• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS orders female genital mutilation in Mosul for ages between 11 and 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can try to act like i'm not judgemental. But this is retarded. This needs to stop.
Any person who think this is right for whatever reason is on the wrong side of right.

Surely there comes a point when the civilians need to stand up and fight them themselves? If anybody tried to do this to my daughter, sister, wife or mother I would kill them. Regardless of the repercussions.

i really dont understand this, no female muslim i know is circumcised, everyone knows it has no basis in islam yet recently in the last few years the cases are increasing. its mainly in african culture but its spreading to other muslim areas, they wernt doing it before they know its wrong so why are they doing it now?

i really dont understand this, no female muslim i know is circumcised, everyone knows it has no basis in islam yet recently in the last few years the cases are increasing. its mainly in african culture but its spreading to other muslim areas, they wernt doing it before they know its wrong so why are they doing it now?
Likely influence from Islamic State militants [from the areas] between the Horn of Africa region and South Egypt.

clem84

Gold Member
I'm always being told that it is a minority of muslims that behave in such F up manner but, their number seems to be significant.

2San

I'm genuinely disgusted. Who's funding these guys?

I'm always being told that it is a minority of muslims that behave in such F up manner but, their number seems to be significant.
There are a lot of Muslims so a minority is still a lot.

beast786

So why did god made it in first place. I don't get the logic behind cutting part of flesh out in god name, when it's the god who made it in first place?

Earl Grey

Banned
Holy shit, this is so disgusting and I assure there is not single word in Quran and Hadith that enforce or talks about genital mutilation, its banned in islam because its an alteration of god creation

ISIS bring that shit out of their asses

I'm just really glad people are actually paying attention to how horrible the situation is and not making overdone, low hanging fruit, Archer references.

rjinaz

So why did god made it in first place. I don't get the logic behind cutting part of flesh out in god name, when it's the god who made it in first place?

It has nothing to do with god, even tough I'm sure that's what they say. Probably something about a life trial or putting your selfish pleasure before god blah blah blah. All it really is though is about being able to control women. What happens if these women refuse? They probably die. Total control. You would think having what amounts to slaves would be good enough but they also need to brand their women in the genitals as well.

Ah..

The UN are making up lies against the Islamic State then it seems.

This is not true at all.

Like the stories about churches being burnt the ground last week. It's BS!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ah..

The UN are making up lies against the Islamic State then it seems.

This is not true at all.

Like the stories about churches being burnt the ground last week. It's BS!

It's good kobashi is finally here to inform us about what's really going on.

Do you have any sources or should we take your word just because?

3rdman

Trying to extract logic from anything related to religion is a fool's errand...there is nothing that is sane about this. Sadly, they see women as mere possessions and if you snip the clit, the hope is that they never cheat...it's wholly moronic and sadistic.

Mr-Joker

Banned
First of, there's no such thing as "female circumcision". It's mutilation, nothing else.

Not a medical procedure, just an attempt to control female sexuality born out of superstitition and misogyny.

So the answer is obviously no.

Can the same be applied for males? Since to me it feels like it as I was far too young to agree to it.

It's good kobashi is finally here to inform us about what's really going on.

Do you have any sources or should we take your word just because?

The UN are using a fake, forged fatwa people. Not the first time they made up stories.

Like when they claimed sunni imams were being killed.

Barzul

No please don't let this happen. It makes sex painful for this women not to talk of childbirth and the emotional scarring which is even worse. It's practiced in some parts of my country and it is disgusting. 4 million women, God no. Who can realistically stop them?

Siegcram

Can the same be applied for males? Since to me it feels like it as I was far too young to agree to it.
There are cases where a circumcision on male genitalia is necessary from a medical perspective. Like paraphimosis.

In all other cases I'd say it's also mutilation of a child "justified" by tradition.

Azulsky

It is applied though there may be only tradition and misguided knowledge about disease motivating the practice for Males.

FGM is clearly about male domination. It does nothing for the female except induce pain reduce pleasure.

FGM is described as necessary by the communities that support it as being part of their culture. There was a big special on NPR about it a few weeks ago maybe. They interviewed Maori women who were defending the practice. It was like listening to interviews with a brainwashed North Korean citizen.

The motivation seems to be reduction in physical pleasure for the woman. The extreme examples must make childbirth insanely difficult as if its a walk in thr park anyway.

Mr.Sumal

This is actually forbidden in Islam. Anyway, really hope these guys can be rid of.

it is Haram. I truly hope for the poor women in northern Iraq that it doesn't happen.I have no clue why some communities in HOA and ME practice FGM.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
isn't female mutilation banned by the quran? (that's what google says at least)

The quran, like any other holy book, speaks lowly of plenty of vile (and non vile) acts. That doesn't mean that said practices are not done on the regular by some (or many) of its followers.

In before not true Scotsman etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom