• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ISIS releases video purporting to show Islamic State killing 21 Egyptian Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadkill Kelly

Neo Member
I wonder if any hostages avoided being beheading by joining ISIS, wouldn't surprise me..as I just don't see them being able to recruit all that effectively from 1st world countries.

Just keep the area contained and cut off arms supplies in the region

They are anti tech, let them dry out

Hard part will be cutting off arms supply who's funding them anyway? >.>

it said the ISIS are fighting the gov with Ansar al-Sharia, that doesn't mean they are the same... Ansar al-Sharia has condemned the act
The Islamic militias has a direct connection with the Muslim Brotherhood, it's document and their fall in Egypt under the Egyptian people proved their link with the Islamic militias as evident by the tongue of it leaders when they said the whole Egypt will be under fire and their will bombs and blood.

Whenever the Muslim Brotherhood looses the militias that are supposedly not linked to them jump to aid, it's not a coincidence it's a fact.

Seeing how the Muslim Brotherhood hates the criticism of ISIS since they objected the coalition forces striking ISIS and tried to justify the Jordanian burning.

This only proves that the Muslim Brotherhood are the head that links those radicalism and gave birth to Al Qaida, ISIS and many more

To speak with a language that ISIS understand cut the head and the body will die, so stop the MB and radicalism will die.

Mrmartel

Banned
I wonder if any hostages avoided being beheading by joining ISIS, wouldn't surprise me..as I just don't see them being able to recruit all that effectively from 1st world countries.

Peter Kassig, James Foley and Kayla Mueller all converted to Islam. It didn't save their necks or from being executed.

They are actually pretty good at recruiting from first world countries, especially when you think of the distances involved and security/eavesdropping/spying one needs to avoid to get to the Islamic state.

Yka

img54e0b5f005b4a.jpg

"The source of the picture is not known or verified." Link

Mrmartel

Banned
img54e0b5f005b4a.jpg

No, oh my god. Just no.

This just had to be the next disgusting step up for them. Why burn just one and a man at that, with all these women and children around.

fuckin Nazis

edit* fake? thank god

http://800whistleblower.com/content/uploads/2015/02/img54e0b5f005b4a.jpg[/MG]
"The source of the picture is not known or verified." [URL="http://800whistleblower.com/just-when-you-thought-isis-couldnt-get-any-more-despicable-they-find-a-way/#"]Link[/URL][/QUOTE]
Just when you think they couldn't go any lower...

Lamel

Banned
img54e0b5f005b4a.jpg

uuhhh I hope that's not real.

These people are legit sociopaths. My god. How can you live with yourself if you carry that out. What are you even trying to send as a message. It boggles my mind that people in their ranks don't object to this at least a little bit - this is truly savage. But I guess they would be afraid too.

Edit: This pic isn't real? Well that's good.

No, oh my god. Just no.

This just had to be the next disgusting step up for them. Why burn just one and a man at that, with all these women and children around.

fuckin Nazis

At this point, they are really asking for the world to come and decimate them. What kind of madness is this.

Lamel

Banned
At this point, they are really asking for the world to come and decimate them. What kind of madness is this.

I really am hoping for a legit military operation against them from the regional powers. Enough is enough. They are killing innocents in the most psychopathic ways, and tarnishing the reputation of muslims throughout the world.

Betty

Banned
Do you really think its funny to make a sarcastic joke at the expense of children and women about to get burned alive?

It's not a sarcastic joke, the charity group wanted to raise awareness and, for better or worse, they did get attention to their cause.

I really am hoping for a legit military operation against them from the regional powers. Enough is enough. They are killing innocents in the most psychopathic ways, and tarnishing the reputation of muslims throughout the world.

Fucking Putin will not let it pass.
It's not a sarcastic joke, the charity group wanted to raise awareness and, for better or worse, they did get attention to their cause.

Oh, sorry for jumping on you. My bad. The picture will make it through the mines of social media and twittersphere and for better or for worse, will probably work against ISIS.

Mrmartel

Banned
That picture is a disgrace from that charity. But I think it says something that even from my reaction, I could believe them delving into this kind of depravity.

That's how little humanity I think ISIS has.

leadbelly

Banned
I got curious after reading this comment and decided to watch the video.

It's not just slow-mo, nah, that's not sick enough...they play it in reverse, so you can see all the parts of his head/face come back together.

Shit is fucked up. It's like the guy/people doing the editing are really proud of it. He even catches the shotgun in slow-mo...

Yeah. Like I said, it's as if they did it as a form of entertainment. This goes beyond simply being Muslim extremists. It makes you wonder what their idea of god is. Clearly they must think this kind of thing is acceptable to their god. This is not simply killing as a punishment, this is killing people for pleasure. Surely there is something quite 'satanic' about that from a religious perspective?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Not just them, anybody affiliated also...

Bingo.

Jahbat Al Nusra, Muslim Brotherhood etc. etc. are the same and follow the same Sunni ideology as ISIS.

The only difference is ISIS has had a bit more success for various reasons but whether Al Qaeda in Iraq or the Muslim Brotherhood they all follow the same ideology of hatred against those who don't follow their religion. Christian? Kill him, or maybe we'll negotiate a tax deal after we take your wife and daughters. Shia? Off with his head. Gay? Throw him off a building.

I was called a bigot last year for calling out the Muslim Brotherhood. They are one in the same as ISIS in view and ideology. Hopefully the Egyptian military continues to hunt them because radical Islam is a threat to all secular societies and all religious minorties.

Give the Muslim Brotherhood this power in Egypt and Christian Coptics are will follow the same fate as evident in tweets from high ranking members justifying these actions.

Just watched it not long ago, I wonder what it will take before Obama, Cameron & Putin etc decide to do something, it is like they are scared to do or say anything.

I think the time has finally arrived for this

Q13bKCu.gif

Yeah, let's indiscriminately murder thousands of people who may not be connected to ISIS... good idea. For a big person, you a have little brain.

Bingo.

Jahbat Al Nusra, Muslim Brotherhood etc. etc. are the same and follow the same Sunni ideology as ISIS.

The only difference is ISIS has had a bit more success for various reasons but whether Al Qaeda in Iraq or the Muslim Brotherhood they all follow the same ideology of hatred against those who don't follow their religion. Christian? Kill him, or maybe we'll negotiate a tax deal after we take your wife and daughters. Shia? Off with his head. Gay? Throw him off a building.

I was called a bigot last year for calling out the Muslim Brotherhood. They are one in the same as ISIS in view and ideology. Hopefully the Egyptian military continues to hunt them because radical Islam is a threat to all secular societies and all religious minorties.

Give the Muslim Brotherhood this power in Egypt and Christian Coptics are will follow the same fate as evident in tweets from high ranking members justifying these actions.

It's beyond that. These people are raising families with these beliefs. There are plenty of videos out there of children doing the executions or playing with the severed heads of people....The ideas these people have will continue to live on because they aren't simply ideas, they are a way of life. They truly believe their ideology is that of how you are suppose to live...How do you stop that?

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hate is at an all time high for the "terrorists" in the US of A, if you catch my drift. Live in Florida btw, i hear a lot of shit. Yeah these ISIS guys apparently want to sink the Islam boat for the rest of em.

Mrmartel

Banned
Bingo.

I shook my head at the people on Gaf supporting the Muslim Brotherhood at the time, they are no different than ISIS and are actively supporting them now, with Money and men. They are all on the same playbook. The Coptics would have been destroyed by the Brotherhood. Under Sisi the Coptics along with other minorities are as safe as they can be in that part of the world.

It's crazy how it all turned out really. That at the beginning of the Arab Spring, Egypt of all places would've been a stable country with a return of a Mubarak style dictator. While the countries around them descended into Islamist chaos.

aliengmr

Just keep the area contained and cut off arms supplies in the region

They are anti tech, let them dry out

Hard part will be cutting off arms supply who's funding them anyway? >.>

This is the problem, and, what I believe to be a solid reason for the US not going in full force. ISIS is, in various ways, supported by the countries in the Middle East, either directly or indirectly, in the past or presently.

ISIS is essentially the culmination if the ME leadership (heads of state, religious leaders) fucking around and US involvement. ISIS wouldn't be what it is if it weren't for all the proxy wars, double dealing, and radicalization before Bush went in there and booted out Saddam.

Fortunately or unfortunately ISIS is fucking nuts and are threatening more and more countries in the region. If the US gets involved, they will focus on us. They stop being a threat to the entire region, the US takes the losses with a token effort from the region, and the Middle East goes back to doing the same shit that got us here and blaming the US for everything.

PopeReal

We need boots on the ground to wipe those shit stains out.

Going to be a tough sell. Iraq kind of wiped out most of our enthusiasm for another war.

It is too bad all those armies in the region are mostly sitting there doing nothing.

Medieval savagery from ISIS. Their cruelty and villainy ought to be causing the Arab world to have a rethink about ultra conservative Islam, but the problem is the secular Arab states have done terrible shit themselves and are no beacon of hope for anyone. What a shitstorm.

quaere

As someone who strongly opposed the Iraq War...I would have no problem with the US committing ground forces to this fight.

Saudi Wahhabism fucking up countries since the 80s. Pakistan then, Iraq now. That country is an ideological cancer on the wider Muslim world.

Boots on the ground would only give IS an erection. Recruiting would be bolstered by the presence of American soldiers and other terrorist groups might take the opportunity to attack those soldiers.

Countries in the region will need to provide the ground troops; the U.S. should stick to air support.

goomba

Banned
ISIS are just baiting the west, like Al. Queda before them. The more the west invades and bombs their people, the easier it is to radicalise and grow the islamic state support

Saudi Wahhabism fucking up countries since the 80s. Pakistan then, Iraq now. That country is an ideological cancer on the wider Muslim world.
Wahhabism is not political movement, they don't want to be involved in political matters but they want to control religious matter the have their pros and cons but they are not aiming to rule
Otherwise Saudi kingdom would've stopped them as they stopped the Muslim Brotherhood.
If it was a Sunni vs Shia groups then Saudi would've supported the Muslim brotherhood since they are Sunnis instead they declared the MB as a terrorist groups.

What's happenings here is a radical religous group with a political wing and a armed wing, if this political group takes want they want no harm done if they loose even fair and square they armed groups stared creating havoc.

They are similar the Iranian Wali Al Faqih political group, their center is in Iran while their militias like Al Hoothies and Hezboallah are scattered in Area they want to control.

Muslim Brotherhood and Wali Al Faqih despite their religious differences are politically aligned since they have a common enemy and trying to seize control of the countries one way or another.

Lamel

Banned
What is your alternative? Allow them to continue doing these things? Wait for Middle Eastern countries to deal with it themselves?
I think that this is the best way. We can provide them with air support and what not, but the main operations have to be carried out by middle eastern powers.

Trago

Boots on the ground would only give IS an erection. Recruiting would be bolstered by the presence of American soldiers and other terrorist groups might take the opportunity to attack those soldiers.

Countries in the region will need to provide the ground troops; the U.S. should stick to air support.

Exactly, we're already sinking money into air strikes, let the surrounding countries fight them off.

goomba

Banned
What is your alternative? Allow them to continue doing these things? Wait for Middle Eastern countries to deal with it themselves?

Islamic state say they are taking these actions as revenge for the bombings and loss of their people. Stop killing them, stop supporting corrupt puppet governments and they won't hate you so much.

Support the official armies of these middle eastern countries despite their corruption, don't support a particular government or groups support the armies, Iraq is a big example of how dismantling the army led to the vacuum that created ISIS. The prominent demand of the people in the Middleast now is not freedom, its safety.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I dont believe in that "let the middle east figure it out" talk.

I believe we should destroy them while they are still "small".
ISIS is an ambitious group, shit they want fucking statehood, lets get rid of them before they run a country and its tougher to get rid of them.

KingK

I dont believe in that "let the middle east figure it out" talk.

I believe we should destroy them while they are still "small".
ISIS is an ambitious group, shit they want fucking statehood, lets get rid of them before they run a country and its tougher to get rid of them.
They are as big as they can get right now. They can't expand in any direction without facing an army that could wipe the floor with their ass. The problem is nobody else wants to occupy their lands right now. Unless you want the US to be occupying half of Iraq and Syria, I'd say yeah, let's let some local forces deal with it.

We can provide support for any somewhat reasonable force in the area willing to occupy that region, but having us do it wouldn't solve anything in the long run unless we occupy it indefinitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom