• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki sued for sexual harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol :lol :lol ...Itagaki's such a pimp... :bow

In no way do I condone his actions...if they were indeed not consensual. ;p

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The Faceless Master said:
so did anyone actually... you know... read and translate to know the story actually says that?

Why? All that needs to be known is that Itagaki tried to pop some file protected cherry and got an access denial

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Okin said:
Oh Itagaki, you card.

...Why is it that the coolest ones turn out to be assholes?

Uh...when was Itagaki anything but a ****ing joke as a personality?

Crisis

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:
shaggy.jpg

"it wasnt me"
I don't know why I laughed so hard at that.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
White Man said:
I thought there was no such thing as sexual harassment in Japan?

There is. You just need to escalate to taxis, hotel rooms and deep kissing before it counts, though.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
ME0000609077_1.gif

"How does I make rape?"

White Man said:
I thought there was no such thing as sexual harassment in Japan?

I honestly believe every boss in Japan has a remote vibrator stitched to their female secretaries panties.

Sean

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
Who goes in a taxi to a hotel room with the man that is harassing you...

Yeah sounds like it was consensual to me (just by reading the description). Seems like it's happened multiple times and has been going on for a while and she's only complaining now to get some money.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Shogmaster said:
Now the crown of gaming's foremost PIMP is official! :lol
You must be crazy thats not a pimp that's a gimp. A REAL industry pimp would never have charges brought upon him by one of his strumpets. The title still belongs to Yamauchi without question.

thetrin

So wait, how does sexually harassing some chick make you a pimp? If that was the case, my high school janitor would`ve been a super star.

Scenester

TheTrin said:
So wait, how does sexually harassing some chick make you a pimp? If that was the case, my high school janitor would`ve been a super star.

It doesnt really make you pimp in the literal sense, but It means youre super tough and no one wants to mess with your shit and you really dont care. Or that youre an asshole.

CarlosX360 said:
Yep. :)

And this girl is SO going to lose this case.

Why? Its your standard girl at the office; just waiting for the PERFECT opportunity to screw over ANYONE in the company, and HURT the company in the process.

For christ's sakes. The girl got dissed by the execs, because of her tone.

I swear, women at work are more greedy than the men.
Are you ****ing kidding me? You're inferring all of this (and making ridiculous generalizations) without any further knowledge of the situation?

That crater-faced asshole is finally getting his. He just got ninja-dawgged.

BlueTsunami said:
So is his current facial scarring due to the girl throwing acid on his face as she tried to run away?

Two-Face.JPG

"I'll see it and raise."

Terrell

LegendofJoe said:
I doubt this lawsuit will get far. Office affairs are very common in Japan, unless she can prove it was against her will this case will get absolutely nowhere.
If she can prove there was discussions with upstairs brass at Tecmo, and nothing was put on record to rectify the issue.... then yeah, Tecmo's MAJORLY ****ed. While the act may not have happened, if she can prove that her grievance was not taken seriously by management, that's bad news anyways, no matter how you look at it.
And for those of you who are essentially saying that she was asking for it? Go back to the 1890s where you belong.

RSLAEV

Damn, I looked up to this dude. I know he has a bad-boy reputation to live up to, but stuff like this is taking it too damn far.

....If the allegations are true, that is.

I dunno, this is all pretty he said she said, but it kinda looks like both Itagaki and Tecmo are in for some serious trouble. As to the love hotel thing... it sounds like they were sharing a taxi since they were going the same way, only Itagaki's led to a hotel or something. I dunno, I mean it could be coincidence, but she complains to the brass about harassment and a few months later a sexual harassment dept starts up? Doesn't really sound like the romance went sour and now she's getting him back, sounds more like a persistent problem. Still, even though I HATE Itagaki more info would be nice before we start pointing fingers. "Innocent until proven guilty" and all that jazz.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
yeah...that fits. he has my sympathy if this woman just soured on a workplace relationship, but sexual harrassment isn't cool, though gafers seem to find it so.

though i can't help wondering if she's hot :/

cabel

CarlosX360 said:
Now this means Ninja Gaiden 2 will be delayed. THANKS A LOT WHORE!

You know, I'm not easily offended, but that was the single most retarded thing I think I've ever read on GAF. If I ran this place, I'd ban you in about one half of a mouse click.

I'm no social researcher, but I can't even imagine how difficult it is for a Japanese woman to put forth a case like this. This is FREAKIN' JAPAN, the country where women are stereotypically so terrified of being "out of line" with society, that they won't even dare speak up while being groped on a subway train.

Sorry if I'm being oversensitive here, but take two ****ing seconds, be an adult, and realize that maybe, JUST MAYBE, this has nothing to do with money, games, or being a "whore" (jesus christ, what are you, 16 years old?), but represents something actually serious.

I'm getting old.

thetrin

Bebpo said:
Damn, why did I leave :(

I ask myself that same thing every day, Bebpo. Every day. Btw, didn`t you say you were coming to Osaka this month? You can partake of all the taxis and deep kissing you want.

drohne said:
yeah...that fits. he has my sympathy if this woman just soured on a workplace relationship, but sexual harassment isn't cool, though gafers seem to find it so.

though i can't help wondering if she's hot :/
Yeah, one thing I forgot to mention... it seems like she recently got married, too... Itagaki asks her about getting married in the cab, so I imagine it was recent???? If that's the case, it's even less likely she was fooling around. New couple would be too busy knocking booties for this stuff, well she is 31 so maybe it was an arranged marriage... <shrug>. Maybe they WERE fooling around before, but she changed her mind, but Itagaki didn't? Anyway, more info needed.

Jonnyram

Mefisutoferesu said:
well she is 31 so maybe it was an arranged marriage... <shrug>.
Good grief.
It's a good job you guys don't actually live in Japan. You'd probably die when you find out what actually goes on. Sexual harrassment goes on everywhere, even though us westerners find it to be totally despicable. Japanese women have very little chance of promotion at a regular Japanese company, and they get treated like dirt. I know of other game producers/directors that have been involved with secretaries, but it's basically the norm. I don't condone it, incidentally. I'm just saying what happens.

thetrin

Jonnyram said:
Good grief.
It's a good job you guys don't actually live in Japan. You'd probably die when you find out what actually goes on. Sexual harrassment goes on everywhere, even though us westerners find it to be totally despicable. Japanese women have very little chance of promotion at a regular Japanese company, and they get treated like dirt. I know of other game producers/directors that have been involved with secretaries, but it's basically the norm. I don't condone it, incidentally. I'm just saying what happens.

Dude, you took the oath like the rest of us. The first rule of Japanese business ethic, you don`t talk about Japanese business ethic.

Jonnyram

TheTrin said:
Dude, you took the oath like the rest of us. The first rule of Japanese business ethic, you don`t talk about Japanese business ethic.
I work for a US company on Japanese soil, so I didn't take that oath...
Unfortunately it means I have to work under US business ethics ;)
My boss is a woman, actually!

a) What's the Yamahuchi reference about? Is this just in reference to the Love Hotels?

b) Watch this case go absolutely nowhere.

Jonnyram said:
I work for a US company on Japanese soil, so I didn't take that oath...
Unfortunately it means I have to work under US business ethics ;)
My boss is a woman, actually!

On a sidenote:

FHUTA

Grayman

so it's not like american style over there where the woman can do something and decide at any point later that it was against her will? When I hear about a case with really vague details i'll sometimes side with the man because the woman has more to gain from willing doing something than saying she wasn't willing.

Troidal

Jonnyram said:
Good grief.

Quoted for double truth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom