• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's back: $25 off orders of $100+ @ BestBuy.com w/ Visa Checkout (ends 2/22)

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Anyone with Switch pre-orders items still have their status listed as In Progress?

Depends on the screen. In the main order page each show "In Progress". If you click into an actual order, at the bottom the status says "Pre-ordered".

Ok, so I ordered Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition a while back. I now notice that preorders include a free steelbook. It wasn't offered when I ordered it a while back. It's not showing up in my order. Am I screwed out of getting it, or will my order eventually adjust to include it? I really don't want to cancel the order because I used the visa promotion for it and already received the other game.

you will NOT receive the steelbook, its been confirmed by a few posts on the best buy customer forums (unboxing) that you have to cancel and re order to get the steelbook

and yeah, if you cancel an order that had the visa promo on it you will lose the discount and even get charged on your CC for the difference for a shipped order.

What you CAN do is order another copy (plus another game to hit $100), then RETURN the other order after you get it. You can also change the other order to in store pickup and never pick it up, it gets cancelled after 7 days and so far orders that best buy themselves cancel don't get charged extra but that could of course change in the future.

Damn, I don't think Visa checkout will work with my Best Buy card. It's just a BB credit card, not a Visa. :/

Visa checkout does not require a visa, its simply a wallet/checkout system like paypal. It works with any credit card including AMEX, Discover, etc. I think it works with BB credit card but not sure, I have a best buy visa credit card.

Darklor01

Damn, I don't think Visa checkout will work with my Best Buy card. It's just a BB credit card, not a Visa. :/

I think that's true. While you can associate credit cards outside of a "Visa" with Visa Checkout, I do believe they have to be a "revolving credit" credit card rather than a "store card" type of credit card. They would need a Visa, Mastercard, Amex, or other type of branding on them.

https://necu.org/files/1314/2481/1223/2015_Visa_Checkout_FAQs_Members_Logo.pdf
"You can add Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover credit or debit cards to your Visa Checkout account. At this time Visa Checkout does not except Private Label Cards or Retail store credit cards such as, Macy's, Kohl's, or Home Depot."

Great deal. Glad it's back, as I could not take advantage of the first fews time it was available (buying digital games).

Made 1 order with Zelda, Skylanders and Bomberman for Switch on release date, and another for Mario Kart, Splatoon and Mario. Comes to around the same as a B2G1free deal. Excellent.

I think that's true. While you can associate credit cards outside of a "Visa" with Visa Checkout, I do believe they have to be a "revolving credit" credit card rather than a "store card" type of credit card. They would need a Visa, Mastercard, Amex, or other type of branding on them.

https://necu.org/files/1314/2481/1223/2015_Visa_Checkout_FAQs_Members_Logo.pdf
"You can add Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover credit or debit cards to your Visa Checkout account. At this time Visa Checkout does not except Private Label Cards or Retail store credit cards such as, Macy’s, Kohl’s, or Home Depot."

Yep, I just tried and my card doesn't have an expiration date so I can't continue. Bummer!

dolabla

Pre-ordered BOTW and a Pro Controller on one order yesterday. And Splatoon 2 & Super Mario Odyssey on another today.

There aren't too many games on Best Buy that I really want. I got Mass Effect and Ghost Recon. I also want Dirt 4 so I want to get one other game. I'm not sure what though. I want Vikings - Wolves of Midgard but for whatever reason you can't preorder that even though it appears on the site and comes out in March.

I might just end up getting Nioh but I don't have time for it and I'd rather wait until Black Friday and get it dirt cheap since I'm not entirely sure I will like it.

Anyone have any other ideas for a primarily Xbox gamer? I thought perhaps Crackdown though I don't relish the idea of ordering so far in advance. I wish Shadow Warrior 2 or Phantom Dust were on here.

Koppai

Trying to think what else to preorder...need to order Ni No Kuni 2 but what else lol. I have all the Switch stuff i want ordered.

Darklor01

I believe the reason this person was trying to use their BB store card (like I am) is because of the rewards - on games, you get 10% back. I'm sure that they, like I, have other credit cards.

Yep, I agree, I just didn't want to assume.

Piscus

Still trying to decide if 1-2-Switch is worth it :/

I'm in the same boat. Also torn on whether to preorder some 3rd party games for other systems, or wait for them to have a ton of patches applied and get them for $8 much later like I did with The Division....

Synless

Do prepaid visas work with this deal? I have over $150 in Best Buy gift cards that I would love to buy a prepaid visa with if it does work.

dEvAnGeL

For ps4 owners:

Spiderman preorder is back up
Ni no kuni 2 preorder is up
Days gone preorder is up
God of war preorder can be picked up at stores now

Have fun, empty that wallet!

japtor

Still trying to decide if 1-2-Switch is worth it :/
Normally I'd agree, but with it being a Nintendo first party game, I'm not so sure.
With GCU discount and the $25 off (or about $8 off this game as part of an order) I figure it's worth a shot at around $32 or whatever it'll come out to.

And for me worst case my sister will probably get a Switch for her kids and I'll let them have it if I don't like it.

reKon

Banned
Alright I picked did RDR2, Horizon, and $5 gift card. Because the gift card doesn't count towards this, they actually just prorate the discount so I receive $24 off.

Came to $41 per new game. Not bad...

There are very few Day 1 buys for me these days. I have no idea how long Horizon will maintain its $60 price point - I think Sony exclusives maintain it for longer than I like from a digital copy standpoint, and that's the copy that I actually would like to own. Based on GTA V's pricing for the past 4 years, I'm very comfortable with dropping the $40 on RDR2.

Apharmd

Cancelled BOTW preorder, re-ordered it with VISA checkout and 1-2-Switch. I pretty much picked up 1-2 Switch for half price thanks to this deal!

I believe the reason this person was trying to use their BB store card (like I am) is because of the rewards - on games, you get 10% back. I'm sure that they, like I, have other credit cards.

I'm pretty sure it's only 5% you get back with the Best Buy card, unless there's some GCU benefit I'm unaware of. Even with a different card you always get a base 1% back in rewards points on Best Buy and can then use another cashback card. I used a Citi Double Cash which gives 2% back, so I effectively got 3% rewards on this order, only missing out on 2% from my Best Buy card. The $25 discount more than makes up for that though.

I'm pretty sure it's only 5% you get back with the Best Buy card, unless there's some GCU benefit I'm unaware of. Even with a different card you always get a base 1% back in rewards points on Best Buy and can then use another cashback card. I used a Citi Double Cash which gives 2% back, so I effectively got 3% rewards on this order, only missing out on 2% from my Best Buy card. The $25 discount more than makes up for that though.

GCU gets you double points on games, and before they halved their value, you'd be getting $5 back for every $125 spent which is about 4% additional savings. Now you have to be an Elite or Elite Plus member to hit that type of additional savings.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Yes, you earn 2x the points on "video game software, digital content, and game accessories" as an additional bonus.

Using GCU, plus BB card (and being Elite Plus) it's a great deal.
And as mentioned above, it used to be even better.

GCU gets you double points on games, and before they halved their value, you'd be getting $5 back for every $125 spent which is about 4% additional savings. Now you have to be an Elite or Elite Plus member to hit that type of additional savings.

Yes, you earn 2x the points on "video game software, digital content, and game accessories" as an additional bonus.

Using GCU, plus BB card (and being Elite Plus) it's a great deal.
And as mentioned above, it used to be even better.

I don't think it brings it up to 10% rewards, though. Looking at my rewards history the Best Buy card bonus only factors in the base rewards and not the additional GCU points. It seems to be more around 6.8% rewards for GCU stuff with the card, not 10%. Still, so long as you keep your orders around $100 the Visa Checkout discount makes up for the loss of that card bonus.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I swore I wouldn't be back, but...

Arms $38.24
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe $49.93
Splatoon 2 $38.24

after taxes.

$309.11 at this point... I think I'm done. All Switch games & a Pro controller.

Bought:

The Amazing Spiderman 2 for PS4 & Xbox One $32
Titanfall 2 for Xbox One $20
NHL 17 for Xbox One $32
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare for Xbox One $28
Total: $112 - $25 discount = $87

Traded into Gamestop with 50%bonus towards switch games/accessories for = $148

Basically got $61 discount off my Pro Controller. Almost free!

Illucio

Banned
Bought:

The Amazing Spiderman 2 for PS4 & Xbox One $32
Titanfall 2 for Xbox One $20
NHL 17 for Xbox One $32
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare for Xbox One $28
Total: $112 - $25 discount = $87

Traded into Gamestop with 50%bonus towards switch games/accessories for = $148

Basically got $61 discount off my Pro Controller. Almost free!
Flipping seems like a great idea right now.

Was gonna get NIOH, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Nier Automata..is that a good list..I pre ordered the Switch only have Mario Kart 8 and Zelda so far not sure about the other games

Im on the fence about NIOH since I read the game is SO hard..Horizon Ive been told is kind of like UC4 so Im happy about that..want to get some Switch games but not sure which ones to get..Mario Odyssey and Splatoon obviously but not sure when they are even coming out

sense

Thought I was done from the first two times this offer came up but gave in and purchased more.....

Pre ordered kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 collection, fire emblem echoes and crash bandicoot remaster

Probably have everything I want and somewhat interested pre ordered for like 2 years lol

Top Bottom