• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It will be required an Internet Connection to install Star Wars: Outlaws

Draugoth

Gold Member
Pre Orders for the game are available

GKvCsT7a0AAddnu

GKvCuMyacAABrEe

Last edited:

Fredrik

Not true. There was a recent survey that showed that a lot of physical games (I think it was over 85-90%) didn't require internet or a day 1 patch to be fully playable.
Everything is patched for months now. In a couple months you have no interest to play the day 1 ”fully playable” version.

Still doesn't change the fact that a lot of games are fully playable day 1 without patches. This narrative that discs are nothing but coasters that contain only a download code is horse shit.
It’s uncommon. And becoming more and more unlikely that they contain the entire contents of the game on disc. Which we all know.

And let’s not pretend that any coming printed on disc contain any of what is usually quite the hefty Day One patch. As nice as it is to physically hold a copy of a game you own, there’s no getting around it.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

Thoughts and prayers for anyone living in a cave.

Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF
Again with this same stupid shit...You people are exactly the problem.

It's not about having internet,most of the world and in particular the people playing these games have internet ofc, that's not the issue here,the issue is the fact that you have absolutely no control or ownership over the product you buy with your own hard earned money.

They control how you install it,how you play it,soon enough they'll control whenever you pause the game to take a shit to spring in a commercial about their next garbage release.

At the end of the day,why should a 70$ singleplayer offline game NEED an internet connection to install it?

Are they acknowledging they are so inept and they can't release a complete product day 1 that they need a 50gb patch to fix the garbage they peddle or do they really want to make sure they can track your every movement and make sure you ain't ever going off the grid with their product?!

Either way,Ubisoft can eat a bag of dicks for this and they can take it digitally since they so prefer it.

mister rogers middle finger GIF

Last edited:

Fredrik

Still doesn't change the fact that a lot of games are fully playable day 1 without patches. This narrative that discs are nothing but coasters that contain only a download code is horse shit.
I know but release day discs are no working preservation solution to get the games you played and loved years ago, those days are over.

Goalus

Before I switch on my Xbox, I usually switch off my internet router and disable the data connections on all mobile devices in my household. How will I be able to play the game then?

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
This is why physical games are dead. I used to be all physical, but it's now pointless when all you're getting is a code on a disc to download the game.
One shitty practice by a shitty publisher isn't indicative of what other published games are like.
When I read comments like this they translates to
" Yeah sure! fuck me in the ass please"
Justifying by saying it's all the same when it's not, just because you prefer Digital is another shitty practice.

Laptop1991

i'm not even buying their Assassin Creeds anymore due to their awful attitude towards gamers and so called customers that they treat like this and i always buy the AC games, no idea how Ubisoft makes money now, another avoid title for me.

intbal

Will they link each disc to a particular console, the first one that downloads the game?
The publishers have always hated the used market.

Top Bottom