• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this real ? Benoit found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

VisionaryQuest0 said:
They're pretty legit unfortunately.... :(

How legit is wikipedia:

Death Angle

On June 25th the WWE announced Benoit and his family to be dead, but it has been confirmed this is part of the 'murder' storyline that has also taken Mr. McMahon's "life".

:\

GDGF

Soothsayer
bjork said:
How legit is wikipedia:

Death Angle

On June 25th the WWE announced Benoit and his family to be dead, but it has been confirmed this is part of the 'murder' storyline that has also taken Mr. McMahon's "life".

Wait, what?

No offense but if it was carbon monoxide, that is a bit shadey after Benoit had to rush home to GA and skip a PPV for a family emergency.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
bjork said:
How legit is wikipedia:

Death Angle

DIE MCMAHON
for real this time

NekoFever

If this turns out to be a storyline, what little respect I have for the WWE is going out the window.

If it's real, RIP.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm still waiting for some kind of legitimate confirmation before letting myself get too worked up. Shame on the WWE and that stupid Vince death angle for making me second guess this. With the family mentioned in the statement, though...

Darko

havent watched wrestling in years but he was always one of my favorites, i hope tog god this isnt part of some ****ing storyline

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Aretak said:
Probably because non-wrestling fans just don't care about wrestling, and think it's all fake. You really can't expect the news of a wrestler's death to be run on the front page of a major news site as if it's a huge event. I'm sure the stories will come in the next few hours/days.

Horrible news though. I don't want to believe it myself. :(

I would think at least the local news agencies would pick the story up, but nothing. So far, the only place it's being reported is the WWE website, various wrestling websites and random edits on Wikipedia.

Reading this thread is making me believe it's true, but then looking at the circumstances and the fact that only wrestling sites and WWE are reporting this is leading me to believe it's a fake.

FatalT

Banned
I really think this one is the real deal. If it's not then I'm sending angry e-mails to WWE. I still stand by my statement that you do NOT fake death. Isn't that actually illegal? I don't care if it's in the entertainment industry and it's just a storyline. Faking death is faking death.

I would think the whole "anyone can edit it" thing would keep anyone from believing anything on wikipedia that can't be confirmed elsewhere.

sucks if he is dead, especially if it's from something like a carbon monoxide leak.

Anyone can edit Wikipedia, and most likely it is even a couple people that are posting here that are among those doing it.
Sooner or later they will lock the page for a while so it can not be updated.

thefro

bishoptl said:
I'm still waiting for some kind of legitimate confirmation before letting myself get too worked up. Shame on the WWE and that stupid Vince death angle for making me second guess this. With the family mentioned in the statement, though...

Dave Meltzer is legitimate confirmation. They told the wrestlers backstage he was dead... that's way too ****ing sick even for Vince to do if it was a work.

fallout

GilloD said:
About Weird Al's parents? He gave that weepy interview on TV and everything
No, about Benoit and the carbon monoxide. A couple people have quoted it now and I've yet to see any kind of source on it.

bishoptl said:

I don't think I'll believe any of it until RAW starts. Seeing the reactions of Jim Ross and King, I'll know *sadly* that it's true.

GilloD

Banned
fallout said:
No, about Benoit and the carbon monoxide. A couple people have quoted it now and I've yet to see any kind of source on it.

Oh. That one I don't know. I was just saying. Go get CPR training and a CM detector

It is the fault of the McMahon crap and other storylines that would keep legit sources wary of posting.
The McMahon storyline already pissed off the fbi and many news sources.

GSG Flash said:
I would think at least the local news agencies would pick the story up, but nothing. So far, the only place it's being reported is the WWE website, various wrestling websites and random edits on Wikipedia.

Reading this thread is making me believe it's true, but then looking at the circumstances and the fact that only wrestling sites and WWE are reporting this is leading me to believe it's a fake.

If the WWE was faking it they wouldn't make it so sparse. They would joke it up like with the Vince thing with all sorts of impossible details and quotes and such. That story on the site reads like a real news article with just breaking news.

bjork

If this is a story and someone's going around "killing" superstars... that shit is better suited for comics, like the guy called Scourge that Marvel had in the 80s. I'm all for toying with the fans, but only to a certain extent, and using death as a means to pop a rating (if that is the case here) is just shitty desperation, and whoever okayed it is a ****.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
WTF is up with so many wrestlers dying? Seriously?

As much as I want it to be a part of an angle....even the WWE wouldn't be this brazen. Benoit was always one of my favorites. This sucks :(

for **** sake, i keep crashing then hoping its not true. This is what happeneds when you pull all the stunts the wwe has, no one knows what to believe. I would hope, vince would never do this as an angle.... but then does anyone else remember Vinny wanting to do the shamrock.incest angle all those years.
Can somone please post a link pointing out why they think Benoit and his family dies from carbon monoxide.

Aretak

GSG Flash said:

For me, the most telling thing is the removal of any reference to Vince's death on the WWE site. That was never really played for anything more than theatre, with numerous re-runs of the "tragic event" itself. For them to just drop their current major storyline and swerve to this doesn't make any sense. I don't blame people for being suspicious though... this is the worst possible timing with the Vince death angle going on.

Jesus...

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Aretak said:
For me, the most telling thing is the removal of any reference to Vince's death on the WWE site. That was never really played for anything more than theatre, with numerous re-runs of the "tragic event" itself. For them to just drop their current major storyline and swerve to this doesn't make any sense. I don't blame people for being suspicious though... this is the worst possible timing with the Vince death angle going on.

Jesus...

Maybe this is what Vince gets for doing that storyline? Karma's a bitch, eh?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
bishoptl said:

With all the contacts Meltzer has, he would know if it is legit or not. But as someone posted earlier. AP and legit sources are not going to jump on this unless they are sure. The fact they are getting rid of the McMahon memorial should let you know it is legit. With Vince's ego, you know he wouldn't change a show about himself to a show about Benoit. I truly do not think this is fake. WWE wouldn't even do that. Chris missing a show for any reason is out of character, so you know something legit had to be going on yesterday.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
ManaByte said:
Maybe this is what Vince gets for doing that storyline? Karma's a bitch, eh?

Please don't belittle this death as part of payback for an angle. All angles are fake, this death is very real. I am pretty disgusted you would even post something like that.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah dudes. AP, etc, isn't going to jump into this all willy nilly like wrestling journalists would. That's the reason why there isn't any coverage of this elsewhere yet, I'm certain.

Chris Benoit Vs Elijha Burke, AKA Benoits last match, is just about to air one Sky Sports right now, of course so is the whole Vince angle :(

I am recording it :(

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
dskillzhtown said:
Please don't belittle this death as part of payback for an angle. All angles are fake, this death is very real. I am pretty disgusted you would even post something like that.

I wasn't trying to belittle it at all. I just was saying that maybe Vince deserves to face the fans and say something after Benoit's death and face up that he may have gone a bit to far with his own faked death storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom