• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's back: $25 off orders of $100+ @ BestBuy.com w/ Visa Checkout (ends 2/22)

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
I'm trying to order a set of Neon Joycons and 1-2 Switch, but the website keeps telling me that the Joycons can't be shipped to my selected address. I tried Switch-ing to a different address, and got the same error. Anybody have any idea what's up?

I'm trying to order a set of Neon Joycons and 1-2 Switch, but the website keeps telling me that the Joycons can't be shipped to my selected address. I tried Switch-ing to a different address, and got the same error. Anybody have any idea what's up?

It's just not available in your region. It's available in other cities and states.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
Ya, it's just sold out in your area. The Blue joycons were sold out in my area while available in others.

And crap, now completely sold out. Guess I'll get them some other time, unless they come back in stock in the next couple of days, and someone gives me a poke to let me know.

Is there some type of calculator that organizes orders closest to a target total? I've got like 4 pre-orders at $40 and $48 and a couple used games at $13.50 and I'm trying to figure out how to split them best.

Rootbeer

Banned
My GCU expires in June.

Thinking about making another order and adding a 2 year membership. I can simply extend it this way, right?

Kolma

Never took advantage of this before but I think I did good.

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk - PlayStation 4 - Item Total $51.35
The Legend of Zelda™: Breath of the Wild™ - Nintendo Wii U - Item Total $43.32 ($7.50 discount)
Nintendo - Pro Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch - Item Total $56.17 ($17.50 discount)

Product Total $165.97
Discounts
Promotional Codes -$25.00
Sales Tax, Fees & Surcharges$9.87
Order Total $150.84

All for in store pickup (was shocked I could ship to store the Pro Controller)

Note: Yes I am getting BOTW on Switch(Master Edition) but gf isn't getting a Switch yet so buying it on Wii U as well for her. Berserk is also for her, just figured if I'm getting both those games I might as well sneak in a cheap Pro Controller for Switch.

DMONKUMA

And crap, now completely sold out. Guess I'll get them some other time, unless they come back in stock in the next couple of days, and someone gives me a poke to let me know.

They come back in stock randomly. I got my blue joycons recently by just checking website from time to time, then they became available for shipping to my area and I got them. I checked the page again and they were got sold out in 5-10mins. They've appear some times after that but it's really random so idk if you will get lucky or not.

buttdiver

Never took advantage of this before but I think I did good.

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk - PlayStation 4 - Item Total $51.35
The Legend of Zelda™: Breath of the Wild™ - Nintendo Wii U - Item Total $43.32 ($7.50 discount)
Nintendo - Pro Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch - Item Total $56.17 ($17.50 discount)

Product Total $165.97
Discounts
Promotional Codes -$25.00
Sales Tax, Fees & Surcharges$9.87
Order Total $150.84

All for in store pickup (was shocked I could ship to store the Pro Controller)

Note: Yes I am getting BOTW on Switch(Master Edition) but gf isn't getting a Switch yet so buying it on Wii U as well for her. Berserk is also for her, just figured if I'm getting both those games I might as well sneak in a cheap Pro Controller for Switch.

You know, you could just split that order into $100 and a $50 with another $50 item. That way you get $50 back in Visa discounts.

The_Spaniard

Netmarble
They come back in stock randomly. I got my blue joycons recently by just checking website from time to time, then they became available for shipping to my area and I got them. I checked the page again and they were got sold out in 5-10mins. They've appear some times after that but it's really random so idk if you will get lucky or not.

Okay, I don't get it, I can search and add the Neon Joycons to my cart, and see them in my cart, but the moment I try to checkout it tells me that they are sold out and auto-removes them from the cart.

gappvembe

It got me again!
Almost forgot Dr. Strange was coming out, and since I have the rest of the steel cases, I have to keep going. Well that was $30, I'm roughly a third of the way there..... What else?

Bomberman R, but my gamers club is expired. So I added that to and it worked. But with all that I came up to $99.98. I found a USB case for $4, which will be useful.

japtor

About 48 hours since I bought GCU but still not activating, I signed up for their forum and left a message so hopefully support can help me there. Really wanna get some more orders in before this promotion goes away...
I don't know exactly when mine activated, but mine is activated now about 48 hours after receiving the confirmation email, which was I think like a day after I ordered it.

Anyway since mine activated I got my orders in oh god I spent a lot...but I saved a lot I guess. Counting the Visa and GCU discounts together:

Neon joycons + GCU to start with $25 off
Cable modem (just cause I need one for a new place) and Puyo Puyo Tetris, $33 off (and $17.28 back for price matching the modem...which seems like too much back but I'm not complaining)
Bomberman, 1-2-Switch, some amiibo filler, ~$50 off
Zelda, Mario Odyssey, more amiibo filler, ~$50 off

And like $3-4 back from Ebates eventually.

(...just remembered I also ordered AirPods from Macy's for $24 off with a sign up coupon there, which I realized I could've gotten slightly cheaper at BB, but Macy's had them in stock vs shipping in April. Also more Ebates cash back if that goes through)

nahlakhai

Pro Controller + BOTW = $100.88
Horizon: Zero Dawn + Splatoon 2 + PDP Switch Screen Protector = $85.68

All prices after taxes. Great deal. Thanks OP and Slickdeals.

Jamaro85

I don't know exactly when mine activated, but mine is activated now about 48 hours after receiving the confirmation email, which was I think like a day after I ordered it.

Hopefully this is the reason why my purchase hasn't added on to my current membership time.

I got an email saying welcome to GCU, you are a member through 2/16/2019, but in My Best Buy it is showing that my membership ends May of this year. Hopefully the first email is just BB being lazy with not showing current members that they are extended two years, and hopefully the correct membership expiration date shows up in the next few days.

(I'm currently waiting on the line for Best Buy customer service - I've spoken to three people who all said they were the wrong department to ask that question, and each has said they'd pass me to the correct department. This is a mess.)

japtor

Hopefully this is the reason why my purchase hasn't added on to my current membership time.

I got an email saying welcome to GCU, you are a member through 2/16/2019, but in My Best Buy it is showing that my membership ends May of this year. Hopefully the first email is just BB being lazy with not showing current members that they are extended two years, and hopefully the correct membership expiration date shows up in the next few days.

(I'm currently waiting on the line for Best Buy customer service - I've spoken to three people who all said they were the wrong department to ask that question, and each has said they'd pass me to the correct department. This is a mess.)
Yeah that's basically how it worked for me. Got the welcome email with date, then it took about 48 hours (or a little less) after that to actually show up on my account online and be able to get discounts with it.

And try @bestbuysupport if you have Twitter. They got my price match done quicker than the time it would've taken me to go through phone support. Although when I asked about GCU they just gave the 24-48 hours quote, but if you haggle them I bet they're still better than dealing with the phone people.

Yeah that's basically how it worked for me. Got the welcome email with date, then it took about 48 hours (or a little less) after that to actually show up on my account online and be able to get discounts with it.

And try @bestbuysupport if you have Twitter. They got my price match done quicker than the time it would've taken me to go through phone support. Although when I asked about GCU they just gave the 24-48 hours quote, but if you haggle them I bet they're still better than dealing with the phone people.

I never even got a welcome email. I had GCU before so maybe that's why? I'm getting a bit worried though, the post I made on their forum didn't even get a stock response or anything.

Edit: Son of a bitch went and checked my account for the millionth time and IT'S ACTIVATED! Time to take advantage of this promotion for real, finally!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Because you don't get the savings till the last items ship. Need to save money now, not later.

What do you mean?
You save right away, every item is given the discount evenly and they ship at the price stated.

They first item doesn't ship full price with the last item having the full $25 discount if that's what you mean.

mrk8885

Banned
Such tempting deals when this stuff pops up but my backlog is already so ridiculous that I end up saving nothing at all. I either don't get to it....or get to it much later when it's cheaper anyways.

I buy too many games.

Had loaded tales of berseria and yakuza 0 in my cart before I'm like NOPE. don't do it.

Vitacat

This deal is so good.

I just pre-ordered every Switch game I want for the rest of 2017, for $24 - $36 each (depending on original price and if I also applied rewards etc.).

I think I might also order 1-2 Switch with a Pro controller. That will basically be like buying 1-2 Switch for about $15, which is just about what it should've cost in the first place IMO.

P.S. My GCU activated today after buying it on online Wednesday. So 3 days.

TheFuzz

This deal is so good.

I just pre-ordered every Switch game I want for the rest of 2017, for $24 - $36 each (depending on original price and if I also applied rewards etc.).

I think I might also order 1-2 Switch with a Pro controller. That will basically be like buying 1-2 Switch for about $15, which is just about what it should've cost in the first place IMO.

P.S. My GCU activated today after buying it on online Wednesday. So 3 days.

Thanks for the PS. I bought mine Thursday, so I'm looking forward to ordering some more games tomorrow.

Thanks for posting this. There's 3 games coming up that I know I'm getting no matter what, so I went ahead and ordered Breath of the Wild and Persona 5, along with some $5 earphones. Mass Effect Andromeda was the other game I was thinking of getting, but I doubt I'll be done with Zelda by the time Andromeda comes out, and out of the three games I'm pretty positive it's going to be the one going on sale earliest. But yeah, able to pick up BotW and P5 for $81.00 total! Awesome!

Ugh I really hate that full digital games don't get the discount.I really want For Honor and Mass Effect Andromeda digitally for $82 and change.

So... My orders with this started with the basic:

-GCU
-Mass Effect Andromeda (PC)
-Zelda Breath of the Wild

Now today after GCU finally activated on my account I went and transferred my other Switch preorders over to this throwing in some Amiibo as fillers:

-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
-Splatoon 2
-Lucina Amiibo

-Lego City Undercover (Switch)
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Dark Pit Amiibo

I hoped I was done but now I went and made hopefully one final order...

-Yakuza 0
-Horizon Zero Dawn
-Zero Suit Samus Amiibo

...There's nothing else I want now, right? Right?

Megatron

So... My orders with this started with the basic:

-GCU
-Mass Effect Andromeda (PC)
-Zelda Breath of the Wild

Now today after GCU finally activated on my account I went and transferred my other Switch preorders over to this throwing in some Amiibo as fillers:

-Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
-Splatoon 2
-Lucina Amiibo

-Lego City Undercover (Switch)
-Super Mario Odyssey
-Dark Pit Amiibo

I hoped I was done but now I went and made hopefully one final order...

-Yakuza 0
-Horizon Zero Dawn
-Zero Suit Samus Amiibo

...There's nothing else I want now, right? Right?

Accessories? Joycons, case, screen protector, pro controller, charge grip?

I ordered the pro controller plus yukalaylee. $76 after this deal.

Accessories? Joycons, case, screen protector, pro controller, charge grip?

I ordered the pro controller plus yukalaylee. $76 after this deal.

Don't need more joycons, Best Buy doesn't carry the case I'm interested in most at this point (RDS Industries) plus I want to wait for hands on reviews of cases before picking one, don't use screen protectors, am actively keeping myself from buying a Pro Controller at this point so I can at least try out the Joycon grip first, and don't need the charge grip as I don't mind charging them off the Switch itself.

I did consider picking up the 200GB MicroSD from Best Buy, but it's cheaper at Amazon so I'll grab it there later once I get a case and battery pack.

Jesus fuck I hate this deal, because it stacks with GCU it makes a whole bunch of "I'll get that when it drops to $30" games make sense to preorder to play them sooner.

What I bought and prices as they show in order history (discount+taxes applied):

World of Final Fantasy - $24.66
Final Fantasy XV - $25.74
Horizon: Zero Dawn - $38.61

Nioh - $36.82
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness - $16.13
Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX - $30.69

Persona 5 - $38.60
The Last Guardian - $25.74
Mirror's Edge Catalyst (PC) - $11.12
Until Dawn (used) - $10.85

GOD WARS Future Past (PS4) - $32.17
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - $28.96
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (PS4) - $32.17

MLB The Show 17 - $38.61
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) - $38.61
The Last of Us Remastered (used) - $13.40

Fuck me now I'm looking at a Switch Pro Controller and microSD cards. Honestly, if I'm gonna pick it up anyway, I'm losing money not buying more stuff.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Managed
1-2-Switch
Zelda
Lego Batman 3
Kirby Amiibo

For $76 pre-tax after the promo but I couldn't bring myself to buy the Kirby amiibo. I'll swap it out for something else tomorrow and place the order.

Ordered the $78 200GB microsd with $35 eshop card as filler to bring it up over $100. Brought the SD card down to $60. Pretty good, but I'm not really sure I need a SD card that big for the Switch still.

sensui-tomo

So kingdom hearts 2.8 apparently went down in price, gcu is now $39.99. Thank god i didnt buy it 10 minutes ago. Getting the KH collection in this as well, i need a $20ish filler, any recomendations?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Aw man, I just got KH a few days ago. Would have saved $8 and gotten my order closer to $100.

You could still contact customer service for a price adjustment. If it's within the return window they'll refund you the difference. They're very good about it, even when there's a promo stacked on.

Velcro Fly

That feeling when the games you really want to preorder are not available to preorder yet.

I am kinda tempted by Mario Sports Superstars but it seems like I can't get the superstar characters without amiibo.

Top Bottom