• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's back: $25 off orders of $100+ @ BestBuy.com w/ Visa Checkout (ends 2/22)

_woLf

It's back!

I know people were bummed when this expired last month when Switch pro controllers weren't up yet. Time to stock up on all your Switch gear, games and preorders. Set to end on 2/22 but I assume like always it can end early if too many people use it. Like previous times, you can submit more than one order with the discount, despite the terms saying otherwise.

Exclusions: Amazon streaming players; Amazon Echo; Amazon Echo Dot; Google Wifi; Bose® audio products; Sonos; Polk Audio; Denon; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Sony audio, TVs and 3D glasses, select LG TVs and Blu-ray players; subscription software services; GoPro cameras and accessories; digital music services and download cards; select Dyson products; Pacific Sales products; and all Magnolia Home Theater products.

tmac456

ooops lol. literally just bumped the old thread. just got in on one more order before this goes away early again

_woLf

Can I buy PSN cards and combine this with PSN's $15 back?

I think PSN cards fall under digital download cards in the exclusions list, but not 100% sure.

I'm going to be cancelling my pro controller preorder and re-ordering it with this deal. Might have to pick up Yakuza 0 as well.

pizzacat

Banned
Trying to get KH and yakuza does it need to be 100 without taxes? Also can I pay with 2 different cards on visa checkout?

Dio

Banned
Again:

Utawarerumono Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth just went up on Best Buy for preorder - they weren't there in January - so I preordered both of them. Fuck yes, I'm glad this deal is back.

So is Ace Combat 7 btw.

abrack08

Keep getting a "sorry we could not connect to visa checkout"

:/

I got that message too but scrolled down and saw the discount still applied. I haven't actually decided what I'm getting yet so I haven't fully checked out, but the discount was there at least for one step.

jediyoshi

Oh perfect, I've been eyeing the Arctis 7 and Best Buy is basically the only retailer that has them.

edit: And bought, no problems.

TI82

Banned
I got that message too but scrolled down and saw the discount still applied. I haven't actually decided what I'm getting yet so I haven't fully checked out, but the discount was there at least for one step.

Not mine, just errors and takes me to the screen to put in my card info

TI82

Banned
Okay guys! Got my order to go through, $92.98 got breath of the wild and a switch pro controller. And best buy has the best release date shipping too. For cheaper than that Gamestop bundle!

Anyways, I logged in with "IE Edge" and it worked. Your mileage may vary.

_woLf

Keep trying if you get that error. I eventually got it working.

Cancelled two existing orders and got PuyoPuyo Tetris, Bomberman and a Switch AC adapter on one order ($102 total, just made it!) and a Pro controller & Yakuza 0 on another (with a giftcard I had, made it again $102 total)

Super good deal. Now looking at SD cards.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Finally got my orders through.

Including tax, my orders were:

Switch Pro Controller + Fire Emblem Echoes: $82.56
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + Fire Emblem Warriors + Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: $87.91 ($5 reward certificate applied)

Was going to order Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors last time they had this deal, but I wanted to wait and see if anything else I wanted went up, and ended up waiting too long. Glad I'm getting another chance.

japtor

Finally got my orders through.

Including tax, my orders were:

Switch Pro Controller + Fire Emblem Echoes: $82.56
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 + Fire Emblem Warriors + Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: $87.91 ($5 reward certificate applied)

Was going to order Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors last time they had this deal, but I wanted to wait and see if anything else I wanted went up, and ended up waiting too long. Glad I'm getting another chance.
There's a "limit one per person" thing there, does it just not have any checks for that?

So this works on preorders I see and do they take the money out immediately ? Or a hold like any other preorder ? I may have to reorder my pro controller and Zelda

Dio

Banned
So this works on preorders I see and do they take the money out immediately ? Or a hold like any other preorder ? I may have to reorder my pro controller and Zelda

It's a hold like any other preorder. My account only ever got charged on the day of release for games that I preordered.

i cancelled a pro controller and charging grip i had on file to re-order w/ visa promo but decided to keep em cancelled. lol
can't get over 70 bucks for HD rumble

It looks like a lot of the missing PS4 preorders are now available again. Plus new games are available for preorder now too. Good time to get in on them. It comes out to about $36 a game plus tax.

Dio

Banned
It looks like a lot of the missing PS4 preorders are now available again. Plus new games are available for preorder now too. Good time to get in on them. It comes out to about $36 a game plus tax.

Yeah this. Sadly, Tokyo Xanadu ex+ PS4 isn't available to preorder yet, but it is listed, otherwise I would have made a second order with that in it.

It's a hold like any other preorder. My account only ever got charged on the day of release for games that I preordered.

Thanks for the info

Still says Visa checkout unavailable still. Items in cart though. I'll try again in the morning. worst comes to worst I still have my original preorders in place

Yeah I placed 20 orders when this promo first came up in Dec and zero problems, no more than 2 copies of any game though and over time I slowly cancelled most of the orders as I weeded out stuff I wasn't going to play at release.

If you are getting the visa checkout unavailable error, try first just logging into the visa checkout website
https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/visa-checkout.html

Or delete all the visa/best buy cookies in chrome (click the little i with a circle next to the address bar) and try again.

Cancelled my existing Mass Effect and South Park orders and placed a new ME Deluxe PS4 + normal South Park order. Best Buy has an exclusive steelbook for Mass Effect which comes free with a pre order, came out to $45 with tax for ME and $40 for South Park, can't beat that.

Persona 5 Personal Edition (CE) + Yoka or some other $30-35 game (Dangonropa, etc) is also not a bad deal but I decided to just stick with my P5 steelbook order, don't really care for the plushee or artbook.

Horizon Zero Dawn CE is $96, $4 filler would get you above $100. The fact that you can still pre order the CE from both amazon and best buy two weeks before release though tells me the CE is going to go on sale for 50%+ discounts in a few months, just like uncharted 4.

If you were gonna play ghost wildlands at launch you can order the gold or two regular (for you and a friend), or ghost + nier or nier + mass effect...

Finally for collectors you can try statues like the link premium 11"
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/first-4...-blue-brown-black-tan/5731031.p?skuId=5731031

all collectibles here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/license...es/pcmcat748302046227.c?id=pcmcat748302046227

Geist-

FML, just bought a few games, I can't cancel my order and they don't get delivered until after the deal is over.

Top Bottom