• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Hajime Tabata a "tensai"? (genius)

Nani the fuck is up with that thread title.
I was planning on getting sleep but it looks like neogaf will keep me awake again. Noyasumi. :(

Jotakori

This thread has made my day
CsAbMwZ.gif

raven777

Nani the fuck did omae just fucking iimasu about watashi, you chiisai bitch desuka? Watashi’ll have anata know that watashi graduated top of watashino class in Nihongo 3, and watashi’ve been involved in iroirona Nihongo tutoring sessions, and watashi have over sanbyaku perfect test scores. Watashi am trained in kanji, and watashi is the ichiban letter writer in all of southern California. Anata are nanimonai to watashi but just another weeaboo. Watashi will korosu anata the fuck out with vocabulary the likes of which has itsumonai been mimasu’d before on kono continent, mark watashino fucking words. Anata thinks anata can get away with hanashimasing that kuso to watashi over the intaaneto? Omou again, fucker. As bokutachi hanashimasu, watashi am contacting watashino secret netto of otakus across the USA, and anatano IP is being traced right now so anata better junbishimasu for the ame, ujimushi. The ame that korosu’s the pathetic chiisai thing anata calls anatano jinsei. You’re fucking shinimashita’d, akachan.

kore maji de suge

do explain

You know better than I that pronouns in Japanese work different than in English.

"Anata" is not exactly "you". Japanese go out of their way to avoid calling someone "anata". Either you use a real person's name or other words rather than using "anata". One of the things I adore about the Japanese language is the huge amount of pronouns and how you have to use them properly or you screw up big time. In that post in particular how do you address someone who you don't know to look down on them? I think that in this case "omae" would be more appropriate if you're replying to someone. Anata is more for people you kind of know and are angry at or if you're a woman and you are talking to your husband. I really don't think it works in this case.

MKIL65

Nani the fuck did omae just fucking iimasu about watashi, you chiisai bitch desuka? Watashi’ll have anata know that watashi graduated top of watashino class in Nihongo 3, and watashi’ve been involved in iroirona Nihongo tutoring sessions, and watashi have over sanbyaku perfect test scores. Watashi am trained in kanji, and watashi is the ichiban letter writer in all of southern California. Anata are nanimonai to watashi but just another weeaboo. Watashi will korosu anata the fuck out with vocabulary the likes of which has itsumonai been mimasu’d before on kono continent, mark watashino fucking words. Anata thinks anata can get away with hanashimasing that kuso to watashi over the intaaneto? Omou again, fucker. As bokutachi hanashimasu, watashi am contacting watashino secret netto of otakus across the USA, and anatano IP is being traced right now so anata better junbishimasu for the ame, ujimushi. The ame that korosu’s the pathetic chiisai thing anata calls anatano jinsei. You’re fucking shinimashita’d, akachan.

いいな〜

Resilient

You know better than I that pronouns in Japanese work different than in English.

"Anata" is not exactly "you". Japanese go out of their way to avoid calling someone "anata". Either you use a real person's name or other words rather than using "anata". One of the things I adore of the Japanese language is the huge amount of pronouns and how you have to use them properly or you screw up big time. In that post in particular how do you address someone who you don't know to look down on them? I think that in this case "omae" would be more appropriate if you're replying to someone. Anata is more for people you kind of know and are angry at or if you're a woman and you are talking to your husband. I really don't think it works in this case.

Dude you just gave that shit post/copy pasta a sequel. Thanks

"Anata" is not exactly "you". Japanese go out of their way to avoid calling someone "anata". Either you use a real person's name or other words rather than using "anata". One of the things I adore about the Japanese language is the huge amount of pronouns and how you have to use them properly or you screw up big time. In that post in particular how do you address someone who you don't know to look down on them? I think that in this case "omae" would be more appropriate if you're replying to someone. Anata is more for people you kind of know and are angry at or if you're a woman and you are talking to your husband. I really don't think it works in this case.

Would you say you might shoot yourself in the foot?

TokiDoki

Nai !

To me Tensai is one who creates Masterpieces like Hideki Kamiya(DMC) , Miyazaki (Dark Souls), Katsura Hashino (Persona) , Shoji Meguro(Persona OST) , Yoko Taro (Nier Automata) , Makoto Shinkai (arts) and so on

TeamSilentGroup.png

These are also a bunch of Tensais

casiopao

Nai !

To me Tensai is one who creates Masterpieces like Hideki Kamiya(DMC) , Miyazaki (Dark Souls), Katsura Hashino (Persona) , Shoji Meguro(Persona OST) , Yoko Taro (Nier Automata) , Makoto Shinkai (arts) and so on

TeamSilentGroup.png

These are also a bunch of Tensais

IRIARI!!!

The only tensai for me is HIFUMI Kono.

latest

Dark_castle

ubercheez has gone full japanese. Never go full japanese.

Your words hit me right in the kokoro.

via google translate:

田畑元は「テンサイ」(豚の顔)ですか? => Tabata is "sugarbeet" (pig's face)?

genius should be 天才.

dadjumper

via google translate:

genius should be 天才.

Sometimes katakana is used as a stylistic choice.

っていうか、なんだろうこのスレ

Crayolan

via google translate:

genius should be 天才.

That kanji is correct, but テンサイ is Tensai written out in Katakana, so it's not necessarily incorrect. The meaning is understood either way.

Also correcting grammar in a thread like this is kind of missing the joke

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I learned most of my japanese from playing video games, watching anime, and watching merchandising live action superheroes for children

Top Bottom