• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is "Wii HiFi" Nintendo's next console?

MrDaravon

Seems fairly reasonable, I'd be pretty pleased if true. It banks on the Wii name it keeps it similar, and being "on par" with the 360 is perfectly fine with me considering that the 360/PS3 are unlikely going anywhere soon, and good 360 games like mighty fine already. Only thing that makes me really skeptical is the big online component; would be amazing if true, but Nintendo has been so ass-backwards with online that they're going to have to prove me wrong and have something actually in my hands for me to believe it.

I think it's pretty unlikely they'll announce anything, but if they did, it'd likely be a sort of stop-gap maneuver to deflate Natal and Move. Which could start to look like more viable alternatives if the software shows well.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
szhred said:
I used the words because i had seen them on youtube.com. There was i guy BreakingNYC that sometimes made fun of "trolls". And he said for example, to the trolls: "Ray, thats just stupid and fake and gay" and that was funny.
Watching the tool known as RayWilliamJohnson is even more offensive than your use of the word "gay".

Anth0ny

borat_high_five-2500.jpg

HIGH-FIVE!

Please let this be real. Not the name, but Wii HD.

WillyFive

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I still can't figure out why people actually care what a game system is called.

I can't believe you don't.

That is one of the most important things in marketing a product.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'd be ecstatic if Nintendo's next console was anywhere near as powerful as a 360. I always felt that Nintendo was mostly right about graphical fidelity and diminishing returns, but they unfortunately happened to be one generation early.

Fugu

Stumpokapow said:
Oh yeah, good point, katakana do have a diacritical mark to make "Fi". Hmm.
For English Fi, they usually use ファイ although there's always フィ as in fee.

The 360 tech will be old as fuck by the end of next year. I'd be surprised if it contributes more than $40 to the price of the console now.

Step your game up Nintendo.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
toasty_T said:
The 360 tech will be old as fuck by the end of next year. I'd be surprised if it contributes more than $40 to the price of the console now.

Step your game up Nintendo.
Rumor from a French site I've never heard of. Let's not get crazy.

I'm going cruising down to the malt shop in my '64 T-Bird.
Then me and my rapscallion buddies are going to play some hi-fi records!

What a swell night!

Mithos

Fugu said:
But his games... they have graphics, right?

I mean, I love Zork, but there's only so much Zork I can play.

Yeah but he might not care if the graphics are 1080p on the PC or 480p on the Wii, he think its just as good game still. And the reason why you only can take so much of Zork the lack of "pretty graphics"?

You should then just learn how to enjoy games, without focusing on the graphics IMO.

I picked Forgotten Sands on Wii instead of PS3, because I liked the Wii version better, spite its "lack" in pretty graphics.

cacildo

Is it confirmed fake already? Cause if its real.... i sure hope it works with Wii´s remote.

Cmon, i have 3 wiimotes already. There´s 100billion wiimotes in the world. It would nice from nintendo to keep the same controller

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
E3 is too awesome. I don't really like the name. Nintendo's conference is going to be interesting.

Somnid

Well I think it's complete bullshit, but the name is definitely something Nintendo would do as it's simple and has multiple meanings. However, I've seen so many products named this that they'd never be able to trademark it.

BowieZ

Banned
cacildo said:
Is it confirmed fake already? Cause if its real.... i sure hope it works with Wii´s remote.

Cmon, i have 3 wiimotes already. There´s 100billion wiimotes in the world. It would nice from nintendo to keep the same controller
I sincerely hope that the Wii controller still works but that they need Motion + or something... presuming that M+ becomes standard/built-in with the Xii controller.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Continuing to support non-M+ controllers for a new Wii would be ridiculous, except maybe for backwards compatibility.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
okay, fine. whatever. but this potential news just makes me realize how a-okay i am with how games look now, and how nonplussed i'll be by incremental graphical upgrades with new systems.

yawn

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I love me my Wii, but it's time for a Nintendo game to actually output at a res that's even close to a modern tv or monitor. it really, really is.

I don't see Nintendo releasing another hardware so soon, so I guess it's the sequel to Wii Music. Now with HI-FI sounds instead of horrible midi.

WillyFive

Rez said:
I love me my Wii, but it's time for a Nintendo game to actually output at a res that's even close to a modern tv or monitor. it really, really is.

And I should get an HDTV to enjoy it!

(when they drop price)

trinest

This thread has kind of ran away on itself- but reading the OP, I think its clever like Wii- you know Hi five sort of thing.

I doubt its real- but at this stage if its is real then I'm not angry- clever, clever name.

seady said:
Doubt it. Why would they announce a system 18 months before release? To kill Wii's sale and let 360/PS3 catch up more quickly?

The reason why the Wii and PS3 announced so much earlier before they came to market was because their competitor (Microsoft) planned to release their system a year ahead of them.
This is the most convincing argument I've heard as to why this is all rubbish. I agree.

Reallink

SailorDaravon said:
Seems fairly reasonable, I'd be pretty pleased if true. It banks on the Wii name it keeps it similar, and being "on par" with the 360 is perfectly fine with me considering that the 360/PS3 are unlikely going anywhere soon, and good 360 games like mighty fine already. Only thing that makes me really skeptical is the big online component; would be amazing if true, but Nintendo has been so ass-backwards with online that they're going to have to prove me wrong and have something actually in my hands for me to believe it.

I think an announcement like this would probably throw a pretty big wrench in PS360's 10 year plans, or whatever in the hell people are hoping for.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
From my perspective, this sort of period immediately before E3 lends itself to lots of rumours and speculation. People just need an outlet to channel their excitement. This thread, like the 3DS speculation thread, will probably be locked down for the end of the weekend as people start having something... uh, actual to talk about.

Stumpokapow said:
From my perspective, this sort of period immediately before E3 lends itself to lots of rumours and speculation. People just need an outlet to channel their excitement. This thread, like the 3DS speculation thread, will probably be locked down for the end of the weekend as people start having something... uh, actual to talk about.

Noooo.
Not my 3DS thread.
:(

jax (old)

Banned
Well they better do a HD console because after playing a few games (in particular, my purchase of dead space extraction made me unhook the wii from my television. Not gonna subject my vision to that appalling mess

Top Bottom