• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Zelda: Spirit Tracks really coming this Dec. 07? The least hyped zelda in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
upandaway said:
I'm going to ignore the rest of the post and only go with this for now.

False. Lies. Absolute bullshit. No puzzle at all that requires any thought? Well, screw you too man, maybe you're super smart and I'm super stupid, but whatever. You're going way too extreme to prove your point.
How am I going to extreme to defend my side of the arguement? By using actual examples from the game?

Try this: instead of insulting me, why don't you defend your point with examples of Twilight Princess's puzzles being more than basic distractions.

$200

Banned
KeeSomething said:
How am I going to extreme to defend my side of the arguement? By using actual examples from the game?

Try this: instead of insulting me, why don't you defend your point with examples of Twilight Princess's puzzles being more than basic distractions.
Well I for one stucked at the part with the large fan in the Sky Temple. That has never happened with any other dungeon in a 3D Zelda game including water temple from both OOT and MM.

Handheld Zeldas should be considered separate entities from console Zeldas. Separate, and besides Link's Awakening, much worse. Phantom Hourglass is not a good game, even by non-Zelda standards. That's why there's no hype for the new handheld Zelda.

$200

Banned
FutureZombie said:
Handheld Zeldas should be considered separate entities from console Zeldas. Separate, and besides Link's Awakening, much worse. Phantom Hourglass is not a good game, even by non-Zelda standards. That's why there's no hype for the new handheld Zelda.
But Oracle of Age is my favourite handheld Zelda game =(

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
if anything like what some of you described happens in a zelda game, i will quit the Zelda franchise and Nintendo.

just.... terrible. seriously.

Mana Sin

speedpop said:
I hope the next Zelda game revolves around a trucking business.

No, the next game will be based around Roc's Travel Agency. Link will be a pilot traveling the world looking for baddies, as he dodges around airborne enemies trying to keep his engines free of gore.

Mana Sin said:
No, the next game will be based around Roc's Travel Agency. Link will be a pilot traveling the world looking for baddies, as he dodges around airborne enemies trying to keep his engines free of gore.

When I say that this is exponentially superior to your earlier ideas, despite being a joke, I mean it.

Hell, I'd go so far as to suggest that you're a viral marketer hired by Nintendo to make their horrible ideas for Zelda games seem less horrible.

"A train? What the hell was Nintendo thinking?"

"But wait, this other guy, he has even worse ideas than that! Compared to this, a train based Zelda game seems like a great idea!"

Vercingetorix said:
When I say that this is exponentially superior to your earlier ideas, despite being a joke, I mean it.

Hell, I'd go so far as to suggest that you're a viral marketer hired by Nintendo to make their horrible ideas for Zelda games seem less horrible.

"But wait, this other guy, he has even worse ideas than that! Compared to this, a train based Zelda game seems like a great idea!"
A train-based Zelda is a great idea. Whether or not this will translate into a great game will depend entirely on the execution, which we know next to nothing about.

People are hating on the train idea because it doesn't fit with their idea of the medieval fantasy world people think Zelda is about. People think it's all magical swords, forests and mountains and all that jazz. Which it is. Thing is, it's also a world where cannons, gunpowder, telephones, photography and steam engines have all been worked out and applied. A train isn't that big a leap from a steamboat.

Let's try to not pre-hate this game, shall we? For all we know, this game could be the greatest Zelda game to come along in ten years.

Mana Sin

Vercingetorix said:

Well, I haven't even mentioned any of my cross over ideas (If SE and Disney can do it..) and my role reversals.. Link is evil, Ganon is good/neutral.

cha-ching.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Mana Sin said:
Well, I haven't even mentioned any of my cross over ideas (If SE and Disney can do it..) and my role reversals.. Link is evil, Ganon is good/neutral.

cha-ching.

I dont think that would work out so well, but maybe have a twist that makes ganon your best friend but then gets consumed by power... make him a more sympathetic characters

leroidys

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Retro Studios should just create a Zelda game in 3rd/1st person. I think they have talented artists that could make Hyrule or whatever land they create look awesome.

Joke post? I'm pretty sure its been discovered that they were working on a 3rd person game where you play as zelda that got canned. :( :(

Mana Sin

amtentori said:
I dont think that would work out so well, but maybe have a twist that makes ganon your best friend but then gets consumed by power... make him a more sympathetic characters

Reset LoZ entirely.

Zelda, Link and Ganon are close friends who grew up together until one day, they stumble across an old series of caves and tunnels leading to a strange altar. Atop that altar is a floating set of triangles. As the three of them reach out to touch the odd golden shapes, a blinding light erupts from them and all goes black.

When they awaken, they find themselves in Zelda's house/castle and decide that they must have been dreaming. Time moves on and they notice on their own time that whenever they experience intense emotion, a peculiar symbol appears on the back of their hands. Things between Link and Ganon become increasingly tense as a rivalry over Zelda's affections intensifies. One night, things go too far and the two begin getting physical until Zelda attempts to stop them. Ganon, furious because he sees her selfless act as her choosing Link over him, attempts to strike poor Zelda until Link shoves him away.

Blindingly furious still, Ganon goes off on his own to brood. Soon after a mysterious woman with technicolor hair appears beside him and begins to tell him of the great power available to him and how he could be a legend. Ganon laps this up, as he hopes to seduce Zelda with his fame and power.

Later on in the game we'll see instances where Zelda and Link attempt to restore sanity to their friend, and remove the corrupting influence of the Triforce of Power.

Zelda will have a much more active role in this game, because she sees Ganon as a friend and wishes to help him. The final battle will not result in Ganon's death, but in his release from the shackles of the Triforce. The final cutscene will show the Triforce (the entire thing) being cast into the sacred realm and the 'Fin' scene will show a happy Link Zelda and Ganon sitting under a large (deku)tree watching the sunset.

beelzebozo said:
because i mean, if you found MARIO GALAXY boring or a retread of past mario games, then i think you're not only wrong, i think you're fucking nuts and should rethink your positions. all of them. even those not concerning video games.

Really? You didn't at ANY stage get a Mario 64 vibe from Mario Galaxy?

REALLY?

While Galaxy is a fuck awesome game, to say it bares no resemblance to Mario 64 is far more ludicrous than calling Galaxy a retread.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
2 Minutes Turkish said:
Really? You didn't at ANY stage get a Mario 64 vibe from Mario Galaxy?

REALLY?

While Galaxy is a fuck awesome game, to say it bares no resemblance to Mario 64 is far more ludicrous than calling Galaxy a retread.

did i say it bore no resemblance whatsoever to 64? i said it was completely stupid to call it a retread, and it is stupid to do so. i don't see the logic snag in that.

beelzebozo said:
did i say it bore no resemblance whatsoever to 64? i said it was completely stupid to call it a retread, and it is stupid to do so. i don't see the logic snag in that.

Fair enough, it's not TOTALLY a retread, but to me personally I enjoyed the game so much BECAUSE it felt a lot like Mario 64 with better graphics and the spherical world twist. I also found it easier to get stars which helped for me. :lol

So I CAN see why SOME would look at it as a retread. Mostly people who probably didn't enjoy Mario 64 all that much.

D-Pad

upandaway said:
I think that point in the game, I was absolutely broken. It's just so frustrating how the game doesn't show any forgiveness for how long it takes to retrack to minibosses and bosses. There aren't any shortcuts besides key doors (rare), you have to do every single puzzle. The main problem is that this is a portable game where you don't have all the time in the world.
I want to feel this way again.

Mana Sin said:
Reset LoZ entirely. [...]

You forgot the shocking twist where Link confesses his true feelings for Ganondorf. Why not go all the way? :p

Windmill

Banned
$200 said:
But Oracle of Age is my favourite handheld Zelda game =(
Same :D Oracle of Ages was an amazing game, by all gaming standards. Seasons was also quite good too. Ages is definitely up there in my top 5 Zelda's. My list would probably go like this;

Ocarina of Time (how cliche of me)
Majoras Mask
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Seasons
Four Swords Adventure (with 3-4 players)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Should I be spanked if I said that I owned both Oracle games for years yet never seriously touched them?

I've even been mulling over playing through the entire Zelda series in one fell swoop. Perhaps to wash away the guilt aforementioned.

Mana Sin

I adored Ages and Seasons. It's kinda funny how I didn't even fully realize that you could jump passwords back and forth between the games for even more win. Blew my pre-teen mind, and led to hours upon hours of fun.

Also, that strange sound you hear as the boss enemy starts dissolving when you kill it always would fill me with a strange sense of pride and accomplishment. Good times.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Dragona Akehi said:
You only worked that out just now?

:/

I've always given folks the benefit of the doubt before... but I've never quite "gotten" the notion that a good bulk of the "OCARINA IS THE BEST EVER" folks are exactly the same as the scary "FF7 IS THE BEST RPG EVER" folks.

Now I see it.

The world has become a darker place for us all.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
A train-based Zelda is a great idea. Whether or not this will translate into a great game will depend entirely on the execution, which we know next to nothing about.

People are hating on the train idea because it doesn't fit with their idea of the medieval fantasy world people think Zelda is about. People think it's all magical swords, forests and mountains and all that jazz. Which it is. Thing is, it's also a world where cannons, gunpowder, telephones, photography and steam engines have all been worked out and applied. A train isn't that big a leap from a steamboat.

Let's try to not pre-hate this game, shall we? For all we know, this game could be the greatest Zelda game to come along in ten years.
Wait...a reasonable...post wtf... gtfo with your sanity and logical thinking bs.

AniHawk

DavidDayton said:
I've always given folks the benefit of the doubt before... but I've never quite "gotten" the notion that a good bulk of the "OCARINA IS THE BEST EVER" folks are exactly the same as the scary "FF7 IS THE BEST RPG EVER" folks.

Now I see it.

The world has become a darker place for us all.

The Ocarina folks have a little more sanity on their side. They're just living in the past. OoT once was the best ever, and TP has surpassed it. FFVII was never the best RPG by any stretch of the imagination.

speedpop said:
Should I be spanked if I said that I owned both Oracle games for years yet never seriously touched them?
Such good games, had both at one point (only one now, ages) and played through them several times. Did the connect-game thing too.
Go play them:D

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
AniHawk said:
The Ocarina folks have a little more sanity on their side. They're just living in the past. OoT once was the best ever, and TP has surpassed it. FFVII was never the best RPG by any stretch of the imagination.

True, but now the Ocarina fans are all starting to look like FF7 fans. That's the problem.

Oh well... it could be worse... they could be the "LTTP > LA" crowd. (shudders)

upandaway

D-Pad said:
I want to feel this way again.
Why? There isn't anything challenging in it. It's just you spending time going to a boss, messing up a bit and dying, then doing it all over again even though you proved you could do it before. The puzzles were mainly platformer-centric with changing your locations and it was horrible to do them time and time again with no reason to do so besides having not managed to beat the miniboss/boss on the first time (which is totally reasonable in this game).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DavidDayton said:
True, but now the Ocarina fans are all starting to look like FF7 fans. That's the problem.

But... LTTP is better than LA.

jman2050

DavidDayton said:

Just thank the lucky stars that we don't have an Ocarina of Time: Advent Hyrule CG movie, Crisis Zelda: Ocarina of Time, a Wii spinoff action game starring the running mailman or a complete next-gen level CG cutscene of Navi flying through Kokiri Village looking for Link.

Actually, that last one would be pretty sweet thinking about it...

AniHawk said:

I enjoy your line of thinking. I think I'm going to subscribe.

DavidDayton said:
(pats you on the head)

Oh, indeed. LTTP was far better than LA. You are quite right.

(cough)

Link's Awakening is one of those games I liked but will never understand the mass love for, much like Majora's Mask.

speedpop

DavidDayton said:
(pats you on the head)

Oh, indeed. LTTP was far better than LA. You are quite right.

(cough)
I'm actually playing through Link's Awakening once again and any comparison between the two is so beyond the mark. Sure they are directed by the same guy and it's practically the same team who made it, but it's like people trying to compare OoT vs. MM
apples vs. oranges!
. Both games are too different to really have any sound argument between differences and/or which is the better game.

DavidDayton said:
Wait a minute... are you saying LA isn't a sequel to LttP?

I've started a playthrough of LA thanks to GAF's recommendation. I'm up to the second dungeon and it's really good so far. It's also surprisingly creepy at times
like when cursed-Tarin-as-a-raccoon laughs at you saying that you'll get lost in the forest thanks to him

speedpop

Wait till you come across the animals who are stoned out of their mind. I swear the team must have had a huge brainstorming session where it went, "how far can we push the envelope on Zelda with this game?"

AniHawk

Link's Awakening was the first game I beat that had that much text in it. It kinda blew my mind when I was a kid (I'd only played SMB, SMB 3, and Atari 2600 games until then).

I first played ALttP in 2000, 2 years after I'd played LoZ, Zelda II, and Ocarina of Time, and 6 years after Link's Awakening. Boy was that underwhelming. I need to play through it again, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom