• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$25 off $100 purchases with VISA Checkout is back with BestBuy.com

Works on preorders as well and stacks with GCU discounts. Does not work in combination of rewards certificates though. If you have an existing order, youd have to cancel it and reorder, its finalized with VISA checkout not the normal Best Buy checkout.

If you don't have a VISA card, no worries, you can register your MC or Discover and still take advantage of it.

EDIT:

Looks like its one transaction per account, which wasn't the case before.

Exclusions:

Excludes Amazon streaming players; Amazon Echo products; Google Home; Google Chromecast and Chromecast Audio; Google Wifi; Bose® audio products; Sonos; Polk Audio; Denon; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Blu-ray and DVD players; Sony audio, TVs and 3D glasses, Blu-ray and DVD players, and set-top boxes; select LG TVs and Blu-ray players; subscription software services; GoPro cameras and accessories; digital music services and download cards; select Dyson products; Pacific Sales products; and all Magnolia Home Theater products.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Hmm... This on top of GCU might make getting MK8 Deluxe worth it after all...

Sadly, can't really do it with the Switch itself, since I can't cancel and re-order.

Glassboy

I can't get it to work. I did previously use it to stack of other preorders so they may have fixed the one use per account unfortunately.

Exclusions:

Excludes Amazon streaming players; Amazon Echo products; Google Home; Google Chromecast and Chromecast Audio; Google Wifi; Bose® audio products; Sonos; Polk Audio; Denon; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Blu-ray and DVD players; Sony audio, TVs and 3D glasses, Blu-ray and DVD players, and set-top boxes; select LG TVs and Blu-ray players; subscription software services; GoPro cameras and accessories; digital music services and download cards; select Dyson products; Pacific Sales products; and all Magnolia Home Theater products.

Rootbeer

Banned
cancelled my 5 BotW amiibo and re-ordered all 5 along with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to get the $25 off... off to a great start.

Now, what to order next!

Totakeke

Re-ordered the BotW special edition with Arms in one order. Probably could do another with Splatoon 2 and another game... could always cancel them afterwards.

ironmang

Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, and $10 PSN card for $86.

Would have preferred to use some of the credit and coupons that are piling up but not bad.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Not nearly as good as when i could pair it with the B1G1 sale, but what can you do?

A shame I can't preorder a Switch with this.

Totakeke

Gravity Rush 2, Nioh, and $10 PSN card for $86.

Would have preferred to use some of the credit and coupons that are piling up but not bad.

Oh, good call. The gift cards won't be included in the discount but they'll still apply for the $100 minimum. After GCU you get two $60 games for like 95 so you'll still get $24 off. Better that then spending more money on useless junk. :p

How long will this apply for? Looking at a new PC.

They usually just last one day iirc.

Rootbeer

Banned
*EDIT* nevermind... order went through... i got the discount twice... course, I don't know if they will cancel the 2nd order or what... but it went through and didn't tell me I couldn't do it

I know the OP says one per account, just wondering if anyone has been able to use it more than once?

I tried to do a 2nd order... discount showed after entering my details... but when i submitted the order, it seemed like the order went through, but i never received a txt/e-mail and my cart got emptied. nothing on order page either.

if the order didn't go through, at least keep my items in the cart? hmmmm

amiibo make good filler items if you're a nintendo fan ;)

Or... lego dimensions packs.

just some suggestions!

What are the chances I can get my money back out of the Amiibo if I sell it on something like Amazon? I know I'm being frugal as hell, I just don't care about Amiibos.

Rootbeer

Banned
So, I have two orders submitted and now showing on my order page. Would it be pushing my luck if I tried to get more than 2 orders using this promo?

Is BB known to cancel orders on stuff like this?

Velcro Fly

So, I have two orders submitted and now showing on my order page. Would it be pushing my luck if I tried to get more than 2 orders using this promo?

Is BB known to cancel orders on stuff like this?

They didn't cancel any of the three I did before Christmas and I know of others who did way more.

Scratch my earlier post, it wirks if you used it before but now they make you spend at least 100

My original pick up last time this was up
Mario Galaxy 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Mass Effect

And just now
Zelda Switch
Mario
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
RDR 2
Prey
God of War
Zelda Guardian Amiibo
Zelda Archer Link Amiibo
and a 16 go sd card for my daughters kindle

Palocca

What are the chances I can get my money back out of the Amiibo if I sell it on something like Amazon? I know I'm being frugal as hell, I just don't care about Amiibos.

Just buy and return them. If you check your order, the 25 off gets distributed based on the price of each item. You do actually have to pick up the item though. If you try to cancel online, the promo disappears.

When they had this promo last month I pre-ordered two games at a time and it gave me $24 off a $95.98, but it looks like they changed it this time around and I have to hit $100.00 with filler items. :(

Just buy and return them. If you check your order, the 25 off gets distributed based on the price of each item. You do actually have to pick up the item though. If you try to cancel online, the promo disappears.

Awesome, thanks. Also as for Visa checkout and only being able to do the deal once. What if that was just your primary payment method. You can't not get the discount, so I don't know why that is an issue. Why not enforce it once per account?

Also I don't know why, but I can't add the BOTW special edition. It says it isn't available for local pickup, so I change it to shipping and it just goes right back to local pickup.

Top Bottom