maybe even a MAME cabinet.

danthefan

So help me god it better cool down again soon. It's just after 8am and my car is telling me it's 17 fucking degrees. On top of that, the humidity is awful. Cmooooon rain and coldness.

kavanf1

Anyone going to The Stone Roses gig next month? I'm heading home for a few days, couple of nights in Dublin then back to Galway. Hope the weather holds.

SuperHans

Anyone going to The Stone Roses gig next month? I'm heading home for a few days, couple of nights in Dublin then back to Galway. Hope the weather holds.

I'm going. I was at the one in Phoenix park a few years back (which was the day before the infamous Swedish house mafia gig) and it was great.

I live within walking distance of Marley park now which is savage.

I complained to HMV on facebook about the revenant steelbook and they said

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for your FB query regarding the Revenant Steelbook and our sincere apologies about this hold up

Unfortunately some of our stock arrived damaged and we were unable to attain any more units when requested which is why we had a delay in getting back to you.

In regards to your pre-book pre-authorisation, we will need to cancel any pre-authorisation transaction that is there at present with your bank as we do not accept any initial payments for any orders until they complete and ship out, this will then correct itself on your card very soon.

But I didn't know they got any in :( I got some 5 euro voucher codes, but still.

NateDog

But I didn't know they got any in :( I got some 5 euro voucher codes, but still.
I don't believe them, their Facebook page told me a different story (that I said in one of my last posts, that they couldn't guarantee this exclusive and lost out on it at the last minute). Both ignore the fact that the item stopped being up for pre-order on the site over 2 weeks before release. Bunch of liars.

Lunar15

Last name's O'Connell, so I guess that counts, even if I don't look Irish for the life of me. I'm probably way more German than Irish.

Did take a trip over to Ireland a few years ago, beautiful country, had a ton of fun. Dublin is great once you get into the outskirts and out of touristville. Tried to go to Galway, but it was during a huge horse race, so I didn't want to deal with all the traffic and crowds.

Disclaimer: I still did all the touristy stuff.

Podge293

How bad are we going to be in the euros

Gonna pull a Leicester and win it

Also I've a bridge to sell you.

Ah second round is possible what with the best of third places rolling through aswell. A lucky draw in the second round and we could truck on

Nerdkiller

Membeur

Yup. Popped into one today, and they pretty much admitted that they're not going to get in The Hateful Eight at all. Also, the Deadpool BD won't be there until Tuesday, I think.

NateDog

How bad are we going to be in the euros

To be honest I think Belgium, Italy and Sweden are all beatable. It's probably the most open group. Italy have a great record in tournaments despite a team that is getting on, but then again they have always had teams that have leaned towards a higher age and done well. Belgium are one of the favourites but I've never been convinced whenever I've watched them. Got some really talented young players obviously but they're not a very cohesive team and without Kompany they have a clear weakness at the back. Sweden or Ireland are obviously the weakest but Ibrahimovic with it being his last games for Sweden has something to prove and they do still have decent players like Kallstrom. Ireland have beaten better teams than themselves before, just get bloody Shane Long on from the start as well as Hoolohan.

Brady and Dunphy were some miserable cunts before the France-Romania game last night. Just non-stop moaning and negativity. Thankfully they had completely changed their tune after the end of the game. It's super obvious that Darragh Maloney cannot stand Eamon Dunphy. I love how frustrated he gets when Dunphy is spouting his shit.One of these days he's gonna snap.

Penguin

So heading here for a week today

Going to Dublin and Belfast (I know, I know!)

Anything I should make sure make time for?

Podge293

If the weather continues like it is today, plenty of time to dry your clothes cuz you're gonna get drenched.

In Dublin the Guinness factory tour is pretty class.

In Belfast if you can go to a hockey game. Unbelievable craic. Went there with the missus a few weeks back and had some unbelievable fun at it and we know nothing about hockey.

NateDog

Brady and Dunphy were some miserable cunts before the France-Romania game last night. Just non-stop moaning and negativity. Thankfully they had completely changed their tune after the end of the game. It's super obvious that Darragh Maloney cannot stand Eamon Dunphy. I love how frustrated he gets when Dunphy is spouting his shit.One of these days he's gonna snap.

Tbh they're always grumpy, especially Brady, I can't stand his sour puss and his endless defence of Trappatoni's time and whatnot. I actually really like Hamann though, I think he has a keen eye during matches and as a pundit.

Come on the Wales! I've said for a while I see them dicking England and I'm sticking with it.

Just got my sons foreign birth certificate from the DFA in the post. He's officially an Irish citizen like my wife! Now on to the passport paperwork.

Vagabundo

Apart from going out to pubs, loads of good ones, Porter house on Parliament street is one of my favs, I'd say Kilmainham Gaol is worth a visit. The Guinness store house is supposed to be good.

Get out to Bray walk around the Head if the weather improves and finish with some fish and chips.

Maybe out to Johnnie Fox's pub and do a bit of hill walking - just make sure it is dry-ish for that one.

NateDog

Got an apartment in Dundrum. Right beside the shopping centre too. Delighted.

just need the football to go well now.
Congrats! I would have loved one there, there and Churchtown are gorgeous. We still haven't gotten one and need to be out by this day next week. :(

Top Bottom