• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's back: $25 off orders of $100+ @ BestBuy.com w/ Visa Checkout (ends 2/22)

Thanks for the heads up! I linked my Best Buy Visa to my VC account and pre-ordered ME:A Deluxe and Horizon. Ended up being something like $84.00 (incl. taxes) after all of the discounts were considered.

2 orders for me this time around.

First:
Crackdown 3
Dead Island 2
Days Gone

Second:
1TB External HDD for PS4
Horizon: Zero Dawn.

1st Order:
Switch Pro Controller
Binding of Isaac Afterbirth+

2nd Order:
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey
PDP Switch screen protector

Phenomenal savings with GCU + promo. My wallet is still crying regardless, though.

JdFoX187

Banned
Anyone have any idea how quickly Nioh might come back in stock? Was planning on getting it tomorrow with some other stuff.

Did GCU online for my first order(R/B neon joycons, Guardian amiibo) and 48 hours later it still won't kick in for a new order....so now I have 4 years and every Zelda amiibo made.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So it discounts a specific item and not your cart overall?

Excluded items like gift cards can help you get over the $100 limit, but don't get a discount applied to them. It's prorated based on the stuff in your cart that does apply.

So with GCU, two full price games come out to be $95.98. Adding a $5 gift card gets you over $100 to get the deal, but you get $24 off instead of the full $25 since the gift card doesn't count.

Koppai

Ordered Ni No Kuni 2, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD Collection, and Zelda BOTW amiibo.

Holy fuck this deal is so good...I should buy other stuff besides games. <_>

I obviously hate having money so I bought some pre-owned PS4 games totaling up to $101. This should keep me busy for a while...

XCOM 2
Dishonored: Definitive Edition
Dark Souls II: Scholor of the First Sin
Dark Souls III
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Until Dawn
Sniper Elite III

buttdiver

I obviously hate having money so I bought some pre-owned PS4 games totaling up to $101. This should keep me busy for a while...

XCOM 2
Dishonored: Definitive Edition
Dark Souls II: Scholor of the First Sin
Dark Souls III
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Until Dawn
Sniper Elite III

Money is overrated!!

hollomat

Banned
Totally forgot about the Zodiac Age, now I don't need two $60 games to reach $100 (don't have GCU). The other game is Nier.

Why don't you buy GCU with this? You'll save $25 with the promotion and $24 plus tax thanks to GCU so GCU has almost completely paid for itself in one transaction.

Why don't you buy GCU with this? You'll save $25 with the promotion and $24 plus tax thanks to GCU so GCU has almost completely paid for itself in one transaction.

I'm paying $85 without the GCU ( had a $5 certificate), your way I'm paying 97 - 5 = $92.

otapnam

Re7 for me

Lego avengers for my bro in law's bday so he can play with the kids

3 studio Ghibli Blu rays for the collection.

102-25+ tax = 88.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm paying $85 without the GCU ( had a $5 certificate), your way I'm paying 97 - 5 = $92.

Because you if buy one more game from Best Buy in the next two years you will come out ahead with GCU. And anything after that is all gravy.

Also worth noting this promotion has been common recently. I think this is three months in a row they have run it? No guarantee it stays that way of course.

Smellycat

I am tempted to get the amiibos, but not before I find out what they do. I already have the Wolf one, which has great functionality. I am not spending $12 on each one just to find out that they help you recover hearts. :\

I'll probably do it next time the deal comes up, I just got too many games on preorder this year.

This really doesn't make any sense. You'd get GCU for a few bucks more and in turn could get an additional 20% off those preorders. In fact if you preorder them now with Visa Checkout, you'd be getting 40% off. You're leaving money on the table.

zulux21

so there is a presidents day sale going on and mybestbuy members can get it.

I just picked up
Final Fantasy 15 ps4 day 1 ($32)
Star Ocean ps4 ($20)
World of Final Fantasy $28)
3 packs of 16 count peppermint hot cocoa ($21)

for $79 shipped after discount yay.

solid prices for those games.

just cause 3 is $20, homefront is $16, dead island definitve is $16, deus ex mankind divided is $20, f1 2016 limited edition is $24 after GCU.

Does BB charge immediately, or is it only after each item ships like Amazon? Thinking of pre-ordering Horizon and Persona + picking up FFXV, World of FF, and Star Ocean in the sale this weekend.

Glassboy

Does BB charge immediately, or is it only after each item ships like Amazon? Thinking of pre-ordering Horizon and Persona + picking up FFXV, World of FF, and Star Ocean in the sale this weekend.
They put a hold on your card that goes away after a few days and then charge for real a couple days before it ships

Velcro Fly

Man World of Final Fantasy is on sale and after GCU it is $28. Feel like I can find some preorders to get me up over $100 to get these even cheaper.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Can I get a best buy gift card as filler?

Yes, but your Visa discount is prorated based on the amount of the gift card.

Two full price games with GCU ($95.98) + $5 gift card gets you a $24 discount instead of the full $25, for example.

TheFuzz

I KNOW this was asked.... but hopefully someone can answer...

I bought the GCU membership yesterday and when I try to use it on another order it's not applying the discount correctly. How long does it take for the GCU to show up?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I KNOW this was asked.... but hopefully someone can answer...

I bought the GCU membership yesterday and when I try to use it on another order it's not applying the discount correctly. How long does it take for the GCU to show up?

Usually takes a few days if you get it online, but some people have said it was quicker for them.

I was planning on buying a filler item along with the Switch Pro and Charging controllers to get my total over $100, but the thing is since that item is in stock are they going to charge me right away for the full total or just the filler and then charge me the rest later?

TheFuzz

Usually takes a few days if you get it online, but some people have said it was quicker for them.

Thanks. I'm almost wondering if it's worth it to preorder two games at the $60 price and see if they'll manually adjust it. Anyone have any luck? Don't want to run the risk of missing out on the promo.

CONCH0BAR

I was planning on buying a filler item along with the Switch Pro and Charging controllers to get my total over $100, but the thing is since that item is in stock are they going to charge me right away for the full total or just the filler and then charge me the rest later?

You'll be authorized the full total, either as one charge or two charges (in-stock item + pre-order items). Then the authorization for the pre-order items will drop off, and you'll be properly charged for them when they come out. That said, the authorization charge is, for all intents and purposes, a normal charge for the time being. Make sure you have the total in your account so you don't overdraft/max out your card.

You'll be authorized the full total, either as one charge or two charges (in-stock item + pre-order items). Then the authorization for the pre-order items will drop off, and you'll be properly charged for them when they come out. That said, the authorization charge is, for all intents and purposes, a normal charge for the time being. Make sure you have the total in your account so you don't overdraft/max out your card.

Gotcha, appreciate the reply!

Best Buy is truly living up to their name! Nowhere can you get this great of deal.

Prey (PS4) $59.99
Splatoon (Switch) $59.99
Red JoyCon Wrost Strap $7.99
$138.53 -> $112.55 -> $85.88

Switch Pro Controller $69.99
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe $59.99
$140.70 -> $127.71 -> $95.68

Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition (PS4) $69.99
Arms (Switch) $59.99
$138.53 -> $112.55 -> $85.89

(Prices include tax: original cost, with gamers club and rewards, finally with visa checkout)

After the GCU, saved Best Buy rewards and the Visa Checkout offer I think I made out great! Also, all of this along with the Switch I have on order from Best Buy came with free release day delivery and all the points earned will give me a little more than $10 back I can use on something over the summer.

Bii

Not sure if this question has been answered as I've tried going back a few pages.

What if I place an order for an in-stock item along with a preorder. The in-stock item ships and then I cancel the preordered game, would Best Buy authorize a charge for the difference that I received the discount for on the in-stock game?

Piscus

Not sure if this question has been answered as I've tried going back a few pages.

What if I place an order for an in-stock item along with a preorder. The in-stock item ships and then I cancel the preordered game, would Best Buy authorize a charge for the difference that I received the discount for on the in-stock game?

Yep.

Top Bottom