• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italian Site: Crytek Showing 2 Games at E3.

Ryse 2 with much deeper combat, throw in some loot collecting and some major replayability.

I want dungeons. Hell... put the Darksiders developers on it.

I asked the same thing, but nobody appears to know. Should be interesting to say the least on how it's announced and or what platforms.. After Ryse, it only furthers the speculation that it could definately be an XB1 exclusive.

Why would MS want Homefront 2 as an exclusive, though? I don't really see it filling a gap in their lineup.

Silky

Banned
Homefront 2 does sound like an XB1 exclusive title...

Doubt it tho. If so, this would be the second game Cry UK has made that's exclusive.

Also, guys: You want TimeSplitters HD? TimeSplitters ReWind is the closest thing to seeing TS2/TS:FP in HD.

I'm also expecting them to announce a Warface port to Xbox One at some point.

There's no way Homefront 2 will be exclusive to any one platform.

Cornbread78

There's no way Homefront 2 will be exclusive to any one platform.

Homefront 2 does sound like an XB1 exclusive title...
Doubt it tho. If so, this would be the second game Cry UK has made that's exclusive.
QUOTE]

Why would MS want Homefront 2 as an exclusive, though? I don't really see it filling a gap in their lineup.

Regardless of the "gap" in their library, it's a shooter and a AAA title, that they can pimp as an exclusive. See below from NHALE, this was one of the strong indocators.

When the multiplayer alpha version leaked it only had a XB1 version running.

That's what I must be thinking of, there was something else too, I just can't find it...

I did find this interesting read though:

http://gamingbolt.com/crytek-shares...ull-potential-resulted-in-big-bandwidth-saves

dr_rus

Didn't Crytek plan to go all F2P after Crysis3/Ryse?
If yes then I'm bailing out even just for the graphics, sorry Crytek.

harSon

Banned
Ryse 2 showing up wouldn't be impossible IMO. Ryse was probably completed some time in October, which is ~8 months of development time for Ryse 2 once e3 rolls around. Most developers lay down the ground work for the development of their next game during the development of their current game, especially studios the size of Crytek. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a CG trailer at e3, a closed door look at Gamescom, and a propper gameplay reveal sometime next year.

KKRT00

I would be very curious to see Crytek making an attempt on the RPG genre (their tech could do wonders with it)... but it doesn't really sound like something they would be interested in, these days.

They tried making open world action RPG from FPP perspective [think Dark Messiah], but it didnt get funded by publishers after all ;\

---

But in this quote Yerli said that they thought about it 5 years ago, but it will happen 5 years from now. And he even included info that only few internal devs will work on those.

shwimpy

Didn't they hire the lead for God of War Ascension to work on Ryse 2 not too long ago? I doubt it's in any shape to be shown.

NHale

Regardless of the "gap" in their library, it's a shooter and a AAA title, that they can pimp as an exclusive.

Also Halo 5 is confirmed as a Fall 2015 game. Gears from Black Tusk is most likely a 2016 if you believe what Phil Spencer said publicly.

So having another multiplayer shooter exclusive filling the gap in Spring 2015 makes a lot of sense. Especially if the rumors are true and this is more BF than COD.

Top Bottom