• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Nintendo getting the (alleged) Final Fantasy 6 remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sörine

Banned
So you're telling me that you think a (hypothetical) FFVI remake would get most of it's sales from a Nintendo platform?
I think it depends on what kind of remake it is exactly. I do think it could be most profitable by being "first on" a Nintendo handheld and then getting ported around to Android, Steam, etc.

Jigorath

Banned
Nah, he's right. And it's not about forbidding the act of fun.

I mean, if you don't like the conversation then you can just ignore it. I find it interesting to talk about this stuff. Multiple people have also discussed it as well so I guess they find it interesting too. Sure it's a lot of hypotheticals but whatever, discussion is discussion.

And that nofunallowed thing was a joke. Obviously.

I would love a DS style remake of FF6. I would also love a VIIR style remake. Basically I'd like any VI remake that looked like some effort of some sort put into it. This is why I do not like the iOS remake.

Neoxon

A 3DS remake would be nice (and not too big a commitment for either party). Just like what they did with IV would be fantastic.
Like the Wii U, the 3DS is sadly on its way out in favor of its NX counterpart. If this port is going on any handheld, it's the NX Handheld.

orochi91

It really wouldn't be that big of a deal to release on the NX family of systems and make it exclusive to those.

Not that I think it will happen.

If we're talking full blown remake, like FF7, then it won't possibly be NX/Nintendo exclusive.

But if we're talking minimal sprite overhauls like those in the 3DS/mobile releases, then sure, I can see it being exclusive.

KampferZeon

Neo Member
I know this is mostly Nintendo fans thread.

But for non Nintendo fans, it seems a pretty good logical conclusion that SquareEnix plan is after releasing FF7R on PS4 and if the sales are good, then FF6R, FF5R will be followed.

If we're talking full blown remake, like FF7, then it won't possibly be NX/Nintendo exclusive.

But if we're talking minimal sprite overhauls like those in the 3DS/mobile releases, then sure, I can see it being exclusive.

But your actual example would, in fact, be a full blown remake.

Why do you think Final Fantasy VI would be remade in the same fashion as FFVII? It was never a 3D, cinematic game.

I know this is mostly Nintendo fans thread.

But for non Nintendo fans, it seems a pretty good logical conclusion that SquareEnix plan is after releasing FF7R on PS4 and if the sales are good, then FF6R, FF5R will be followed.

"Nintendo fans", "non Nintendo fans"

Thank god I'm simply a fan of video games.

It was a pretty cinematic game. Just cinematic with sprites instead of CGI.

It was certainly the most cinematic FF game up to that point, yes. Not nearly as much as anything that came after though.

I'm not sure I'd be interested in an overhaul of this particular game on the scale of something like the FFVII Remake, but I suppose it could be done well.

jholmes

Oh yeah, a brand new IP is totally comparable to remake of one of the most beloved games in the franchise.

Great comparison.

So if you're clearly wrong and talking out of your ass the example is irrelevant?

Fuck it this thread has lost the plot. I could discuss an actual FFVI remake all day but this is clearly neither the time not place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom