• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$25 off $100 purchases with VISA Checkout is back with BestBuy.com

You know this is really showing me that I have no interest in anything coming this year. I preordered Ghost Recon and Mass Effect but anything else I'd rather just get on sale for cheaper.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I cancelled my BOTW Switch preorder. Listening to Bosman and Moriarty on the Switch, even if you think the latter is pretty negative, he can't help but be 100% right. The Switch, as much as I want it to succeed, annoys the hell out of me as a Nintendo fan. I instead used this to preorder BOTW on Wii U, along with Nioh, which I was sold on after playing the demo this weekend. Awesome game.

I'm gonna pre-order the Wii U version of BOTW later today simply because the Switch is going to be impossible to find until sometime in September.

Edit: Ah, deal is dead. Bummer. Well, I still have a $10 coupon I might throw at BOTW anyway.

ghibli99

The mentality comes off as very irresponsible to me I guess? Plunking down 300+ dollars on something you are able to be convinced out of due to the opinions of random people seems very unusual to me, unless those opinions are based on things the company lied or withheld from us and they are bringing them to your attention of course, but I highly doubt that's the case.

I guess in my world I don't whip around 300+ dollars without being certain it will suit me based on my own needs or wants, rather than being convinced by others, but that's hype culture I guess. It kind of reminds me of when Amiibo were hard to find, and people like myself wanted them from the beginning and had no issues getting them until they became 'rare', then the bandwagon annoying sorts jumped on not even knowing what they were and choked up the pipeline until they became 'common' and boring again, I simply don't get the mentality of some people and their money.

Though I suppose I should applaud him for being financially responsible, it just seems like an odd reason to do so.
The assumption that I would make a decision based on one person's opinion (even though I listed two... but it's easy to ignore Bosman because Moriarty is controversial) is pretty silly. I understand why people would think that though since they're the only ones I referenced in my post. I do have a brain though and am perfectly capable of independent thought and decision making. ;)

Anyway, most importantly here is that I'm happy to be getting BOTW on launch day for even less than GCU/Prime would have afforded. Plus I'll be able to play it instead of trying to figure out how to secure a Switch, which is already proving to be damn-near impossible.

_woLf

This deal comes back pretty regularly (or it had over the past 6 months or so). It could even return before the Switch launches.

jaydogg691

Sad.

I forgot RE7 and KH 2.8 were coming out and was going to use this deal. Thought the promo was good till the 25th, but they killed it early. Oh well, should probably clear up my backlog before I start piling up more.

dacalo

The damage:

-Zelda $40.08
-Mario Kart $40.08
-GCU $27.10
-Persona 5 $39.05
-Splatoon 2 $39.05
-Switch screen protector $7.58
-Puyo Puyo tetris $26.03
-The binding of Isaac $29.27
-Horizon Zero Dawn $39.06
-Gray set of joy-cons $58.59
-Xenoblade 2 $44.46

Self loadthing!!! Ahhh

it is really weird that they extended the deal (it was supposed to end on the 21st) and then killed it only a day or two after :-/

My guess is that they extended the deal, still had a cap on how many redemptions they wanted, then when new sale prices hit in the Sunday ad flyer, a bunch of people made orders and the cap was hit. Probably wasn't from games, but electronics or whatever (although the B2G1 free preowned sale and Battlefield 1 Early Enlister deals were good).

So uh. It looks like when you pick up one item in an order they so charge you the full amount for the order, not divided amongst the items like I was led to believe.So if you have a pre order down the line attached to an order you end up pre paying for those items as well.

Not a huge deal. But something to consider when placing these orders. Make sure everything is close together.

my total:
Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4
Mass Effect - PS4
Prey - PS4
RDR2 - PS4
God of War - PS4
Zelda BotW - Switch
Mario Kart 8 - Switch
Mario Odyssey - Switch

and the filler items I used to get over 100
16gb micro sd
Zelda Guardian amiibo
Zelda Link archer amiibo
Zelda 30th anniversary 8 bit Link amiibo

and thats gonna pretty much be it for me for the year with the exceptions of maybe Sea of thieves and Halo 6

Koppai

So uh. It looks like when you pick up one item in an order they so charge you the full amount for the order, not divided amongst the items like I was led to believe.So if you have a pre order down the line attached to an order you end up pre paying for those items as well.

Not a huge deal. But something to consider when placing these orders. Make sure everything is close together.
What happened with mine is that there wasn't enough credit on the card when they charged it. So I had to put another card and the discount disappeared.

I think it gets refunded though... I can't say with certainty but I've had more charges and credits from bestbuy from a single goddamn order than I've ever seen in my life. It's finally sorted now that I picked up Yakuza 0 to complete the order but I had partials plus the full then minus everything then plus the full then minus that and plus only what I picked up and now it's finally finished. I had like 8 pending entries (mostly offsetting) in my pending transactions over the weekend.

What? My RE7 and Kingdom Hearts from two different preorders were shipped and I was only charged $39.xx for each with two different charges.

What happened with mine is that there wasn't enough credit on the card when they charged it. So I had to put another card and the discount disappeared.

I think it gets refunded though... I can't say with certainty but I've had more charges and credits from bestbuy from a single goddamn order than I've ever seen in my life. It's finally sorted now that I picked up Yakuza 0 to complete the order but I had partials plus the full then minus everything then plus the full then minus that and plus only what I picked up and now it's finally finished. I had like 8 pending entries (mostly offsetting) in my pending transactions over the weekend.

What? My RE7 and Kingdom Hearts from two different preorders were shipped and I was only charged $39.xx for each with two different charges.

Mine was paid with a debit card. But it's showing the full amount having been charged to my card and when I asked the customer service person there, they said it would be charging the full amount. Hopefully you guys are right, and she was wrong. I mean the deal still makes it worthwhile, but I don't want to have that money held for months by BB.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Dammit, should have put in a second order when I had the chance. I keep thinking of more and more games that I wanted to pick up.

ChrisD

Mine was paid with a debit card. But it's showing the full amount having been charged to my card and when I asked the customer service person there, they said it would be charging the full amount. Hopefully you guys are right, and she was wrong. I mean the deal still makes it worthwhile, but I don't want to have that money held for months by BB.

I also paid with Debit Card on Friday for a Persona 5 Take Your Heart pre-order, and a copy of Gravity Rush 2. Set both to pick-up-in-store because I wanted to play GR2 ASAP. They charged the full $104 up-front as a hold. I picked up GR2 on Saturday. The hold was released on Monday (all money went back into my account, not just part), and I was charged Tuesday for JUST the GR2 portion of the order.

Now I just owe for the P5 portion when that comes out.

Which IS weird, but it works out in the end

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
i just realized i couldve preordered mass effect and Battlefield 1 premium to get the $25 off. I just feel bad paying $50 for a fucking season pass.

Lucent

Sooooo if I canceled one of the two games for any reason, would I still keep part of the discount on the one game I keep? Or would it basically just be the $47.99 like a normal GCU discount?

goldenpp72

Sooooo if I canceled one of the two games for any reason, would I still keep part of the discount on the one game I keep? Or would it basically just be the $47.99 like a normal GCU discount?

I did this and it took away the promotion entirely.

Just keep and sell. Pretty easily turn a profit if you don't want to keep them.

Top Bottom