• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is "Wii HiFi" Nintendo's next console?

jax (old)

Banned
AniHawk said:
whoa, jax said something negative about something not made by sony? what is this world coming to?

well, what did you expect from a thread about HDwii? You want a pic of my disconnected wii?

AniHawk

Jax said:
well, what did you expect from a thread about HDwii? You want a pic of my disconnected wii?

and i'll need it on my desk by tomorrow morning or you're FIRED.

wait, tomorrow's the weekend.

just get it to me whenever.

Caj814

2guzccp.jpg

Now that's out of the way. . .

I'm wondering if real,will more 3rd party developers will take it more seriously,especially when it comes to getting motion control mechanics down perfectly.

IrishNinja

yeah, 10 pages of "prolly BS but..." and i got inspired.

that said: yeah, 360 tech is old, especially for PC kids hoping nintendo was somehow gonna go 1080p at 60 FPS or something, but you're telling me a nintendo console @ 720p with a real attempt at online (let's go nuts and say more classic controller integration to bring more devs around, while we're at it) wouldnt interest you? fuck outta here; go check the dolphin/wii emulation thread. even Wind Waker at 720p is fucking lovely.

gogojira said:
The same can be said for other consoles, honestly. I remember hating the name Xbox until I got used to it. Tacking on "360" was lame, too, but once again, it grew on me.

I still hate that.

They all suck. That doesn't change anything that I said.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
I like the sound of it. Wii HiFi got my vote but they'll probably only mention it/give some very basic informations about it. The highlight of the show will be the 3DS.

Morokh

Well Gameblog is written by some of the oldest and most respected people in the French videogame journalism community, but it has been some time now that they have sink in a bad habit of tabloid-like news, and reporting rumors, that I even suspect are reported right from GAF.

Yeah, strangely enough some of their most recent news about rumors just poped-up like 12 hours / a day before on GAF and you could find some remarks in those news that were kind of the exact translation of some of the user's comments from this forum ...

It seems this time that it's GAF that is late to the party :D but considering their recent history I'm seriously worried about the last inch of credibility they still have ...

otmane

Gameblog is very close to many french developpers, David Cage (Fahrenheit/Indigo prophecy, Heavy rain...) for instance has a blog on their site and comes to their podcasts.
They get many insights from these french developpers and most of them are true, so I tend to believe this rumor!
I hate the name though...

wazoo

I would not be suprised by a new Wii next year, with just these few infos this year. With Move and Natal, MS and Sony are tied not to release anything soon, so Nintendo would be basically free next year after the 3DS this year.

As for the announcement, Wii first infos was only "looks loke 3DVD together, can play old game, is very quiet", so do not expect anything soon. Maybe, the new controller, or whatever at TGS or GDC, full reveal next year.

I bet they call any Wii upgrade the Wii Plus, just like Motion Plus and Wii Fit Plus!!!!!!!!(exclamation marks continue forever)

mehdi_san

The other rumor they posted on the same day was 100% correct (Rez 2): they had the final name (child of Eden), the concept line (spiritual successor), the editor (ubi), the change in camera (1st person), the format (ps3 360), the presentation at ubisoft's conference. There really was someone who spilled all the details to them. So if they say that some developers are working on the new wii, that online will be important, (...), I believe them. Whoever leaked the info was clearly wrong about the announcement at e3 though...

camineet

Banned
mehdi_san said:
The other rumor they posted on the same day was 100% correct (Rez 2): they had the final name (child of Eden), the concept line (spiritual successor), the editor (ubi), the change in camera (1st person), the format (ps3 360), the presentation at ubisoft's conference. There really was someone who spilled all the details to them. So if they say that some developers are working on the new wii, that online will be important, (...), I believe them. Whoever leaked the info was clearly wrong about the announcement at e3 though...

Alright then I'll try to believe them too :D

Eteric Rice

I wouldn't doubt that their next console is in development. Wii will be 5 years old in a few months, and we got the successor to the DS after it was 6 years old.

So yeah, probably late next year.

Eteric Rice said:
I wouldn't doubt that their next console is in development. Wii will be 5 years old in a few months, and we got the successor to the DS after it was 6 years old.

So yeah, probably late next year.

4 years - end of 2006, not end of 2005.

camineet

Banned
here's when we knew each of Nintendo's console were in development starting with the 16-bit era:

SNES - 1988/1989
N64: 1993
Gamecube: 1997
Wii: 2004

That discounts things like Gamecube2 which would've been in development by 2002.

Morokh said:
It seems this time that it's GAF that is late to the party :D but considering their recent history I'm seriously worried about the last inch of credibility they still have ...

I guess that was the last of their credibility it seems, a shame that the console would have been nice.

Reallink said:
I think an announcement like this would probably throw a pretty big wrench in PS360's 10 year plans, or whatever in the hell people are hoping for.

No it wouldn't. All such a console would do for Nintendo is allow them to get in on a lot of the big third party games. The games aren't going to be disappear suddenly on ps360, owners aren't going to trash their systems for the brand new Wii. And it remains to be seen how smooth Nintendo's online network would work for their new system. This is a big part of why people are getting ps3/360 over wii, more so than graphics IMO.

mehdi_san said:
A) Mielke was telling everyone

B) What he didn't tell was known for literally a year.

Top Bottom