• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Zelda: Spirit Tracks really coming this Dec. 07? The least hyped zelda in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan-ts

Vercingetorix said:
EmCeeGramr, you'll find no argument there :lol

Out of curiosity, why do people keep having these crazy suggestions for Zelda games? Obviously you'll get crazy suggestions on an internet forum no matter what.

But why Zelda?

If you want Nintendo to make some kind of weird modern day setting political drama or whatever, why the hell shouldn't be an original IP? Why does it have to involve the triforce and Hyrule and whatnot?

Nintendo didn't just give Mario a sword, put him in a medieval fantasy setting and call it "The Legend of Mario." They made a new IP, because it was obviously the right thing to do.

They didn't put Link or Mario into an Arwing and call it StarZelda. I don't see why so many Nintendo fans seem to think they should never make an original IP ever again.

Your blasphemy is regrettable but expected. Perfect Dark is great, but it most certainly isn't Goldeneye 007.

I want Zelda to be a catholic school dating sim.............

I want to be wrapped in Professor Link's strong arms.

I want to feel the loving touch of Vice Principal Zelda

I want to run into Janitor Ganondorf and be punished for sneaking around after hours.

I want to hear the sexual undertones as the Fairy Queen throws a sloppy joe onto my plate.

Most of all, I want to live....
You don't think I'm fucking serious?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i always kind of liked TheGrayGhost. at least his posts were interesting, even if they were occasionally nuts.

Vercingetorix said:
Out of curiosity, why do people keep having these crazy suggestions for Zelda games? Obviously you'll get crazy suggestions on an internet forum no matter what.

But why Zelda?

i don't know if this is directed at me, but i'll address it anyway. the answer is that some people see the concept and ideas behind zelda as stronger than its setting. in other words, "zelda" is not necessarily dependent on hyrule and castles any more than mario is dependent on mushroom kingdom. wind waker proves this, i think: its unique setting is perhaps its strongest asset, not a liability. and as i detailed in my earlier posts, there would be distinct advantages to removing it from that setting and making it something drastically different. it's something that only a deft, very talented hand could manage, but i think this series is in the hands of many people with just such talents, so i see no reason not to encourage risk-taking.

besides, for someone who earlier in the thread was bitching about the monotony of nintendo retreads, you sure want the status quo when it comes to this topic.

Mana Sin

ryan-ts said:
I want Zelda to be a catholic school dating sim.............

I want to be wrapped in Professor Link's strong arms.

I want to feel the loving touch of Vice Principal Zelda

I want to run into Janitor Ganondorf and be punished for sneaking around after hours.

I want to hear the sexual undertones as the Fairy Queen throws a sloppy joe onto my plate.

Most of all, I want to live....
You don't think I'm fucking serious?

I picture it more as Link being the geeky kid with only a handful of friends, Zelda would be a foreign exchange student or the child of a rich foreign ambassador. Ganon would be the principal. The three goddesses would be professors, and the school nurse would be the Fairy Queen.

ryan-ts

Mana Sin said:
I picture it more as Link being the geeky kid with only a handful of friends, Zelda would be a foreign exchange student or the child of a rich foreign ambassador. Ganon would be the principal. The three goddesses would be professors, and the school nurse would be the Fairy Queen.

That does sound better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom