• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is not vaccinating your children the most self-defeating, selfish thing you can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do numerous things every single day in our lives that "endanger" other people. Doesnt mean we get charged for it.

We also control numerous things every single day in our lives that would endanger other people. And do charge for it. So what's your point?

It's up there but "selfish" and "self-defeating" aren't strong enough words to describe it.

Sick, dangerous, disgusting and cruel are some more appropriate adjectives.

Dalek

I've seen plenty of people with the attitude that *everyone else* should be vaccinated but *not me* because it's an inconvience or "I never get sick"..

Glix

We do numerous things every single day in our lives that "endanger" other people. Doesnt mean we get charged for it.

Thats a bs argument. The idea here is that there is no downside and that you are endangering the child and other children for no reason.

Sure we endanger people when we drive, but society couldnt function without it so we compromise and accept the risk.

His post is aggressive but I find myself agreeing with it.

Toxi

Banned
Do most people disagree with the reporters stance at the end of this report?
https://youtu.be/p-sWZx6DOMM
It's intellectually dishonest and deserves scorn, much like linking to a propaganda channel.

Andrew Jeremy Wakefield lied in the original MMR vaccine-autism paper and lost his medical license for it, yet anti-vaxxers like that reporter (and yes, he is an anti-vaxxer) don't care that the entire foundation of the autism-vaccine connection is fraudulent.

Toxi

Banned
How is it dishonest?
The cbs news is propaganda fake news?
I asked a specific question about the reporters stance.
The reporter is being dishonest.

The information that was "put in the trash"? This is what the "whistleblower" William Thompson wrote about it.

"All the associated MMR-Autism Study computer files have been retained on the Immunization Safety Office computer servers since the inception of the study and they continue to reside there today.”

The entire William Thompson shit is also based on the flawed idea that a statistically significant correlation in a single study that was not replicated is proof of causation.

Forcing your stupid, dangerous belief on your kid is incredibly selfish, potentially harmful to other kids, and I wish it were national law to get all kids vaccinated before entering a school. Unless a doctor says they're allergic, no reason not to do it.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
not vaccinating your kids is one of the most selfish things you can do.

i think alot of people are kind of underselling the dynamics of how selfish and narcastic it is. forget the autism angle even if there was a link.

basically the rationale is its okay for me to not vaccinate my kid because everyone else's kids are vaccinated. its basically trading everyone else's effort while you are selfishly reaping the rewards of it.

imagine a scenario where a team of people all put in an effort to cultivate a farm everyone chipping in several hours of work for the bounty, however one person didn't raise a finger but then right at the end got the same portion as everyone else. this individual basically is a selfish prick.

vaccines-protect.jpg

basically the diagram each person that is not vaccinated benefits because most people are. its incredibly selfish.

The reporter is being dishonest.

The information that was "put in the trash"? This is what Thompson said about it.

"All the associated MMR-Autism Study computer files have been retained on the Immunization Safety Office computer servers since the inception of the study and they continue to reside there today.”

I want to make sure i follow you.
You still havent address the reporters stance my main question.only picked a portion. If i have a classroom assignment thats on my computer and dont turn it in (publish it) are those two things the same? No. You also tried to dismiss cbs as propaganda fake news.

zeemumu

No.

Attempting to psychologically harm your ex who no longer cares is the most self-defeating, selfish thing you can do.

Wow. You scare me lol

Sorry, I just don't take it lightly when people risk their kids' lives and the lives of other people's kids based on junk science and superstitious nonsense.

People have literally died from lack of vaccinations. This isn't some strange "what if" kind of situation. There is no wiggle room, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't need my daughter contracting diphtheria or some shit (yes, she's vaccinated, but no vaccine is 100%, and the best way to avoid contracting a disease is to avoid exposure) because an idiot parent didn't bother looking past the Facebook posts of another idiot parent to see if their bullshit post was true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom