• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Its everyone in Tekken 7 just evil?

I am just a Tekken 3 guy (and a bit of 4 and 5), what makes Eddy evil?

He works for Tekken Force after T5 because they oppose G-Corp who is headed by Kazuya, who killed his dad. It's why he fights Lucky Chloe who is G-Corps idol for PR purposes, and is shaking her down for Kazuya's location. It's hilarious that Chloe is a bad guy, she also is an asshole. Eddie isn't necessarily an evil guy, he is just working with the Mishima Zaibatsu to get his revenge.

Village

Azrael is a monster that would have emerged & destroyed everything. Jin lured him out early (& I think at a weaker state) by creating conflict to bait Azrael.
There is no proof that would have happened. He could have just stayed dormant

Jin isn't just an evil jerk, but even worse a dumb evil jerk.

Kazuya let a satellite fall into a city and he is still much much less worse than jin. Jun's good dna couldn't undo heihachi's fuck boy dna

Hachijo clan knew he would become a danger. Which is why they sent Kazumi.
But you could say those events made him evil, heh.

And Kazumi surely did a good job destroying the Mishima bloodline. She even gave birth to the most fucked up of all.

Tekken story is just trash, fun tier trash though.
How is kazuya the most fucked up? Everything he's done is in reaction to fuckery thrust upon him. He didn't throw his son off of a cliff, he didn't murder his father and wife steal their business and fund war. He didn't cause a world wide genocidal war , because of a non confirmed threat that any other military organization would have spent years of research before acting. Kaz isn't a saint by any means, let the zabastu just keep running into 2 making him compliment in their fuckery, and murdered a guy. But I feel almost everything his or does is him reacting to other motherfuckers doing way worse shit,the is the least worst by faaaar

Because in comparison o jin or heihachi's antics and why kazuya did those things, Kazuya looks like weak shit.

" This looks dangerous, lets murder millions of people around the world to wake it up and punch it"

" but there is no proof that it will wake...we need to do years of research before we even consider such an apocolyptic option"
" I WANNA FUCKING PUNCH IT"

" Oh a family member has a thing I want or might be stronger than me, time for murder and to steal their things"

" I wanna kill mad dad and kinda just be a chill ass satan that hosts fight tournaments. And genetically engineer dope animals to do fights. Oh my son started a war, I should probably stop that or something"

BiggNife

Josie, Xiaoyu, Lili, Nina, Katarina, Marshall Law, Claudio, Leo, Steve Fox, Paul, Alisa, Asuka, Bob, Hworang, King, Kuma/Panda, Yoshimitsu, Miguel, etc.

The majority of the cast are not "evil".

Nina is a hired gun who will work for whomever. She's basically True Neutral.

A lot of those other characters you mentioned are good but also have absolutely nothing to do with the main plotline. Lars and Alisa are the only unquestionably good characters in the main Mishima plot.

Didn't Nina work with Jin for a long time, including Tekken 6 (and 7)? Besides her only Claudio appeared in the story.

Yeah, like mentioned below she's more True Neutral than anything else.

Nina is a hired gun who will work for whomever. She's basically True Neutral.

A lot of those other characters you mentioned are good but also have absolutely nothing to do with the main plotline. Lars and Asuka are the only unquestionably good characters in the main Mishima plot.

Well the OP mentioned the universe as a whole and not just the main plot. :p

MechaX

Yeah, just tried to kill everybody else. Just not his son. What a noble guy

Although to be fair, would Geese chain up his own father in some underground basement and let him starve to death like Heihachi did to Jinpachi?

Geese would probably cut that bullshit and just 1v1 him at that point.

And now that I think about it, Geese also wasn't about the "dip living fighters in molten fucking gold to create statues" life like Rugal was. Geese is a giant asshole, but at least the guy has business sense and is straightforward.

SkylineRKR

There is no proof that would have happened. He could have just stayed dormant

Jin isn't just an evil jerk, but even worse a dumb evil jerk.

Kazuya let a satellite fall into a city and he is still much much less worse than jin. Jun's good dna couldn't undo heihachi's fuck boy dna

How is kazuya the most fucked up? Everything he's done is in reaction to fuckery thrust upon him. He didn't throw his son off of a cliff, he didn't murder his father and wife steal their business and fund war. He didn't cause a world wide genocidal war , because of a non confirmed threat that any other military organization would have spent years of research before acting. Kaz isn't a saint by any means, let the zabastu just keep running into 2 making him compliment in their fuckery, and murdered a guy. But I feel almost everything his or does is him reacting to other motherfuckers doing way worse shit,the is the least worst by faaaar

Because in comparison o jin or heihachi's antics and why kazuya did those things, Kazuya looks like weak shit.

According to the story he was far more ruthless as head of the Zaibatsu than Heihachi ever was. Alledgedly he raped Jun, though this is unclear. He gave kill orders, experimented on animals. He surely wants to kill his son and take his power since they met in 4, he just never succeeded yet. His goals aren't to rid the world of the devil gene, like Jin and Hei, but rather to dominate it with an iron fist.

Jin used to be a good guy, who respected his late mothers wishes. His heel turn in T6 is awkward though they tried to make it so that he actually does it to save the world from greater chaos. I don't really like that turn and Azazel was a piece of shit anyway, but after 5 the story probably had to go somewhere. He's expected to make amends in 8.

Heihachi has been haphazardly changed to a semi-good guy. Why did he kill his wife? Because she was a demon that wanted to kill him first. Kazuya was likely a demon as well, which is why he tested his survivability (admittedly, there must've been better ways lol). Hei became ruthless since his wife died and put his own father away. But even Hei didn't shoot first.

Kazumi seems to be the root of all evil, also the one who mixes the devil gene with the Mishima bloodline.

Neoxon

According to the story he was far more ruthless as head of the Zaibatsu than Heihachi ever was. Alledgedly he raped Jun, though this is unclear. He gave kill orders, experimented on animals. He surely wants to kill his son and take his power since they met in 4, he just never succeeded yet. His goals aren't to rid the world of the devil gene, like Jin and Hei, but rather to dominate it with an iron fist.

Jin used to be a good guy, who respected his late mothers wishes. His heel turn in T6 is awkward though they tried to make it so that he actually does it to save the world from greater chaos. I don't really like that turn and Azazel was a piece of shit anyway, but after 5 the story probably had to go somewhere. He's expected to make amends in 8.

Heihachi has been haphazardly changed to a semi-good guy. Why did he kill his wife? Because she was a demon that wanted to kill him first. Kazuya was likely a demon as well, which is why he tested his survivability (admittedly, there must've been better ways lol). Hei became ruthless since his wife died and put his own father away. But even Hei didn't shoot first.

Kazumi seems to be the root of all evil, also the one who mixes the devil gene with the Mishima bloodline.
It'll be interesting to see how Jin's redemption arc will be handled in Tekken 8.

Forward

What kind of twisted mind learns to fight with capoeira?

One wrongfully imprisoned. And the daughter of his teacher. Eddy can blame being wealthy. Cry me a river.

And Ogre was a good guy. He was trying to reset the roster. Shame he was also a joke character.

HeatBoost

The most righteous characters in Tekken are Paul, the Laws, Asuka, Bob, and Yoshimitsu.

They should form a superhero team.

Asuka gets to be red. Lars can show up late as an additional member who starts off very impressive but is ultimately nerfed to hell.

Mugy

Sorry for the BUMP. But you guys are crazy. Next you are going to tell me that Dr. Robotnik and Bowser aren't bad guys!

I don't know... I stopped at Tekken 5, but from what I remember, the characters are either evil or idiots. Or both. I guess Jun and both Chang (Michelle and the other I forget her name) were good and not stupid though.

Astral

Asuka is definitely not evil.

Are they ever gonna reveal her connection to Jin? Are they cousins or something? I hope she turns out to be his daughter from the distant post-apocalyptic future that was sent back in time in order to live a quiet life as a high school student.

Mugy

I just say that i can hardly think about a series that focus so heavily around the BAD CHARACTERS so clearly.

Yeah, Asuka, Lars, Law, Paul, Yoshimitsu are not bad. But none of these guys are mostly covered in the boxart, promos, etc. Hell, this series became, in my eyes, about the Mishima Family doing crazy shit to gain other crazy shits. Who cares? Lets kill everybody who isn't a Mishima! or even if IT IS A Mishima, killing him anyway!

Most fighting games have a clear face of a main protagonist who is actually good and saves everybody, or at least try. Kyo Kusanagi, Ryu in some ways, guess Mitsurugi or Kilik?, Akira from VF, Batsu from Rival Schools.

But in tekken you feel like, either you kill or someolese fools you into killing you

I like the idea every cast member understands every language in the world, heihachi especially seems like a dude who would have fluent command of all of them but deliberately choose to speak in Japanese

Hyun Sai

I just say that i can hardly think about a series that focus so heavily around the BAD CHARACTERS so clearly.

Yeah, Asuka, Lars, Law, Paul, Yoshimitsu are not bad. But none of these guys are mostly covered in the boxart, promos, etc. Hell, this series became, in my eyes, about the Mishima Family doing crazy shit to gain other crazy shits. Who cares? Lets kill everybody who isn't a Mishima! or even if IT IS A Mishima, killing him anyway!

Most fighting games have a clear face of a main protagonist who is actually good and saves everybody, or at least try. Kyo Kusanagi, Ryu in some ways, guess Mitsurugi or Kilik?, Akira from VF, Batsu from Rival Schools.

But in tekken you feel like, either you kill or someolese fools you into killing you

That's what make Tekken so great. When I finished the first opus, I couldn't believe it when I saw Kazuya smile after throwing Heihachi from the cliff. I knew something was off, and they triple downed it in Tekken 2.

That shit is glorious. Villains ARE the heroes of Tekken.

ShyMel

Are they ever gonna reveal her connection to Jin? Are they cousins or something? I hope she turns out to be his daughter from the distant post-apocalyptic future that was sent back in time in order to live a quiet life as a high school student.
I could have sworn them being cousins was cannon but the Tekken Wiki is saying they are just relatives.

SarusGray

Who picks fights with a random japanese girl for no reason, even to go so far as to move into her territory, transfer to her school, and then
buy up her whole family dojo because she can't beat her/
With a vampire girl trapped under her basement. The girl Is the epitomy of evil
Julia Chang wants to save the worlds forest and protect it from climate change. Doesn't get more angelic than that boyz

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't know my family always wants to kill each other but then next minute they are at the buffet laughing and eating,

I don't know my family always wants to kill each other but then next minute they are at the buffet laughing and eating,

And yet, the Mishimas/Kazamas couldn't even hand the half Swedish bastard child a fork when they gathered for the family Oden.

Lars really should learn how to use chopsticks.

Isn't King's whole deal that he fights to get money to fund an orphanage? No way is he a bad guy. Also Paul just wants to punch aliens, nothing wrong with that.

Top Bottom