• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this real ? Benoit found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW. If there was one wrestler I didnt expect to die an early death, it would be Benoit. He didnt seem to be into drugs or anything like so many others. This is pretty shocking, more so than Eddie, IMO.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Big-E said:
They wouldn't go to that length.

Well, whatever length they go to, I won't believe it until a reputable news source confirms it.

RBH

Life can be really ****ing unfair.

One of my favorite wrestlers of all-time is now deceased.

God, this is so horrific.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
WTF this is FOR REAL?! Oh my god....

I loved Benoit, he was flippin awesome. One of my favorite wrestlers growing up. This is ****ing crazy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Benoit is my favorite wrestler ever. This is just godawful.

End this retarded McMahon angle now. It's trivializing to everyone who has actually died in the business.

I am in shock here, honestly!

I cursed the guy for not appearing at the show last night.... I feel bad. If the world has Benoit then this is bad for everyone. If the whole thing about his family dieing is correct, then that is crazy.

Of course, if it is a lie by WWE then that is ****ing stupid of them... if it is not a lie then the whole Vince is dead angle has just backfired on them.

There is so much wrong with all of this right now :(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i bet you the mcmahon death angle is going to be written off, for sure.

wow... this is horrible. The raw after eddie's death was so sad...

bjork

If they do a 10-bell salute and Vince isn't out there, it'll tell you that they're gonna carry that story on anyway, wouldn't it? I guess we'll see in about 90 minutes.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wow really f*cked up news

oh man...

I was just going through wikipedia on all of my old favorite wrestlers a few days ago and was amazed at the # of deaths. I knew of most of them, but it's really an epidemic within the industry.

I hope this is fake, but I really doubt it. Regardless, I'm very disgusted by McMahon even doing the fake death thing. If there's another entertainment industry more associated with untimely deaths than wrestling, I don't know what it is. Joking about it is in extremely poor taste.

My condolences.

:(

newsguy

Wow, I have never followed wrestling and I know exactly who Benoit is. This is aweful if true. Is pro wrestling cursed? So many of these guys die so young.

wtf? I read the title, was sad, then went down a bit, saw some people questioning if it was real, now im thinking it was real, and am sadder than before.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Oh shit!!!!

I am thinking tonight will be a Benoit tribute show instead of the McMahon Memorial as as planned. I met Chris waaaaay back in the day at a WCW houseshow in an arena that sat like 1,500 people. He was so nice to everyone, signing everything posing for pics, just a super nice guy that had time for everyone it seemed. This is even when the road agents were trying to get him out of there.

Well, now he can join his best friend Eddie. I am going to have to watch the Chris Benoit DVD tonight. That is what WWE should do, play the entire DVD on the air tonight instead of Raw.

unomas

Banned
Benoit dead, thats pretty crazy. The guy was like the second coming of the dynamite kid, it's terrible that this happened to him and his family. It just shows you how fragile life can be and we should live every day like it's our last.

J2 Cool

This ****ing sucks. I come home from work yesterday, and my dad calls me. Let's me know one of my older brother's best friends, a good friend of mine, died last night in his sleep. A kid my family knew as long back as I can remember. I come home really screwed up, and find out former Cubs closer Rod Beck died watching Cubs postgame. My friend being a massive Cubs fan. And now this? The entire family? Sick.. RIP.

Triumph

Banned
I still want to see a link from a reputable news source. This is ****ed up.

I met Benoit once when I was working at the Atlanta airport. He wandered into the shop I was running, I looked up from something I was reading and there he was. He was really cool and easy to talk to, I told him how awesome I thought he was and how I wished that he would get another run with the title.

:(

FatalT

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
I am honestly not understanding how this could not have hit the AP wire if it is legit by now.

The AP probably doesn't know whether to believe it or not, either.

GilloD

Banned
First Weird Al's parents, now Hulk the Giant. For real, get SOME CARBON MONOXIDE detectors. Treat them like smoke detectors, just go out and make it happen so no one else has a silly time dying.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I'm surprised that people are expecting WWE to not go on with the Vince angle. They won't progress it tonight, for sure, but I'll be shocked if they can it altogether.

Madman

FatalT said:
Vince McMahon better speak about this.
He better be the first face I see on Raw.

It was said during the PPV that Benoit was not wrestling due to "family issues." Wrestling insider sites were saying that he had family issues well in advance of the PPV airing, but said that he should have been back in time for the PPV, which didn't happen. I won't speculate.

R.I.P. Benoit and family.

WMXXBenoitGuerrero.jpg

bjork

PWTorch.com can confirm through sources that Benoit's death is real and not part of a worked WWE storyline.

^ dunno how legit torch is, though.

I haven't watched wrestling in nearly 8 years but if this is true then...damn. If this isn't true then **** Vince McMahon and the WWE.

fallout

GilloD said:
First Weird Al's parents, now Hulk the Giant. For real, get SOME CARBON MONOXIDE detectors. Treat them like smoke detectors, just go out and make it happen so no one else has a silly time dying.
Would someone please post a source on this?

Aretak

OokieSpookie said:
I am honestly not understanding how this could not have hit the AP wire if it is legit by now.
Probably because non-wrestling fans just don't care about wrestling, and think it's all fake. You really can't expect the news of a wrestler's death to be run on the front page of a major news site as if it's a huge event. I'm sure the stories will come in the next few hours/days.

Horrible news though. I don't want to believe it myself. :(

unomas

Banned
I'm curious as to how the crowd is gonna react tonight at Raw? Will they think it's a work and boo? With all this McMahon death garbage going on they might think it's a work if it just happened and most of them are on the way to or already at Raw. That would just come off horribly on TV.

Crateman

GDGF said:
I'm going to suplex someone three times in a row as a tribute.

+1

And I'm going to hand out a Crippler Crossface to everyone that says "Hi!"

---

Sad news indeed. But I still need to see more confirmation.

Raistlin

Uber Player said:
carbon monoxide leak from their oven =\

If true ... all that money ... and they never installed a $15 carbon monoxide detector :(

It's like hearing stories of families that died in fires, and the likely reason they didn't get out was because they didn't change the battery in the smoke detector >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom