• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

is this real ? Benoit found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatalT

Banned
After Vince McMahon's "death" I'm choosing not to believe this until an actual news agency does a report.

Apparently it is real, it was on other outlets before WWE put up the statement.
He missed the PPV because of an emergency family situation in Georgia and then this...

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=29025

Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy, and their son were found dead in their home this afternoon. Circumstances surrounding their death are being investigated by local authorities.

The news of their deaths has just been confirmed on WWE.com.

The news is devastating to all who knew him and words can't describe what I'm thinking right now.

RAW tonight will be a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family.

Holy shit.

Yeah this is a pretty bad time for shit like this to go down.

RIP Benoit. You were one of the best :(

GDGF

Soothsayer
I hope this isn't true.

(and stuff like this is the reason WWE should never do crap like the Vinny Mac death angle)

Two deaths since this bullshit McMahon crap story.
Sherri was sad but this is just ****ed up and they BETTER do more than just a stupid picture somewhere in the second hour.
This is really sad.

FightyF

Banned
This may seem lame to you guys, but I seriously have to step away from teh computer to collect myself.

This is horrible.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Unless this is on CNN or some other reputable news source, it's a fake, just like the content they show on TV.

Rorschach

OMG wtf!

I was just thinking about Benoit and that thread about him never being anything more than a midcard sell. Now I guess he'll never get a chance. :(

LakeEarth

This is horrible.

I dunno why everyone is talking murder, it doesn't say anything about that in the article. Sounds more like a carbon monoxide thing.

Triumph Dolomite 1300cc said:
There's gotta be a reputable, non-wrestling link on this if it's true, right? Right?

:(

It's not on google news yet....

If true wow. First Eddie and now Benoit. Poor Wrestling.

bjork

It would be bizarre if this were fake and somehow tied into the Vince angle, but I kinda doubt they'd do that... I hope?

FatalT

Banned
This is starting to piss me off. We all know that wrestling is fake but they CANNOT fake peoples' deaths. I ranted in the Vince McMahon thread but I knew for sure that was fake. Now that they're pulling this stunt, I'm really starting to get pissed off about this wrestling story line garbage.

bjork said:
It would be bizarre if this were fake and somehow tied into the Vince angle, but I kinda doubt they'd do that... I hope?

No way it's fake in that sense.

Either it's true or it's some amazingly bad screw up on their part.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Eddie_Benoit-Champions.jpg

RIP

bjork

FatalT said:
This is starting to piss me off. We all know that wrestling is fake but they CANNOT fake peoples' deaths. I ranted in the Vince McMahon thread but I knew for sure that was fake. Now that they're pulling this stunt, I'm really starting to get pissed off about this wrestling story line garbage.

Part of the hook in wrestling is blurring the line between fantasy and reality. But with stuff like this... it's better left alone, I think. The Vince death angle was bad enough, but ... well, either way, this news is sucky.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i dunno, dedicating the whole raw to Benoit, they havent done that since Eddie died. Besides that Chris didnt have anything to do with the McMahon angle. Id lean toward this being true. which sucks :(

Edit:

Furthermore, all the stuff surrounding the faux McMahon death angle has been removed from the front page.

Fatalah

I don't see why the WWE would break a story like this during the off-air hours. That would be crossing the line of decency.

So many wrestlers have died in the last few years, the WWE would be cruel if they were lying about this.

If the whole family is dead this looks like a case of a gas leak :(

EDIT:
Uh oh, nevermind. This could be more complicated than a gas leak.

twnpnews had this yesterday:

The word we received earlier today is that Chris Benoit had to rush home to Atlanta, GA. last night due to a family emergency and that he missed the WWE show in Beaumont.

We don't have much for details at this time other than it is touch-and-go right now as to whether or not he'll appear at the Vengeance PPV tonight.

The last word we got was that he's expected to make the show, but it's not a guarantee at this point. We'll keep you updated.

Meier

1 story showing up on Google News now from Pro Wrestling Insider.. saw this at another board before I saw it here. Very sad.. the Crippler Crossface was a favorite of mine when I cared about wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom