• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS orders female genital mutilation in Mosul for ages between 11 and 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake fatwa.

You wanna believe this story then go ahead. Please ask the UN for there credible sources.

Bs_SqteCUAAeNBt.jpg

Bizazedo

Realistically, what can we expect to happen that will prevent this?

Nothing. The West is not in the mood for any wars at the moment after the long time in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not to mention the drama with Russia.

No one will object to hoping / wanting to prevent it in this thread, but, make a thread, separately, calling for western (or any) intervention to stop ISIS. People will strenuously object due to a myriad of reasons.

Fake fatwa.

You wanna believe this story then go ahead. Please ask the UN for there credible sources.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bs_SqteCUAAeNBt.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
There is an individual that brought this forward, you can ask her (she does work for the UN).

What tells you that this is fake?

[quote]Speaking to BasNews, a spokesman for Mosul police, Ahmed Obaydi, said: "Baghdadi's decision to have all women circumcised is, as he claims, to prevent immorality and promote Islamic attitudes among Muslims. The decision was made by Baghdadi as a 'gift' for people in Mosul."

The decision has, however, sparked outrage by human rights organisations, who said that genital cutting exposes women to an increased risk of disease.
[url]http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/iraq-islamic-state-leader-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-orders-female-genital-mutilation-two-million-1458152[/url]
[/quote]

Mr.Sumal

Fake fatwa.

Bs_SqteCUAAeNBt.jpg

What does that declaration say? I truly hope that this forcing fgm is fake. No one should be forced into FGM. I kept refreshing AJE and I dont see a new story on this.

Earl Grey

Banned
Fake fatwa.

Bs_SqteCUAAeNBt.jpg

what is written here is totally wrong and the hadith mentioned here is weak and there is no basis on it, it is even contradict what the quran said about this.

the only true thing about this is the fatwa being old, its a year old now

And i thought people will not defend this.
I'll be damned if this is fake and all, and got my ass cheated or something, but if this real, fuck em i say. Give them prison and let them suffer, and see if their "god" will save them from their actions.

I don't really see the point of sex if the woman isn't enjoying it.

Here's hoping the Iraqi government and neighboring states accept any refugee who wishes to flee such barbarism.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
One would assume they'd be too busy caring about improving the lives of people instead of thinking so much about vaginas.

Suen

residents in Mosul including including a doctor, journalists and tribal leader have said it's not true.
Some residents in Mosul were also applauding ISIS when they took over the city. Tribal Sunni leaders in Mosul forged an alliance with ISIS in an attempt to undermine the central authority like they've been constantly trying to do post-invasion in Mosul and Anbar. You might as well use some contradicting Da'esh source to deny that it's going on. I hope it's false but you'd need a better source than a bunch of potential terrorist supporters.

Btw why haven't you joining the ISIS ranks yet? You seem to defend them so much in most threads.

Jon Armdog

Why do these extremists hate women so much? :/

The power to create life. Hot shots in sweet boss robes have always been wicked jelous about it. Don't hone in on the deities' powers, ladies! Especially since the gatekeeper to that power is Mr. Pope/Cardinal/Imam/Supreme Leader...

Hollycat

What a horrible thing. Who does this even benefit? I'm pretty sure most men would like to see genitals that aren't torn to pieces, and I'm positive women would prefer to be able to enjoy sex.

So why? why why why why why?

Jon Armdog

Isis is significant ?
Yes, very. ISIL has major cash and manpower. Depending on near future Islamist group politics (other groups switching alligiance from Zawahiri to Baghdadi), they could replace AQ as the big kids on the block. That seems to be up in the air right now

Keio

For a Finer World
What I find disgusting is that this medieval bullshit is happening. Looking at the world which is going through it's most peaceful era, how do we end up with forced mutilation, genocide in Gaza and the shooting down of MH17? Fucking absurd and it makes me angry.

TUSR

Banned
I overheard a conversation about this form mutilation when I was about 6 years old, and its still burnt into my brain. Disgusting.

As someone who came from a Muslim family, this the first time in my life I have heard of such terrible practices. After doing some research its actually "haram" in Islam.

They just took the weakest hadieth they could find and made it a law, the irony for their state name.

What a horrible thing. Who does this even benefit? I'm pretty sure most men would like to see genitals that aren't torn to pieces, and I'm positive women would prefer to be able to enjoy sex.

So why? why why why why why?

I think part of it is to make sex not enjoyable for the woman, the logic being painful sex == not gonna sleep around.

Mind you they let Christians leave. Shia are killed on the spot.

This is not Islam at all, they're basically taking what they want and rejecting what they hate. In real Islam such practices denounce your faith, again its ironic considering the name of their state.

Mr.Sumal

Well that can't be right. Unlike the Arabic version the English version of Al Jazeera is a well respected and trusted news source. They'd never post articles that may be dubious.

Al Jazeera has not seen the original decree. However, other news services reported it had been issued on Wednesday.

I guess AJE is just reporting on what others said.

Not true at all.

Please show us where Shia civilians are being killed on the spot.

Not milita, show us the mass killings of Shia civilians.
[...]Iraq’s Christians are Assyrians, known as the Church of the East, or Chaldeans, an Eastern rite of the Catholic Church that broke away from the Assyrians. Yazidis, ethnically linked to Kurds, practice a 4,000-year-old religion that centers on the Peacock Angel. Shabaks have ethnic ties to Kurds, Turks, and Persians; the majority are Shia and the rest are Sunni. A majority of Turkmen, of Turkic ethnicity, are Sunni, and the rest are Shia.

These religious minority groups, concentrated in the Nineveh Plains surrounding Mosul, have been historically marginalized. Many of their communities are now flashpoints in the ISIS battle against Iraqi government forces. ISIS and its extremist Sunni precursors have largely targeted Shabaks and Turkmen who are Shia, not Sunni.

The laws of war ban all parties to a conflict from targeting, intentionally damaging, seizing or destroying religious, cultural and historic properties, provided they are not used for military purposes. Freedom of belief and religion itself is a fundamental human right, and under international law there can be no derogation, or partial suspension or repeal of the right, in times of conflict or state of emergency. Under the laws of war the convictions and religious practices of civilians and all detainees must be respected. Discrimination on the grounds of religion is strictly prohibited.

Murder of civilians, taking hostages, and the torture or killing of detainees, including captured combatants, as well as pillaging, constitute war crimes.

ISIS has also targeted Iraqi police and security forces, many of them Shia, ordering them to “repent” at designated mosques in Mosul and the nearby city of Tal Afar for following state law rather than Sharia (Islamic law), or face death. Under that threat, hundreds of security officials and soldiers have “repented,” local residents told Human Rights Watch. But a relative of one Mosul policeman told Human Rights Watch that he fled instead after learning that two of his fellow police officers, both Shia, were found dead in late June in Mosul even though they had “repented” a few days earlier.
[...]
http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/07/19/iraq-isis-abducting-killing-expelling-minorities

I'm curious if you have some romantic notion of this caliphate shit.

It would be appreciated if you could provided sources for your earlier claims too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom