• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Itagaki sued for sexual harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonnyram said:
Good grief.
It's a good job you guys don't actually live in Japan. You'd probably die when you find out what actually goes on. Sexual harrassment goes on everywhere, even though us westerners find it to be totally despicable. Japanese women have very little chance of promotion at a regular Japanese company, and they get treated like dirt. I know of other game producers/directors that have been involved with secretaries, but it's basically the norm. I don't condone it, incidentally. I'm just saying what happens.
:\ What do you want from me exactly? I mean, I could scream, "GUILTY! HANG HIM BY HIS **** TO THE YARDARM!!!!" But, that's not exactly what I'd call, "innocent until proven guilty." I know darn well how women are treated in Japan, and that this crap is everywhere, but I can't just pile on and say guilty sans evidence. Forgive me for trying to stay nuetral even if that meant stretching to find some sort of balance. Hopefully, because the case is public some justice will actually be served, but... ... <throws hands in the air> whatever. Sorry.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
*ahem*

This thread is useless without photos
of the woman.

("This thread is useless without photos" is TM and (C) 2006 Neogaf. All rights reserved.)

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
JetSetHero said:
For sexual harrasement? No wonder gamers have the reputation they do.

People on the internet make way too many generalizations.

Wollan

Reno said:
denzel_intro.jpg

"My nigga!"

Haha. Great movie btw.

Regarding the situation, I don't condone sexual harassment so it's kinda disturbing seeing people go 'respect +1'.

Frank

:lol

I'd say its hard to "harass" someone when there are taxis, hotels and deep kissing involved, things which usually take two participants.

But then again, who knows. I'm curious how this will evolve.

Perhaps Itagaki was hallucinating that she was one of the DOA girls. Although, that would make it incest since they're all his 'daughters'.

X26

Banned
stick to living vicariously through your games Itagaki

oh and, :lol :lol :lol

I imagine it went down sometihng like this:
3153_poster.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
fortified_concept said:
The assholery of this guy knows no bounds. And why are people congratulating him here?

I wish I knew...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
If the girl was seriously harrassed, I don't really feel like laughing at the whole thing. :/
I mean, he can act 'pimp' all he want, but if he breaks the law while doing so he crosses a line.

Dina

civilstrife said:
I'm waiting for Miyamoto to come out with sexual harassment charges against Yamauchi in his early days at the company.

You know it happened.

ugh :(

stop destroying my childhood memories

RSLAEV

X26 said:
stick to living vicariously through your games Itagaki

oh and, :lol :lol :lol

I imagine it went down sometihng like this:
3153_poster.jpg

Damn you for making me laugh at sexual harassment!

cedric69

I fail to see what this actually has to do with a forum on *Gaming* Discussion.

On the other hand, I fail to see why everybody is screaming "Guilty! Guilty!" before the trial is over too... so it's probably me being retarded and all... :lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
john tv said:
I work for a Japanese company and I get sexually harassed all the time. LOVE THIS PLACE

I get sexually harassed and stalked by 15 year old girls at my work... and even a few boys as well..

Jonnyram

Mefisutoferesu said:
:\ What do you want from me exactly? I mean, I could scream, "GUILTY! HANG HIM BY HIS **** TO THE YARDARM!!!!" But, that's not exactly what I'd call, "innocent until proven guilty." I know darn well how women are treated in Japan, and that this crap is everywhere, but I can't just pile on and say guilty sans evidence. Forgive me for trying to stay nuetral even if that meant stretching to find some sort of balance. Hopefully, because the case is public some justice will actually be served, but... ... <throws hands in the air> whatever. Sorry.
No no no... you got me wrong. Only the first line was aimed at you. The arranged marriage comment got a bit of a chuckle from me. I wasn't targetting the rest at you. Sorry if it seemed that way.

If you live/work in Japan sexual harassment is a part of every day life. I get harassed by women all the time. Heck sometimes I event get harassed by men (curious about gaijin plumbing, etc).

Japanese law is very interesting, 5-10 years ago this case would have been laughed at and throw out. Today, companies and courts go through the motions of cracking down on harassment but if the women ever agreed to go to a private place (hotel, apartment, etc) with a man or did anything that in any way showed she had some non-work related interest in him she's going to lose the case.

Most of my female friends have told me that if harassment gets too bad they will just quit the company. That's the normal thing for women to do, I bet her friends, ex-coworkers, etc are all talking sh*t about her because she's not doing the "normal" thing to do in the case of harassment. Heck, when I first read this I said "wow she's a gold digger AND stupid because she's wasting her time with this case"

Blackace

ddk_ps3 said:
If you live/work in Japan sexual harassment is a part of every day life. I get harassed by women all the time. Heck sometimes I event get harassed by men (curious about gaijin plumbing, etc).

Japanese law is very interesting, 5-10 years ago this case would have been laughed at and throw out. Today, companies and courts go through the motions of cracking down on harassment but if the women ever agreed to go to a private place (hotel, apartment, etc) with a man or did anything that in any way showed she had some non-work related interest in him she's going to lose the case.

Most of my female friends have told me that if harassment gets too bad they will just quit the company. That's the normal thing for women to do, I bet her friends, ex-coworkers, etc are all talking sh*t about her because she's not doing the "normal" thing to do in the case of harassment. Heck, when I first read this I said "wow she's a gold digger AND stupid because she's wasting her time with this case"

In any case I do see where going to a love hotel with someone could end up in sexual harassment just based on the sole purpose of a love hotel is for.. ****ing...

shuri

Banned
Sean said:
Yeah sounds like it was consensual to me (just by reading the description). Seems like it's happened multiple times and has been going on for a while and she's only complaining now to get some money.
yeah pretty much. Women who abuse those kind of things to get money deserve no sympathy since it affects real victims.

wtf... :lol

By talent's likeness of Miho Yabe, the former employee known as beauty public-relations charge tells like this within the industry.

"DOA Volleyball" with beautiful CG and the breast of the beauty under grapple shakes is also very popular.

After a diner with Mr. Itagakiby the management, a super-major IT company, and the talk of a magazine, since the house was this direction, the former employee with whom the karaoke of a secondary meeting also sat took the Taxi together with Mr. Itagaki at midnight.

Mr. Itagaki -- in the car -- it is -- " But you are married" if it clings addressing and saying, "I like you", a former employee's jaw will be pressed down with the right hand, a lip will be taken forcibly, and it will say, "it has put in to a tongue into a mouth." Mr. Itagaki is the married man who also has a children.

Although Mr. Itagaki touched the breast, the waist, etc. of the exmployee. If the strong man, Mr. Itagaki, is offended -- comrades -- although I was perplexed in like and the body also shrank in fear somehow "-- it is useless. It resists saying please stop" and it is said that the body was pulled apart.

Although he was going to say, "Shall we go?" and was going to the hotel town forcibly when Mr. Itagaki had held a former employee's wrist even after getting out of a taxi, it is said that it gave up since the former employee was on the verge of tears and resisted.

Mr. Itagaki repeated the act of shutting the key of a drawing room and clinging to a former employee also after that. If it is pretended work and the room of the former employee of a hotel is visited when it participates in the convention of the game industry in the U.S., it will be said that it clung from back and pressed for the relation forcibly in May, last year.

He claims, "It was love after consent", admitting that Mr. Itagaki gave a kiss etc. to in-house investigation.

http://www.zakzak.co.jp/top/2006_11/t2006110710.html

Was he doing research for a new game? :lol

{Mike} said:
...by males?

:lol

I don't quite get all the people in this thread even jokingly hailing this supreme douchebag. ****ing guy needs a reality check if he has a wife and kids.

Take off the ****ing sunglasses, you're not a rockstar, you make shitty videogames.

I wouldn't be congratulating him if he did it against her will. He's a douchebag.

If she is pressing charges because of buyer's remorse or because she thought she can get a cash settlement, then she's an idiot.

hirokazu

devilscallmedad said:
itagaki is my hero:lol

why? because he dared to do something you've always wanted to do but don't dare to?

if he is innocent, then fair enough, but i don't understand why you people think sexual harassment is something to applaud...

Blackace

Propagandhim said:
I don't quite get all the people in this thread even jokingly hailing this supreme douchebag. ****ing guy needs a reality check if he has a wife and kids.

Take off the ****ing sunglasses, you're not a rockstar, you make shitty videogames.

Why is that? Japanese view on marriage isn't the same as the US'...

Petrarca

Banned
It's sad to see some people actually cheer for this guy and for what he allegedly did. He made a whopping ONE good game, and some fanboys hail him as a rockstar

If he was a pimp he wouldn't have to do this to a girl. If he was a real pimp he probably wouldn't make himself a digital ho stable either.

Ixzion

shuri said:
yeah pretty much. Women who abuse those kind of things to get money deserve no sympathy since it affects real victims.

Absolutely.

I would say that I was appalled that the majority of people seemed to think the man is guilty already, but it happens all the time in things like this.

If the girl was smart she would be suing Techmo as well. As for Itagakis wife I doubt she is too broken up over it, the guy seems like a huge pervert anyways. I just hope that this isnt why NG2 wasnt announced offically yet.

Orlics

Neodiablo22 said:
If the girl was smart she would be suing Techmo as well. As for Itagakis wife I doubt she is too broken up over it, the guy seems like a huge pervert anyways. I just hope that this isnt why NG2 wasnt announced offically yet.

On that matter, shouldn't you ALWAYS sue the company and not the person involved? Entity concept or something.

Juice

CarlosX360 said:
Yep. :)

And this girl is SO going to lose this case.

Why? Its your standard girl at the office; just waiting for the PERFECT opportunity to screw over ANYONE in the company, and HURT the company in the process.

For christ's sakes. The girl got dissed by the execs, because of her tone.

I swear, women at work are more greedy than the men.

Are you serious, Clark? Itagaki is probably the industry's biggest slime ball. I'd sooner believe a strange woman over him in such a dispute.

Jesus, just look at DOAX. That's enough to convince me he's sexually ****ed up. "Nobody messes with my girls."

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
The guy was a ****ing asshole to begin with, and a supremely disrespectful person when it comes to the videogame industry. He is a disgrace to his damn team, and its a shame the lady had to be put through this. I for one could never figure out why so many people were riding his coat-tails to begin with, and I definitely don't understand it now. Granted, if the lady turns out to have been falsifying events, then she is scum as well, but, from the looks of things, he was in the wrong. Ninja Gaiden is great and all, but, if this goes through, the video game industry would be better off without his ass. Sexual harassment is not something that should be taken lightly.

To me, it doesn't matter whether Itagaki sexually harassed the woman or not.

All that matters is how much comedy mileage I can get out of it.

PleoMax

Banned
Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

You don't enter a Taxi, go into a love Hotel, and expect not to take a ride in Ninja Pimp cockland.

I mean cmon man...

Rocked

:lol Sexual harrasment is HILARIOUS! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Those tecmo execs sure are some legendary pimps for ignoring her complaint of assault and threatening to fire her!! :lol :lol What a whore for speaking out about the alleged abuse instead of just accepting it like you're SUPPOSED TO in Japan! :lol :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom