• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's back: $25 off orders of $100+ @ BestBuy.com w/ Visa Checkout (ends 2/22)

OMFG I ordered another round of games. I swear I have a fucking problem, I caved in and pre-ordered Prey and Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition for $93.81 and then I used a $10 reward cert to bring the total down to $83.81.

NolbertoS

OMFG I ordered another round of games. I swear I have a fucking problem, I caved in and pre-ordered Prey and Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition for $93.81 and then I used a $10 reward cert to bring the total down to $83.81.

Cue the "justwhenIwantout theypull me back in.gif"

Visa checkout is the bomb. I don't want over order on my budget. I'll wait till the next Visa Checkout to maybe order morw games

zulux21

another sale just went live, standouts that I can see are mirrors edge Catalyst for $12, sallout 4 for $20, guitar hero live for $20, chibi robo with amiibo for $16, Just Cause 3: Collector's Edition - Xbox One for $20, and that is about it. most of it is junk.

Dartastic

Debating getting some switch accessories with this like an extra joycon set and a charging grip.

They don't have the blue set though. :(

NolbertoS

As far as I can gather based on their FAQ, it's not possible to do that with preorders in Canada. i.e: Visa Checkout Online for a Pickup In Store Preorder (Not Available Online)

Didnt even know Canada BB has Visa checkout. american BB don't take Canadian cards unless you have an American address. Hence why I have a US address and mailbox to do my game shopping in the US, using Amex and BOA Visa

Very pleased with 2 preorders and titanfall 2 and GCU for $128. If I want to pass any classes this semester I should keep it to this for now.
I do have question for those who bought GCU online; how do I use this in store?

NolbertoS

Very pleased with 2 preorders and titanfall 2 and GCU for $128. If I want to pass any classes this semester I should keep it to this for now.
I do have question for those who bought GCU online; how do I use this in store?

Once you buy GCU, you have to tell the cashier you have GCU before scanning the games, prederably. Once you do, the final price adjusts with GCU discounts. Typically, they'll ask your phone number on file

Lexxon

Ended up mirroring another user here and cancelled my solo Switch Pro Controller to a Pro Controller and Binding of Issac for $77. Crazy. I basically get BoI for $7--I wasn't willing to pay $40 or even $32 for it, but $7? Hell.

I also used this promo in the past for:

Mass Effect: Andromeda PS4 Deluxe
ME:A PC Standard
$79

And:
2x Super Mario Odyssey
$5 GC
$81.48 (this one is taxed)

I've been in love with GCU for years now, especially for Nintendo games which I generally get near launch since they don't drop much anyways. This deal is insane.

Excluded items like gift cards can help you get over the $100 limit, but don't get a discount applied to them. It's prorated based on the stuff in your cart that does apply.

So with GCU, two full price games come out to be $95.98. Adding a $5 gift card gets you over $100 to get the deal, but you get $24 off instead of the full $25 since the gift card doesn't count.
Ah so I can't do $100 PSN card + $25 product to have the total just be $100. Thanks for clarifying for me.

Right now I'm in for:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
Guardian amiibo

Breath of the Wild
Switch Pro Controller

If I wasn't interested in doing digital for Switch games I'm more likely to pick up and play (Splatoon, Disgaea, etc.), it'd be a lot worse...

FHIZ

Screw it, you guys convinced me GCU bought.
So worth it. Two years at $30, it pays for itself so quickly. Gets even more stupid valuable with the Best Buy Visa card. I only wish they would start up the $10 promotion again for the upcoming big releases. Then I'd just be laughing maniacally by the end of spring.

So I flip like $75 to around $130 a few times over to gamestop and with the money on the flips I'm getting a free pro controller and I went ahead and got 12switch just because it was free. Kinda getting hype for it now that I'm not price bitching.

Best Buy is weird for allowing multiple orders.

Jamaro85

I almost feel obligated to find more games to order whenever this comes up, geez. The fact that you don't even need exactly $100, that you can get $24 off a two game order subtotal of 95.98 is silly. $38.15 for pre-order/new release, hell any game, is just confounding. Was thinking some combination of Nier/Nioh/Persona. This time.

Past scoops ordered/waiting on release (each ordered in a two set to get maximum benefit for $38.15 price each):

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Days Gone

Final Fantasy XV
Horizon: Zero Dawn

Final Fantasy VII: Remake
Kingdom Hearts III (If Best Buy still remembers this order by the time these games exist)

Red Dead Redemption 2
God of War

So worth it. Two years at $30, it pays for itself so quickly. Gets even more stupid valuable with the Best Buy Visa card. I only wish they would start up the $10 promotion again for the upcoming big releases. Then I'd just be laughing maniacally by the end of spring.

I'm already appalled by how ridiculous this deal is but will just lose my mind if they start giving us the $10 pre-order credit again. Still got $20 sitting around from other orders. And imagine if we still also got 2x points on every dollar. Ahh man.

Velcro Fly

Yeah way back when before Christmas I got FFXV and KH2.8 for like $38 or so each and also got the $10 reward certificate for preordering FFXV.

I've seen some people upset about not many upcoming games having the $10 reward cert attached but this deal is as good or better if there are two games you want.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Switch Pro Controller
Subtotal: $129.98

-$12 Gamer's Club Unlocked
-$5 Reward Certificate
-$25 Promotional Code

Pre-tax order total: $87.98

Savings: $42
Savings percentage: 32%

Nice.

Vitacat

I ordered GCU online on Wednesday. It worked on the games that were in the cart with it when I ordered. But it still is not active when I place games in my cart now (Friday).

Hoping it starts working soon because I'd like to place a few more game pre-orders while this Visa Checkout deal is on.

I ordered GCU online on Wednesday. It worked on the games that were in the cart with it when I ordered. But it still is not active when I place games in my cart now (Friday).

Hoping it starts working soon because I'd like to place a few more game pre-orders while this Visa Checkout deal is on.

The same thing happening to me, but I made my order yesterday and when I try today there is no discount.

Jamaro85

Final prices after tax:

Persona 5 - $39.29
The Last Guardian - $24.72
Gamers Club Unlocked - $24.57

Subtotal - $109.98
Discount - ($25.00)
Tax - $3.60

Total - $88.58

No tax on The Last Guardian for whatever reason...I'll take it. Planned on picking up TLG and Persona one day and GCU expires in a month, perfect timing Best Buy/Visa!

wow, did not know this, added a $15 gift card to push me over. My wallet isn't safe this weekend lol.

I'm glad that that is still the case and that it worked out for you! I hadn't tried it since two Checkout offer periods ago so I was thinking there was a minor chance they had changed it.

So I know you can't grab a $100 gift card and get the $25 off - did it give you the full $24/25 off when you used the $15 gift card to reach the discount threshold, ($24 if the subtotal was $94) or did it take off a proportional percentage for the $15 gift card, making the total discount closer to $21? It's neither here nor there if it lets you get the discount period, but I was just curious as to how they work that out.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Fun having a million games preordered knowing full well I don't have the time to play even half of them.

Fun having a million games preordered knowing full well I don't have the time to play even half of them.

Pretty much this. I'm already buried alive with the first round of games I preordered back in November with this promo (Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, RE7, Nioh). Nier is out next week and Switch/Zelda in 2 weeks. This is just the tip of iceberg too. I'm already dead.

hollomat

Banned
Pretty much this. I'm already buried alive with the first round of games I preordered back in November with this promo (Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, RE7, Nioh). Nier is out next week and Switch/Zelda in 2 weeks. This is just the tip of iceberg too. I'm already dead.

Are you in Japan? Nier releases march 7 in the US.

Newbie here...Is it possibly to use GCU online on someone elses account? and still get the deal?
It would be just easier to buy it on the account with the person that has the discount and have the items sent to the other person or the even picking it up.

The $10 bonuses will come around fall/holidays, they rarely have bonuses for early year games unless they're big Microsoft games. I can't remember the last Sony game they gave out bonuses for.

Cloud7

Two questions:

1. My orders are still "in progress". Is that a bad thing?
2. These are all Switch products that I will have shipped to my place by launch date. Should I worry that they won't actually show up on launch date (I have GCU if that matters)?

NolbertoS

Welcome to NeoGAF. This is basically our manifesto.

Actually CAG was the one that invented the backlog manifesto through online word of mouth, retail sales dates, etc. Since alot of CAGers are also GAFers, it spilled into here that CAG and GAF are linked closely

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Two questions:

2. These are all Switch products that I will have shipped to my place by launch date. Should I worry that they won't actually show up on launch date (I have GCU if that matters)?

Why would they ship it this early?

Strakt

so if i want the xbox one elite controller, can they price match amazon to $134 , then get the $25 off to make it around $110?

also can you pick up in store or is it shipping only

zulux21

Two questions:

in general best buy ships out 24-48 hours before release.
most of the time your items either arrive on time or a day early.

every once in a while an item will miss the release date by a day.

I don't think I have had anything miss it by more than that (and even then it's really rare) aside from the odd item that they completely screw up things on, but in those cases best buy typically is super awesome and gives you a big refund or the item just for free*

*referring to the majora's mask screw up.

so if i want the xbox one elite controller, can they price match amazon to $134 , then get the $25 off to make it around $110?

also can you pick up in store or is it shipping only

Pricematch should work, but you'll have to call in to customer service to get it. Can pickup in store if its in stock.

hollomat

Banned
No, sorry. Guess I was looking at the JPN release date instead of US. Not that the few extra weeks are going to help alleviate the situation any!

Yup. Next week would be the perfect time for it, but unfortunately coming out right after horizon and Zelda there's going to be no time for me to play it.

Still have it pre ordered though thanks to GCU and visa checkout.

Just picked up a Shield tablet for 190 with the 25 bucks off

I wish there was some type of controller solution for the shield tablet. Android tablets that powerful are really fantastic.

I feel like Nintendo stole Shield Tablet and Shield Portable to make the perfect device for me, but a Shield Tablet with proper controls would likely get used by me even more with having access to android apps.

That tablet feels and looks awesome. Enjoy.

Ramenlol

Neo Member
Gotta get in on this tonight before they pull the plug.
I got an email from visa checkout about it lasting until the 22nd. I know they can pull it early but I'm crossing my fingers since I'm in the "waiting for gcu discounts to show up on my account" crew.

About 48 hours since I bought GCU but still not activating, I signed up for their forum and left a message so hopefully support can help me there. Really wanna get some more orders in before this promotion goes away...

I wish there was some type of controller solution for the shield tablet. Android tablets that powerful are really fantastic.

I feel like Nintendo stole Shield Tablet and Shield Portable to make the perfect device for me, but a Shield Tablet with proper controls would likely get used by me even more with having access to android apps.

That tablet feels and looks awesome. Enjoy.

You mean something other than the Shield Controller from Nvidia?

Top Bottom