• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's back: $25 off orders of $100+ @ BestBuy.com w/ Visa Checkout (ends 2/22)

What? It's supposed to last till 2/22.

Yep, it's over

Don't really understand when it says "Due to popular demand, this offer is no longer available, but you can still pay with Visa Checkout on BestBuy.com anytime."

People were demanding Best Buy to stop giving them $25 off with Visa checkout?

There is probably only a limited allotment of money they set aside for the promotion. Costs them money to run it.

They mean there was a finite number of discounts that were being offered. Because of demand, those number of discounts have been used up.

Ah, okay.

At least I'll get some GCU discount on Kingdom Hearts when that activates

Vitacat

Wow, ok. Well, lucky me, I got all my orders in earlier.

Sucks bad for people who were waiting for their GCU to activate online, though.

But I could've sworn the ad said it ended on the 22nd. Am I wrong?

_woLf

Yep, it's over

Don't really understand when it says "Due to popular demand, this offer is no longer available, but you can still pay with Visa Checkout on BestBuy.com anytime."

There is probably only a limited allotment of money they set aside for the promotion. Costs them money to run it.

What? It's supposed to last till 2/22.

This is the third time in the last three months it has been available. Each time it ended early. People should know by now to not wait.

Yep, it's over

They mean there was a finite number of discounts that were being offered. Because of demand, those number of discounts have been used up.

was able to put in 2 orders and you know what this ending early saves me from spending over 200 dollars this week. I'll definitely check out this offer if it pops up again in a few months.

Well shit am I glad that my GCU activated today, then. Sucks for those who couldn't get in on time, but at the rate they've been having these promotions they should run it again in a month or two anyway. Guess I can stop contemplating getting a Switch Pro Controller with the 200GB MicroSD card now XP

Rootbeer

Banned
Got a lot of orders in between this period and last period...

GCU + VISA checkout promo is the most killer combo in gaming.

SlickVic

Yep, it's over

Ah, okay.

At least I'll get some GCU discount on Kingdom Hearts when that activates

Yeah, I remember last time they ran this promo they wound up extending it like 3 days, then ultimately ended it a day early from the extended date.

The good news is this promo has been showing up pretty regularly (feels like it's shown up at least once a month since December), but next time I'd probably make your purchases soon after the deal goes live, since I wouldn't count on the deal lasting until the end date.

Wagram

You have to wonder how much money Bestbuy rakes in over this promotion. I normally would wait for a lot of titles to go on sale, but $40 isn't bad.

Hesh

Damn, was going to place an order Friday at work and decided to hold off until Sunday once the new week's promos went up to see if anything I wanted went down in price. Oh well, guess I get to save $75 instead of spending it on some games I didn't really need.

It sucks that it's over but that's why I got in as many orders as I could. All in all this was my final haul.

Order#1

Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition (PS4) $52.79
Nintendo Switch Pro Controller $57.15
Total: 109.94

Order#2

MLB The Show 2017 $39.19
Danganronpa 1-2 Reload $26.12
Danganronpa Another Episode:UDG $20.67
Total: $85.98

Order#3

Nioh $39.19
Yooka Laylee (PS4) $26.12
Rime (PS4) $20.67
Total: $85.98

Order#4

Prey (PS4) $36.23
Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition $47.58
$10 reward cert
Total: $83.81

Order#5

BulletStorm Full Clip Edition (PS4) $32.65
Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy $26.12
Best Buy GCU 2 Year Sub $23.00
Total: $81.77

GCU and Visa Checkout is the best and I didn't even include orders from the past Visa checkout promotions.

Swass

This is the third time in the last three months it has been available. Each time it ended early. People should know by now to not wait.

Just a small correction.. the last time this was offered it actually lasted the entire promotion and then got extended.. the extension then ended early.

OK, I got my Solid State drive in my PS4 Pro and it shows I'm using 750 mb of 408gb? Shouldn't it read as more than that? My 2tb Firecuda also reads as 1.84tb.

The GCU discount worked on my first purchase, but hasn't showed up in 3 days. I read it sometimes takes that long, but that's ok since the deal ends on the 22. Now I see it's gone early? Fucking hell. I hope I can call BB tomorrow and have them give me the deal, I had several other games I was going to buy.

Maybe they should put a limit on amount of orders? People who are ordering like 5 different orders are the ones that making it end prematurely.

Maybe they should put a limit on amount of orders? People who are ordering like 5 different orders are the ones that making it end prematurely.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's people who put in dozens or even a handful with hundreds of orders under these promotions. Resellers have got to love it.

Nah, keep it as is. It's been available for almost a week. No real excuse for missing out on it. Plus, it's been available a few times over the last few months. Why ruin it for everyone else?

neonglow

I wouldn't be surprised if there's people who put in dozens or even a handful with hundreds of orders under these promotions. Resellers have got to love it.

There's a strict limit of 3 per game item. If you go over that too many times, Best Buy will ban your account. It's happened to several people already on Slickdeals.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Ah well, tits and ass. I had some items in my cart Saturday night, decided to sleep on it, and then promptly forgot about it. I was gonna put in an order today on my lunch break.

Oh well, guess I'll hold off on major purchases until the next one rolls around. (I was ready to pre-order practically every Nintendo first-party Switch game.)

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
procrastination kills, smh now I have these gc burning a whole in my pocket

Ironically a gift card was what was fucking me up in the first place. There's a $10 gift card tied to my account that was taking my $103 cart down to $93 and killing the visa order. I decided to look around to see how to best fill in that $7 spot and in the process the deal died. Meh.

I couldn't reset my password due to putting in the incorrect answers to the security questions, so I contacted customer support. I emailed them on the 15th and just this morning got a reply back saying that they cancelled my account so I can create a new one.

Of course the deal expired while I waited ;)

Nah, keep it as is. It's been available for almost a week. No real excuse for missing out on it. Plus, it's been available a few times over the last few months. Why ruin it for everyone else?

Its the people who are ordering several that are ruining it for everyone else.

Its the people who are ordering several that are ruining it for everyone else.

If this thing died within hours, I'd think you'd have a case. The fact that it lasted for several days to me is plenty of time for people to jump in on it. So no, don't ruin it for everyone else because some people didn't jump on a deal that was around for awhile.

Oh well, didn't order the switch accessories I was debating. Hopefully they'll have it again eventually but didn't need to get the accessories technically anyhow. No loss.

If this thing died within hours, I'd think you'd have a case. The fact that it lasted for several days to me is plenty of time for people to jump in on it. So no, don't ruin it for everyone else because some people didn't jump on a deal that was around for awhile.

How am I ruining it for everyone else? If there's a limit to greed, then everyone would have the chance to get it.

I freaked out over how much I'd spent on this promo, canceled a bunch of orders, and then came crawling back only to find that it had ended. I'm not sure if I'm glad, disappointed, or both.

atomsk

Party Pooper
was hoping they would put up Danganronpa V3 and Tokyo Xanadu before this ended, but they're still "Coming Soon"

it's weird they have the pages up, but you can't actually preorder them.

oh well

How am I ruining it for everyone else? If there's a limit to greed, then everyone would have the chance to get it.

Because using it multiple times is part of what makes the deal so good. It's value goes down significantly if it's a one time use. It changes from 25% off to only just 25% off $100 one time. Even if you limited it, people would still miss out on the deal. All you do is just ruin it for everyone else who doesn't procrastinate. Again, it's been available for days and it's not the first time it's been available. It's been around several times over the last few months. There has been plenty of opportunity for people to take advantage of it. Limiting it would just extremely ruin the deal for everyone.

ameleco

Ugh. Was wondering why my order didn't reduce the price :( I did get most everything I wanted (games, etc) but I didn't get the pro controller or charging grip at a reduced price. Bummer

We probably won't see another promo until next month, right?
Maybe they are cashing in on Tax season. So maybe once more in March before they call it quits. I honestly want them to stop and come back after E3, so that Best Buy can add more games to pre-order XD.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
damn it ended early? was thinking of putting a 4th order in.

... maybe that's for the best

Top Bottom